• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

Cricket Revolution sale must have been a hit, 0 ranked games, 0 friendly games and 1 game in progress. 1 person in the chat room.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Zeitgeister said:
Had I not bought Metro 2033 before, I would have bought Homefront with it's current bundle offer.

only bought Raziel & Kain DLC for Guardian of light this week.

Is homefront looking good? Little oversubscribed on FPSes, but curious about metro 2033 and the bundle looks good value. Still have HL2, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2, Just Cause 2 and then preorders for crysis 2 and portal 2 to go through. but if homefront and/or metro 2033 offer a unique atmosphere/story I might go for those too.

ArjanN

mrklaw said:
Is homefront looking good? Little oversubscribed on FPSes, but curious about metro 2033 and the bundle looks good value. Still have HL2, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2, Just Cause 2 and then preorders for crysis 2 and portal 2 to go through. but if homefront and/or metro 2033 offer a unique atmosphere/story I might go for those too.

Metro 2033 has exactly that. And the PC version of Homefront is looking to be the best version by far.

Joe Molotov

pilonv1 said:
Cricket Revolution sale must have been a hit, 0 ranked games, 0 friendly games and 1 game in progress. 1 person in the chat room.

Well, you can't expect anyone to actually play it. It's just another game to throw on the heap.

The Big Rig said:
Just finished Trine. Why aren't there more games like this? It seems pretty simple to make, and you can have a lot of fun with the physics.

Honestly Trine is one of those small great looking games that I was hyped for, but came out of feeling very anti
King's Bounty and Torchlight were two other recent ones
. The combat is rote and the puzzles mostly struck me as fiddling around trying to get the physics engine to react the way you want as opposed to actually having to perform some interesting problem solving skills. It does look great though.

43% dl'ed.

Rome is really fun, I am a total lightweight when it comes to this series as well, but these games have a very special, unique vibe to them.

Going from a Civ IV style overmap to a lord of the rings battle of pelennor fields battle and zooming in to watch an arrow fly from the shoulder of an archer is something to behold.

Not to mention its a return to roots, and the only PC exclusive that enters my mind.

The Big Rig said:
Just finished Trine. Why aren't there more games like this? It seems pretty simple to make, and you can have a lot of fun with the physics.

I played a few levels of this co-op and it was awesome. my buddy went ahead to kill some enemies and I was raining down crates on him with the wizard until he died.

slidewinder said:
Guys is Half-Life 2: Episode 2 worth $1.99 or should I wait for Episode 3?

Midweek madness

That game is worth $30+, do it naow.

I'll link some shogun 2 screenshots in a little while after I play the demo.

epmode

slidewinder said:
Guys is Half-Life 2: Episode 2 worth $1.99 or should I wait for Episode 3?

Midweek madness
I'd say that the best story-driven single-player FPS ever made is worth $2.

edit: AND BEFORE ANYONE GETS CLEVER I'M TALKING ABOUT EPISODE 2, NOT HALO OR WHATEVER.

Spwn

OMG Does this mean they'll announce the date for Episode 3 now?!

But seriously, get it if you still haven't. I bought it with the Orange Box in 2007 and it was worth it then times a hundred.

Please tell me this episode 2 sale is leading to some vague patch that results in a Portal 2 announcement-style episode 3 thing. I fucking carried the gnome around the whole game, I think I can decode some radio signals.

The Big Rig said:
Please tell me this episode 2 sale is leading to some vague patch that results in a Portal 2 announcement-style episode 3 thing. I fucking carried the gnome around the whole game, I think I can decode some radio signals.
Don't get my hopes up... that would be crazy. Valve hardly ever does the same thing twice anyway, so I don't expect it to be anywhere similar to the Portal ARG.

Edit: In the news section of Steam it says this:
Act now and take advantage of huge savings! Half-Life 2: Episode Two is available at 75% off during the Midweek Madness sale. Offer ends Thursday at 4pm PDT.

Half-Life® 2: Episode Two is the second in a trilogy of new games created by Valve that extends the award-winning and best-selling Half-Life® adventure.
Why would that be the only thing they write about the game to get you to buy it? Seems suspicious.

MNC

ashbash159 said:
Don't get my hopes up... that would be crazy. Valve hardly ever does the same thing twice anyway, so I don't expect it to be anywhere similar to the Portal ARG.

Edit: In the news section of Steam it says this:

Why would that be the only thing they write about the game to get you to buy it? Seems suspicious.
I think we're seeing/believing things that aren't there yet. But it can pretty well be just that. Perhaps a sale for a bit of aperture science background?

FUCK, TRILOGY, EP3! YES WOO

There are many people who received HL2 and Episode 1 as gifts from people who bought the Orange Box. This sale will finally allow those same people to play the entire HL2 saga so far.

Quick question about Batman. I went ahead to install and boot the game (even though I wont be able to run it) to get the GFWL shit out of the way. Does the GFWL stuff happen before you reach the main menu or when you start a new game?

From The Dust said:
Quick question about Batman. I went ahead to install and boot the game (even though I wont be able to run it) to get the GFWL shit out of the way. Does the GFWL stuff happen before you reach the main menu or when you start a new game?
As soon as the game starts, although it can be slow and not appear until it says "press any key to start".

Zzoram

ChRoNiTe said:
Saw this on Slickdeals earlier...

Been thinking about picking it up, how does this game run on PC?

The same as Fallout 3. So basically whatever settings you could play Oblivion on, Fallout 3/NV will run 1 setting lower.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
scorpscarx said:
Shogun 2 is phenomenal.

Check out these screens 2560 x 1440 that I just now took, AA is disabled in the demo for some reason but all other settings maxed. Ran really well.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968945836/screenshot/558649168878190776

The strange missing textures only show up in the screens, not game.

The changing seasons, Japanese imagery. OOO AAHHH.

I adore this game, I am buying it.
Are the in-game animations as good as they were in the pre-release trailers?

MNC

Joe Molotov said:
Valve is trolling, there is no HL2 Episode 3.

Half-Life 3 with Source 2.0, coming November 2011
We've already had Source 2.0 basically. Source Engine keeps updating. Keep that whole "New source engine" outta here foo'!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ChRoNiTe said:
Saw this on Slickdeals earlier...

Been thinking about picking it up, how does this game run on PC?

My man, thanks for that link, New Vegas has been sitting at no. 1 on my wishlist since I decided to go PC. I've already spent wayyy to much money of games recently, but I can't resist that deal, especially since it's Steam compatible.

nice

I'm logged in but it said the SAVER promo doesn't apply to that item. Oh well.

Relax.MX

If you do not buy half life 2 episode 2 are bad people...i am currently replayed the half life saga and still are amazing games

webrunner

MNC said:
We've already had Source 2.0 basically. Source Engine keeps updating. Keep that whole "New source engine" outta here foo'!
I'd say we're at 1.9

We'd need to ditch the decades-old "BSP" format and all it's leaky baked lightingy dos compiley slow loady closed spacey glory before I could say we're source 2.

Salaadin

Relax.MX said:
If you do not buy half life 2 episode 2 are bad people...i am currently replayed the half life saga and still are amazing games

Episode 2 has got to be some of the best gaming Ive ever had. Its great from start to finish.

Zzoram

Portal 2's end credits video will probably have a teaser for Episode 3, or maybe just Half-Life 3.

It HAS to be their next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom