• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

LocoMrPollock said:
Pulled out my disc, these aren't on the PS3/360 collection:

Eternal Champions
Landstalker
Bio-Hazard Battle
Crack Down
Ecco Jr
Galaxy Force II
Gunstar Heroes
Light Crusader
Virtua Fighter 2
Wonder Boy III

yeah, ill bite for gunstar, eternal champions & wonder boy. i'm an old-school sega whore though, they get me everytime around this price.

^any chance they'll honor this and toss in TJ&E when its steamable again? sonic games getting added in would be keen too.

and yeah, dreamcast collection for $20 sounds alright before i figure bass fishing = throwaway, crazy taxi is a lazy port, so its just sonic adventure (which ages poorly) and space channel 5 part 2 which is awesome, but not for that price, i think.

Salsa

Relax.MX said:
The Chronicles of Riddick™ Assault on Dark Athena is 75%(5dlls) but need you help about TAGES ¿is that bad?

PD: And Alpha Protocol for $4.76 i want but....for me steam :(

Huh, i thought you could activate Alpha Protocol on Steam for some reason..

Can you do it with Riddick ?

Relax.MX

SalsaShark said:
Huh, i thought you could activate Alpha Protocol on Steam for some reason..

Can you do it with Riddick ?

Riddick speacial is on Steam but I read sad/bad stories about that game ... with the TAGES protection and resolution bugs...

I just need a confirmation for the activation for Steam from Alpha Protocol and is mine

Forkball said:
Lead and Gold is pretty interesting. The maps can be a bit confusing, but there are a lot of paths and some cool ideas (like hiding in corn stalks) and the modes are varied and unique. However, I cannot hit shit in this game. I can be two feet away from the guy, have ironsights on, shoot right at his chest, and still miss. Never have I shot around someone so much.

It really force you to move as a team for the auto-buffs each class offers. I believe the gunslinger is a perfect comrade for the Deputy with his accuracy buff. Puts that deputy repeater rifle into the good books.

Unique game. Hope people are enjoying it.

I can't find the fun in Lead and Gold. I can't aim, and there's bizarre animation issues when you're in iron sight mode. The maps seem pretty confusing, and I wasn't entirely sure of my objections.

And Gunslinger was the only class I actually could kill something with.
Also a convention that has been in every FPS shooter ever made is auto-respawn. For whatever reason I have to press a button to respawn. I sat for a good minute wondering why the respawn times were so long until I noticed I had to press a button.

I played the shit out of Lead and Gold today. Really fun game. I like how it incentives sticking together for mutual gain.

I mostly used the deputy and I was wrecking people's shit. Tagging is so fun. I'd tag someone and just follow them around from a distance and once they rounded a corner it was good night. It almost felt like I was hacking.

I kicked in the $2.50 for the 4 hours of fun I've had with it. I hope others did the same.

toasty_T said:
I played the shit out of Lead and Gold today. Really fun game. I like how it incentives sticking together for mutual gain.

I mostly used the deputy and I was wrecking people's shit. Tagging is so fun. I'd tag someone and just follow them around from a distance and once they rounded a corner it was good night. It almost felt like I was hacking.

I kicked in the $2.50 for the 4 hours of fun I've had with it. I hope others did the same.

Great game. Heaps of fun. When you jump with a bunch of stooge-like lone-wolfers, it's pretty average, but if you end up rolling with people who know the game, it's terrific.

bigace33

Relax.MX said:
Riddick speacial is on Steam but I read sad/bad stories about that game ... with the TAGES protection and resolution bugs...

I just need a confirmation for the activation for Steam from Alpha Protocol and is mine
Riddick looks disgusting on my PC. My Xbox version looks much better. The Tages thing was a major pain until I figured it out. Anything over 5 dollars and I would have been really mad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Moobabe said:
This is the one that comes with Butcher Bay right?
Yeah, it's two full games that comes out to 20 hours or so of high quality content. Vin Diesel is sick as Riddick and the rest cast is phenomenal. The stories are quite good and the stealth and melee combat is top-notch. Dark Athena does a bit too much shooting, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

I only just started using Steam relatively recently; how does downloading games to multiple computers work? I downloaded Super Meat Boy at both home and work, and then it occurred to me that there must surely be some kind of system set in place to prevent people from sharing games with other people they know in real life.

Can you only download games to a certain amount of computers? Or are there no limits, but you're automatically logged onto Steam when you start up a game, and if that account is already logged on elsewhere, the game won't play?

hamchan

Ben2749 said:
I only just started using Steam relatively recently; how does downloading games to multiple computers work? I downloaded Super Meat Boy at both home and work, and then it occurred to me that there must surely be some kind of system set in place to prevent people from sharing games with other people they know in real life.

Can you only download games to a certain amount of computers? Or are there no limits, but you're automatically logged onto Steam when you start up a game, and if that account is already logged on elsewhere, the game won't play?
You can't have the same account logged in on two computers. You get logged out on the first computer if you try.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ben2749 said:

That's how it works. However, offline mode allows you to kind of abuse the system.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Ickman3400 said:
Shouldn't the game have gone gold by now if that's the case? I don't recall seeing any news on that.

I have a bad feeling Valve time is about to strike again.

I went off the amazon.com ship date. And a quick search brought this up.

coopolon

bigace33 said:
Riddick looks disgusting on my PC. My Xbox version looks much better. The Tages thing was a major pain until I figured it out. Anything over 5 dollars and I would have been really mad.

What looks bad about it?

Sanic

Most of the maps in Lead & Gold feel off to me somehow. Not that they're poorly designed or confusing, but I think my issue is that the locations are sort of designed in ways that they never would be in real life.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Pandoracell said:
Most of the maps in Lead & Gold feel off to me somehow. Not that they're poorly designed or confusing, but I think my issue is that the locations are sort of designed in ways that they never would be in real life.
As in locations wouldn't ever be perfectly mirrored with a meeting point in the middle and little to no alternative routes?

Well. That's why it's a game.

Binabik15

hylje said:
Rename the files in the Assassin Creed folder (steamapps/common/) DX9 -> DX10 and viceversa. You'll have DX9 via Steam then. I'm running 5770 but didn't much issues with DX10. DX9 did though ran much smoother so played with that through.

Awesome, now it works.

Edit: Well, the game works, but it doesn´t recognize my 360 wireless controller. Great.

Pandoracell said:

IMO game is not even worth the $2.50 they asking for, after trying it for one night i am ready to hit Delete Local Content...

bigace33

coopolon said:
What looks bad about it?
Even though I have a bad card, it does a decent job on all of the new games. With Butcher Bay it looks really dark and the detail is not sharp like it is on my Xbox version. Since I updated my drivers I can actually play GTA EFLCS at a good clip and the game looks decent. I haven't tried Dark Athena yet, but I should be able to play Butcher Bay with no problems at all. It just looks ugly.

Sanic

drizzle said:
As in locations wouldn't ever be perfectly mirrored with a meeting point in the middle and little to no alternative routes?

Well. That's why it's a game.

Well of course, i'm not talking about symmetry, but in areas of the maps where they tried to make it feel real/natural, it feels off and haphazard. Haven't done any objective analysis on it obviously. Just a vibe i'm getting.

theBishop

Banned
Anyone else check out Lead and Gold? For $2.50, I think I already got my money out of it.

And it's HTPC friendly (good gamepad support).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
bigace33 said:
Even though I have a bad card, it does a decent job on all of the new games. With Butcher Bay it looks really dark and the detail is not sharp like it is on my Xbox version. Since I updated my drivers I can actually play GTA EFLCS at a good clip and the game looks decent. I haven't tried Dark Athena yet, but I should be able to play Butcher Bay with no problems at all. It just looks ugly.

I thought the same thing until I realized the graphics option screen actually scrolls down and all the detail options were defaulting to low.

theBishop said:
Anyone else check out Lead and Gold? For $2.50, I think I already got my money out of it.

And it's HTPC friendly (good gamepad support).

I haven't really messed around with it much, but when I plugged in my 360 pad, nothing happened. Do you have to do something special?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LocoMrPollock said:
I haven't really messed around with it much, but when I plugged in my 360 pad, nothing happened. Do you have to do something special?
It auto-detected mine. But there is no aim assist and I got continually raped until I switched back to MKB after like 5 deaths.

theBishop

Banned
LocoMrPollock said:

No, it just worked. Do you have the 360 driver installed?

Tried it again and pressed start at the title screen and the button prompts and everything changed. Nice. Will probably get ass-raped, though.

I wonder whatever happened to the console port? I could see this doing pretty well for 10 bones or so.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
It auto-detected mine. But there is no aim assist and I got continually raped until I switched back to MKB after like 5 deaths.

You didn't own people like you did playing Black Ops with a pad on PC? disappointed.

Today, I wanted to start "The Witcher", which i had bought during the holiday sale. Apparently, they have run out of keys because of the current sale and now I can't play... Oh glorious digital future...

MehsterChief said:
Today, I wanted to start "The Witcher", which i had bought during the holiday sale. Apparently, they have run out of keys because of the current sale and now I can't play... Oh glorious digital future...
If you already bought it, shouldn't you already have a key?

Rufus

Rodney McKay said:
If you already bought it, shouldn't you already have a key?
Probably never started it until now. (If it works the way I think it does and assigns a key upon first install/start.)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Lead and Gold is awesome. Too bad they screwed up the release of that game badly. They never had a proper dedicated server (I still think they don't). Nobody COULD create dedicated servers. Game died before it even came out.

I love it, but there's nobody to play with.

drizzle said:
Lead and Gold is awesome. Too bad they screwed up the release of that game badly. They never had a proper dedicated server (I still think they don't). Nobody COULD create dedicated servers. Game died before it even came out.

I love it, but there's nobody to play with.

There's like 5000 on it right now, and they do have dedicated servers.

There's still an issue with the server browser pinging like 1000 servers at the same time though. It's probably not an issue on non-free weekends though.

Binabik15 said:
Awesome, now it works.

Edit: Well, the game works, but it doesn´t recognize my 360 wireless controller. Great.
I think you have to have your controller powered on before starting the game. That's what I've noticed anyway.

Assuming you're talking about Brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom