• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
GR1 has built in 16x9 support, and it still looks pretty good! Still as tense as ever, too.

Kevin

I have a GTX 590, latest drivers, Windows 7 64-Bit and games like Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's HAWX 2, Far Cry 2 won't even start. They start to load and then just go back to the menu. Anyone have any idea why these games and probably others aren't working?

Recently started a Steam account, and money seems to keep disappearing from my bank account as a result.

I got the Prince of Persia pack from a few days ago, and just bought R6 Vegas 1 and 2 as well as GRAW 1 and 2 today.

Too bad I'm separated from my desktop for at least another week, so running these games is kind of a longshot until then.

I've played hours of a lot of my games and the times aren't accurate. No idea why. Achievements are also off as a lot of them didn't unlock like they were supposed to.

nyong

Banned
Kevin said:
I have a GTX 590, latest drivers, Windows 7 64-Bit and games like Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's HAWX 2, Far Cry 2 won't even start. They start to load and then just go back to the menu. Anyone have any idea why these games and probably others aren't working?
Try reinstalling the Games for Windows client.

nyong

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
None of those games use Games For Windows, I thought.
The only time I've seen that exact error was with Games for Windows. I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't anything that supported the overlay or achievements either. I reinstalled the client over the course of troubleshooting and it started working.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jumped on Steam earlier today to purchase the Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell packs only to discover that Ubi don't sell them on the Aussie store, so I had to purchase the games separately. The R6 series actually worked out a whole 2c cheaper than the price of the pack, but the Splinter Cell games cost me a few extra bucks.

Salsa

JaseC said:
Jumped on Steam earlier today to purchase the Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell packs only to discover that Ubi don't sell them on the Aussie store, so I had to purchase the games separately. The R6 series actually worked out a whole 2c cheaper than the price of the pack, but the Splinter Cell games cost me a few extra bucks.

dude you could have asked for help D:

i would have gladly bought the games for ya

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SalsaShark said:
dude you could have asked for help D:

i would have gladly bought the games for ya

I thought about that (asking GAF that is, not you directly), but I figured a few extra bucks wouldn't hurt considering the amount I've spent this past week. :p I'll keep your kind offer in mind in case something comes up in the future, though!

Stallion Free said:
Yeah I definitely recommend throwing triple-buffering on it and at least 8x AA. The art looks fucking splendid in HD.

Added Darksiders to the Nvidia control panel, enabled triple buffering, 8x anti-aliasing and forced v-sync, it looks fucking spectacular and runs like butter.

I can't wait for the next Darksiders.

Smokey

Well...while waiting for HAWX to finish downloading...took a stroll through Steam.

Never played OG Rainbow 6 so I start thinking....next thing I know RB6 Gold and RB6 Vegas 2 are in my library for a total of $6. This has the potential to ruin my life. Those of you who have been apart of the Master Race for awhile are used to this...I am not.

Smokey said:
Well...while waiting for HAWX to finish downloading...took a stroll through Steam.

Never played OG Rainbow 6 so I start thinking....next thing I know RB6 Gold and RB6 Vegas 2 are in my library for a total of $6. This has the potential to ruin my life. Those of you who have been apart of the Master Race for awhile are used to this...I am not.
Get use to it. Put $200 away for late June, you're gonna need it.

cicero

Is Splinter Cell Conviction worth it? I keep on seeing widely varying reactions from the press and player comments. Also, is the Deluxe Edition of Splinter Cell Conviction worth the extra $1.70?

Secondly, R6V1 or R6V2? Every time I see one comment that shifts me towards one version, I seem to find another that says the opposite and recommends the other. I could buy both, but I am trying to cut back a bit, so any feedback on these games would be greatly appreciated.

Forkball

I'm having a problem with Assassin's Creed 2. It shows the typical installing DirectX screen and then nothing. WHY DO YOU TEASE ME UBISOFT?

leng jai

Are people really that tight that they need someone else's opinion on the $1.70 deluxe premium? Read the description and decide for yourself.

Blergh. Internet issues on Bootcamp so I can't even check out Chaos Theory right now. Makes me feel a bit better that I didn't grab a R6 since I don't know how long it will take to sort it out.

Basically, I haven't been able to access the internet on my Windows 7 partition for a few days now wired or wireless. It will connect to the router but says that it doesn't have internet access. I've tried almost all the solutions I've seen online for the problem, but nothing has worked so far, so I may just have to back up and reinstall. It's weird because it works fine on OS X.

I'm really more upset because I can't see/record to Audiosurf leaderboards. :(

Fredescu

cicero said:
Secondly, R6V1 or R6V2? Every time I see one comment that shifts me towards one version, I seem to find another that says the opposite and recommends the other. I could buy both, but I am trying to cut back a bit, so any feedback on these games would be greatly appreciated.
I would choose 2. Graphically it's a lot better, and you're probably more likely to find some people online for it.

leng jai said:
Are people really that tight that they need someone else's opinion on the $1.70 deluxe premium? Read the description and decide for yourself.

All the description says it that includes 3 more weapons and a special mode. It doesn't say whether those things are crap that was cut for a reason or surprisingly useful bonuses.

cicero

leng jai said:
Why shouldn't I ask a simple question about the Deluxe Edition of a game after asking about the game as a whole? Maybe someone has some impressions that might be of help. I would rather not waste any money if there is no real worth involved. These little differences add up, I have a huge backlog as it is, and I would rather not spend anything I don't have to. I want to maximize my purchasing power while not spending $800+ like I did last year on digital purchases.

The insinuation that this is somehow a ridiculous idea is in itself, ridiculous. I have bought numerous titles and DLC based specifically on comments found in GAF threads, how dare I ask for more, eh?...

Inkblot

Conviction is a fantastic game, deluxe and Insurgency aren't absolutely necessary, but they do add a fair amount of post-campaign stuff, definitely worth it, imo

Weenerz

Banned
Nah, no pop up blocker here on Firefox or IE (Use Chrome as my primary browser, installed FF just to try registering, so it doesn't have any add-ons.) I'll just wait a few hours and try again I guess.

Forkball

Fixed the Assassin's Creed problem, just restarted my computer. Anyways, the game is fun so far, but this game has to have the worst default layout for the 360 controller. The button controls are often switched and don't correspond to the color icon. Not to mention camera rotation is via the trigger buttons by default.

Fredescu

Forkball said:
Fixed the Assassin's Creed problem, just restarted my computer. Anyways, the game is fun so far, but this game has to have the worst default layout for the 360 controller. The button controls are often switched and don't correspond to the color icon. Not to mention camera rotation is via the trigger buttons by default.
Wireless controller right? You're going to need this: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom