• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
LocoMrPollock said:
Maybe cause the call of booty weekend?
It's possible but they both play different, i'm sure it will pick up on the weekend with some regulars but it turns me off buying the map pack right now for sure.

nexen said:
Section 8: Prejudice is a fun game. I enjoyed it lots.
I started a 3 star hard run today, played it on normal before but lost my save due to a game crash, I hope they fixed that problem now...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Coldsnap said:
Does red faction guerilla have GFWL achievements? How is the controller support?

Native pad support and achievement, it's GFWL dude. I've been using my pad so far, mouse precision isn't needed for hammer smashing.

Coldsnap

Snuggler said:
Native pad support and achievement, it's GFWL dude. I've been using my pad so far, mouse precision isn't needed for hammer smashing.

Ah cool, I tried this on xbox 360 and didn't like it. Thinking about giving it another shot. How does it look with everything maxed?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Coldsnap said:
Ah cool, I tried this on xbox 360 and didn't like it. Thinking about giving it another shot. How does it look with everything maxed?

Eh, it should run on max settings on most modern rigs, but it's not that great to look at. The environments are barren and the art is plain. Still, it's worth $5 just to smash and explode things.

Coldsnap

Snuggler said:
Eh, it should run on max settings on most modern rigs, but it's not that great to look at. The environments are barren and the art is plain. Still, it's worth $5 just to smash and explode things.

True, I'm gonna pick it up. Hitting things with a hammer was fun

Does Guerrilla ever get you into flying vehicles? I'm about to clear Dust and the most bad ass vehicle I've stumbled on to thus far is a combat mech. One of the things that I enjoyed int he first Red Faction were the submarine and jet fighter sections in those giant catacombs below the surface of Mars.

Vyer

MacGurcules said:
This is kinda random, but did you guys ever play Silent Storm? Good game. I wonder why it isn't on Steam. That was JoWood, wasn't it? We've got Gothic and Painkiller. Why no Silent Storm?
Happened to mention it a while back. I really enjoyed SS and wish it was there. I also wish there were more games like it.

Exuro said:
TF2 got updated.

Added the Red Faction promo item
The Maul
Added upcoming promo items for Magic: The Gathering
Added additional community submitted response rules
Doubled the item drop rate for the next week
Updated the Conjurer's Cowl to be paintable
Updated the webapi output to include the names of the drop_type and holiday_restriction fields
Updated the localization files

Yeah they had a blog post about it. Runs through the 10th.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
jaundicejuice said:
Does Guerrilla ever get you into flying vehicles? I'm about to clear Dust and the most bad ass vehicle I've stumbled on to thus far is a combat mech. One of the things that I enjoyed int he first Red Faction were the submarine and jet fighter sections in those giant catacombs below the surface of Mars.

No flying vehicles but you do get a jetpack.

LocoMrPollock said:
Here's my recommendation for Numen.

1zlyczm.jpg
Maybe worth $2, but not worth your time.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
jaundicejuice said:
Guerilla doesn't, but Armageddon does.

Salsa

My Duels of the Planeswalkers icon changed:

icAFoC.PNG

now says GOLD under it

I figure it has something to do with the release of the 2012 version, but it didnt got updated or anything..

Mairu

I have an extra Red Faction Guerilla key from preordering RF Armageddon on D2D a few weeks ago. Not sure if you can register it on Steam, but if someone wants to trade for like a copy of Red Faction 1 or something let me know. If nobody wants and none of my friends wants I'll probably just end up giving it away :p

Cipherr said:
Finally tried the free COD.

Gahhbage, not sure why I even bothered. Free is a helluva drug.
I tried three different servers and each one had a dumbass using an aimbot. None of them ever got kicked but in each one people were being kicked off for cursing. I uninstalled it after 70 mins. I will never buy this game. It is trash and not fun. At all. Sticking with BC2 and TF2.

markot

Banned
SalsaShark said:
My Duels of the Planeswalkers icon changed:

icAFoC.PNG

now says GOLD under it

I figure it has something to do with the release of the 2012 version, but it didnt got updated or anything..
Did you buy all the gold foil kachiggas?

Mines still the old icon >.>

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, with the Screenshots being about 2 months old now, how many have you guys taken and uploaded? I got 257 so far.

scitek

XeroSauce said:
Ubisoft does like to have it's servers running while you play, but that shouldn't affect gameplay to the point of stuttering. Maybe it was constantly trying to connect?

Anyways, I agree, fuck UbiDRM. Pain in the ass to play multiplayer sometimes (and it takes three screens jsut to get to the damn game, bloody hell).

Brotherhood let's you play in Offline mode.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Drkirby said:
So, with the Screenshots being about 2 months old now, how many have you guys taken and uploaded? I got 257 so far.

Probably less than a dozen. I notice a lot of people who take screenshots just sort of mash the screenshot key, but if I'm uploading it, it's going to be a particularly interesting screenshot and I'm going to caption it.

NBtoaster

Have they lessened the ludicrous compression on screenshots? I uploaded a few shots of Fallout 3 to test it out but didn't bother with more. Mainly because I keep forgetting :p

NBtoaster said:
Have they lessened the ludicrous compression on screenshots? I uploaded a few shots of Fallout 3 to test it out but didn't bother with more. Mainly because I keep forgetting :p
I went back to Fraps for the same reason. The default (only?) compression is way too high.

Echoplx

archnemesis said:
I went back to Fraps for the same reason. The default (only?) compression is way too high.

Just set the fraps key to the same as the steam key so you get the them uploaded to your profile as well as a uncompressed copy to do whatever you want with.

SteveWinwood said:
I tried three different servers and each one had a dumbass using an aimbot. None of them ever got kicked but in each one people were being kicked off for cursing. I uninstalled it after 70 mins. I will never buy this game. It is trash and not fun. At all. Sticking with BC2 and TF2.

Guess I got lucky then.
Tried it for a few hours, 'only' saw one aimbotter.
No swearing except on one server (the first one I joined, everyone calling eachother noob haha)

Maps suck (SO much) and seem tinier than ever (wtf nuketown) , but I seem to no longer spawn right behind people, wasn't getting grenaded or noobtubed, killstreaks rewards no longer count to killstreaks to there are far far less of them, less lag (community hosted dedis), and I seem to die less fast (maybe its cos the last similar game I played was shitfront).

It's still a huge clusterfuck with unsatisfying weapons ,bad maps, no real spawn system, runs like a DOG on my hd4870 - which considering the bad graphics and small maps is pathetic- and you still get knifed from 10 feet away and the hit detection is still laggy (getting shot around corners, knifed by people who ran past you 2 seconds earlier).

But compared to MW2 it's a step back away from the 'worst game and community and mechanics and balance and lag in the history of FPS games'.

About 20 more big steps like that and maybe it'll be as good as css (which isn't very good).

Joe Molotov

Drkirby said:

252. I generally take a few for every serious day of gaming I put in, to create a sort of visual diary of what I played each day. I like to take shots of anything that's funny, pretty, or naked.

Jackl

Cipherr said:
Finally tried the free COD.

Gahhbage, not sure why I even bothered. Free is a helluva drug.

Agreed. Honestly I found it felt worse then the original MW.

Thanks Steam, I was feeling the consumer whore itch to buy. But now I can be assured I'm not missing out on anything.(Especially not for near full price either, sheeze)

coopolon

Joe Molotov said:
252. I generally take a few for every serious day of gaming I put in, to create a sort of visual diary of what I played each day. I like to take shots of anything that's funny, pretty, or naked.

This is a really cool idea.

This is kind of riffing on what Joe is talking about, the thing I like most about taking screenshots is that they populate my library page for that game in detail view. So for example if I select Half-Life 2, my screenshot of Dr. Kliener's photograph of the Black Mesa staff with Breen's face scratched out is the background. It's like a visual diary of my playtime and I customise my Steam client at the same time.

Edit: 279. But my last few for Section 8: Prejudice aren't showing up.

Oreoleo

Joe Molotov said:
This is more or less what I've started doing, though since I've been playing older, less graphically impressive games lately I've been limiting it to 2 or 3 pics per game. I've got 58 total.

Though in my mind I've been thinking of them like postcards rather than a diary.

Salsa

markot said:
Did you buy all the gold foil kachiggas?

Mines still the old icon >.>

i did not!

and now it downloaded a 500mb update D:

Drkirby said:

367, way too much. I used to do as Stumpokapow but now its more similar to what Joe said.

Cheech

Does Black Ops have a bug where the frame rate drops to 0 when you're close to another player and you're shooting at each other? It happens to me a lot, and it's frustrating. I die every time.

Chuck

Still without luck
Cheech said:
Does Black Ops have a bug where the frame rate drops to 0 when you're close to another player and you're shooting at each other? It happens to me a lot, and it's frustrating. I die every time.

I am also having this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom