• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Miri said:
Oh, I know that, but I'm thinking that it's tied to your steam account. I guess I should clarify, Could me and another person be on the same Steam account--one on the ps3, one on the pc/mac-- and still play co-op?

Could be wrong, but I'm going to say no.

1-D_FTW

Miri said:
Oh, I know that, but I'm thinking that it's tied to your steam account. I guess I should clarify, Could me and another person be on the same Steam account--one on the ps3, one on the pc/mac-- and still play co-op?

Highly, highly unlikely. The whole point of Steam cross play is to allow you to purchase a game and play it across all your compatible devices. Allowing you to play one purchase on multi devices at the same time goes against everything Steam has ever done. Wouldn't count on an exception here.

bigace33

Veal said:
So I just bought Darksiders and I can't get the cursor to stop shifting up. When in game, the camera just keeps looking up and none of the buttons on the X360 controller work. Does anyone know what's going on? Is there any hope of playing this game?
Mine did the same thing when I had my generic controller plugged in. I had to download X360ce. Its a 360 controller emulator. Everything straightened out after that. I still had to tweak the controller like crazy to get it working properly but the camera problem was solved instantly. I now have a 360 wired controller so no problems at all now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Miri said:

Valve haven't said anything about that just yet, but the assumption is 'no'.

Oreoleo

Veal said:
So I just bought Darksiders and I can't get the cursor to stop shifting up. When in game, the camera just keeps looking up and none of the buttons on the X360 controller work. Does anyone know what's going on? Is there any hope of playing this game?

I had an issue when I loaded up Darksiders with the menu controls that ended up being the result of the Bluetooth USB dongle I had plugged into my mobo. When I unplugged it everything was right as rain. So uh, if you have one of those, try that.

Veal

Orellio said:
I had an issue when I loaded up Darksiders with the menu controls that ended up being the result of the Bluetooth USB dongle I had plugged into my mobo. When I unplugged it everything was right as rain. So uh, if you have one of those, try that.
Hey whaddya know! That did it! Thanks man! What an odd glitch.

MacAttack

Sinatar said:
That horrid wings of prey DRM is gone? Hallefreakinglujah.

It was just about the only game in my library I hadnt touched since setting up my new PC mainly because of the DRM. Maybe now Ill check it out again.

Joe Molotov

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Anyone know why Indigo Prophecy was pulled from the Steam store? It still shows up in my wishlist but the store listing is gone.

Occasionally games disappear from the store and no reason is ever given, but presumably it has to do with Valve no longer having the rights to sell them.

Forkball

Ookami-kun said:
So did I make a right choice and buy Monday Night Combat? XD

It's soooo fun but sorta repetitive.
It has its ups and downs. It's more of a tower defense/DotA game than a shooter. I'm interested to see if the community grows, a week or so ago they were maxing out at 300 players a day, but now with this free weekend it's up to 8,000.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Anyone know why Indigo Prophecy was pulled from the Steam store? It still shows up in my wishlist but the store listing is gone.
Damnit, another Outrun case. I swear it's a conspiracy to make people buy anything they are interested in as quickly as possible.

graywolf323

any impressions of Winter Voices?

Joe Molotov said:
Occasionally games disappear from the store and no reason is ever given, but presumably it has to do with Valve no longer having the rights to sell them.

wish they'd give us a warning so if you had been on the fence about a game you could buy it before it disappeared (GOG.com tends to do this I believe)

IrishNinja

Joe Molotov said:

fuck, i was so gonna buy that next sale too. sold my PS2 copy to do so. dammit. do these things ever reverse?

also, graywolf: i bought Winter Voices, not yet played but i was sold on RPS post. flawed, but intriguing, and it was on sale.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
GuiltybyAssociation said:
I've only played the prologue, but it's painfully slow. Would not recommend.
Me neither, thought it looks incredible on pictures but actual gameplay is kinda "meh".

syoaran

Got a quick question about authentication to the neogaf hivemind:

I'm at work now and I'm thinking of picking up Shogun2 and AC:B down at my local HMV. However I've just moved house back at home, so now direct connection there for another two weeks.

I've got steam installed on my macbook - is there a way for me to authorize my CD-Keys here at work, and then use a authorized code to install the game at home (ala Alpha Protocol)?

bigace33

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Darksiders for 10 bucks. I pirated it a while back but now it is one more game now that I can proudly say I paid for. I'm slowly making my rounds on all the games I pirated on PC to at least pay for them. It's gonna take a while and I probably wont be able to do all of them but at least I'm trying. Us reformed pirates must take it one day at a time. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
bigace33 said:
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Darksiders for 10 bucks. I pirated it a while back but now it is one more game now that I can proudly say I paid for. I'm slowly making my rounds on all the games I pirated on PC to at least pay for them. It's gonna take a while and I probably wont be able to do all of them but at least I'm trying. Us reformed pirates must take it one day at a time. :p

Always glad to hear someone is going legit. Just a heads up though, the forum frowns on piracy so if you are going to continue to pirate, please don't admit it here. :)

bigace33

Stumpokapow said:
Always glad to hear someone is going legit. Just a heads up though, the forum frowns on piracy so if you are going to continue to pirate, please don't admit it here. :)
Ok sorry. I'm done with piracy. Lol I hope they don't ban me for saying that. It took a half a year to get approved to even post here to begin with.

graywolf323

Stumpokapow said:

now is as good a time as any to break out one of my favorite quotes about Steam

"Steam has truly solved the issue of piracy: instead of me not paying for games that I want, Steam has me paying for games I don't want."

Joe Molotov

graywolf323 said:

"Steam has truly solved the issue of piracy: instead of me not paying for games that I want, Steam has me paying for games I don't want."

qDWUY.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Joe Molotov said:
There's so many good deals on Steam, GG, and other places that it's awesome. I've quickly built up a small collection since building my new PC about a month ago. It's bliss here. Couple that with my newly r-invigorated PS2 gaming on my PC (thanks to PCSX2) and it's icing on the cake. Love PC gaming.

Shaneus

graywolf323 said:

I love it! That should be the thread title, if we could have long-arse thread titles, that is.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The_Player said:
I second this. There's pretty much of a titles in my library in which I won't ever play.
I used to think that way. Then I played Battle: Los Angeles.

Now I figure nothing could be as big a waste as that game, so I'll probably get to everything eventually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I avoided last year's Christmas sale due to the size of my Steam backlog. Surprisingly, it wasn't that difficult to avoid temptation; whenever I saw an awesome deal, I'd just load up CS and forget about it. :p

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
all my copies of mnc have been sold. thanks for the pms yall. sorry if i didn't get to you. if you guys are interested in future stuff, i do packs all the time.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
JaseC said:
I avoided last year's Christmas sale due to the size of my Steam backlog. Surprisingly, it wasn't that difficult to avoid temptation; whenever I saw an awesome deal, I'd just load up CS and forget about it. :p

This may not apply to everyone, but it is funny how we buy so many games and build up huge backlogs only to keep coming back to the same games.

I probably shouldn't have bought Rift because now pretty much all of my backlog has been put off indefinitely. If only I could clone myself so I could 2X this shit.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
TheExodu5 said:
I could probably never buy another game in my life and still not finish the games on my Steam list. I'm at about 390 now.
I have like 300 less. 390 is a bunch!

kswiston

TheExodu5 said:
I could probably never buy another game in my life and still not finish the games on my Steam list. I'm at about 390 now.

I have really slowed down my purchasing in the last 8-9 months, but am still at 260... And that doesn't even count the 50 or so games I have on other services like GOG.com

$1-5 games are my weakness.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is 50% off $9.99. I could buy it again just to have it on my steam game list :p

Lots of stuff going on sale right now, The Witcher EE is $10, anyone who hasn't played that buy it now!!!!

Speaking of number of games on steam, I usually only buy stuff that I am certain to play.
Of my sub-100 games, I've played them all and usually more than once. Even if a $$60 game is $3 bucks I won't buy it if I don't want it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom