• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pre-ordered Portal 2 with a prepaid credit card, and now I have 5 bucks left on the thing with nothing else to spend it on. What is the best 5 dollar game on steam?

Wonder when the Portal 2 OT is goin up, we need to start acquiring some hype.

KarmaCow

theinfinityissue said:
Just pre-ordered Portal 2 with a prepaid credit card, and now I have 5 bucks left on the thing with nothing else to spend it on. What is the best 5 dollar game on steam?

If you're into puzzle games Toki Tori is pretty good.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
theinfinityissue said:

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault On Butcher Bay is currently $5.

Buy now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know I recommended Riddick earlier, but I guess I should put my money where my mouth is: first PM with e-mail gets Riddick.

Edit: Taken.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
NaM said:
Fixed. Assault on Dark Athena includes Escape from Butcher Bay.
Oops yeah my bad. My browser showed "Chronicles of Riddick Assault o...", and my brain went back to when Butcher Bay completed the title.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So that does include Butcher Bay, right? yes it says so on Steam n/m

I played those games on PS3 but never finished either. Great atmosphere and presentation, but kind of frustrating at times. At $5 I'll give it another shot depending on what GamersGate has to offer with their next sale.

Stallion Free said:
I know I recommended Riddick earlier, but I guess I should put my money where my mouth is: first PM with e-mail gets Riddick.

Edit: Taken.

wow, that's pretty impressive dedication. You know what, fuck it, I'll give it a go.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How would I go about having a game removed from my Steam account? I have the german version of Saints Row 2 tied to my account that I accidentally bought from GG and I need to remove that shit in case the US version goes on sale.

Nabs

Snuggler said:
How would I go about having a game removed from my Steam account? I have the german version of Saints Row 2 tied to my account that I accidentally bought from GG and I need to remove that shit in case the US version goes on sale.
See if Steam Support can help

heyf00L

Buttonbasher said:
I think you have to have your controller powered on before starting the game. That's what I've noticed anyway.

Assuming you're talking about Brotherhood.
If he means the original, it doesn't have XInput (or whatever for "native" support). It will use Direct Input which will call all the buttons BUTTON1 and whatnot, but works. The only thing is the triggers work as an axis (L is Z-axis left and R is Z-axis right), so if you press both they add up to zero, so you can't press both at the same time. I'm playing it just using LB and RB instead. Works well enough.

But yeah, you have to have the controller on before the game starts and then set it up in your profile.

Yeah, Riddick was a really bad idea. I can't play it due to it not accepting the steam key that pops up before the game loads. I was considering getting a more recent title to avoid this very issue. Oh well, I guess.

theinfinityissue said:
Yeah, Riddick was a really bad idea. I can't play it due to it not accepting the steam key that pops up before the game loads. I was considering getting a more recent title to avoid this very issue. Oh well, I guess.

What do you mean? Did you buy it on Steam?

bah sorry, one of those situations where I figured it out 30 seconds after posting. Had an error in my typing of the key, got all turned around because you have to submit a code to get a code which is automatically entered, etc etc

So, uh. Little bit into this. This actually seems good. The voice acting is actually decent, and I'm feeling kind of engaged.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Stallion Free said:
Vin Diesel voicework is sex for the ears.

What can I say, I like my protagonist to sound like an actual badass.
I couldn't agree with you more. Also, TCoR:AoDA is one of my favourites games.

Sanic

How's the population on Lead and Gold now that the free weekend is over? I haven't had a chance to play today but was starting to get pretty into it yesterday, so i'm hoping i'll find some good matches when I go to play again this week.

Pandoracell said:
How's the population on Lead and Gold now that the free weekend is over? I haven't had a chance to play today but was starting to get pretty into it yesterday, so i'm hoping i'll find some good matches when I go to play again this week.

Currently 1010 people playing as of this post.

Zimbardo

regarding lead and gold ...i've heard people complain about laggy games and no dedicated servers.

is this the case?

lag is not something i want to deal with.

(i didn't get the chance to play the free weekend. the game looks good from videos tho.)

Zimbardo said:
regarding lead and gold ...i've heard people complain about laggy games and no dedicated servers.

is this the case?

lag is not something i want to deal with.

(i didn't get the chance to play the free weekend. the game looks good from videos tho.)

There were a bunch of dedicated servers during the free weekend.

vazel

Banned
I didn't notice any lag issues. But the game desperately needs an auto shuffling feature. Every game I've played has been so one-sided it's not even funny. You have to vote shuffle but the winning team usually votes no. But I'll notch that down to all the new players from the free weekend, let's hope it's not such an egregious problem once the player base normalizes.

LM4sure

Banned
Picked up Lead and Gold yesterday and put a few hours in. A lot more fun than I thought it would be. Gotta love these Steam sales.

MRORANGE

mrklaw said:
no news of Shift 2 appearing yet?

EA may have decided to delay the game release on steam, they did this with nfs:hp by two/three weeks

commissar said:
goddamn brink price hike makes me want to stab someone ):<

Brink is actually a steamworks title, so you can register the key with a retail copy, which is cheaper.

epmode

MRORANGE said:
EA may have decided to delay the game release on steam, they did this with nfs:hp by two/three weeks
It's like EA has stopped even trying to get me to buy their games. Will wait for a 75% off sale before considering, as usual.

Salsa

New sale up:

7KO5Y.png

OCuVQ.png

Play the demo, then buy it. Wonderful game.

Also GhostBusters: The Videogame (not the new one) on sale for 10 bucks.

nyong

Banned
How is Darkspore? I noticed they have what looks like an entire class reserved for preorders, which is incredibly dumb. They even advertise it as an advantage in a PvP game. I sincerely hope not.

epmode

nyong said:
How is Darkspore? I noticed they have what looks like an entire class reserved for preorders, which is incredibly dumb. They even advertise it as an advantage in a PvP game. I sincerely hope not.
I just read the description and they say "instant access" which implies that it's just an early unlock. If I'm wrong and you're right, that's an instant pass.

jiien

So them automatically adding Darkspore to my Games Library is because of that? I had no idea that such a game existed, and was a little weirded out that it suddenly appeared in my list. It doesn't even have a store page yet.

Salsa

IrishNinja said:
fun game, still no idea why the lack of co-op. wasn't it cheaper last halloween sale?

I think so, yeah. Maybe it was 10 bucks as well ?

The star of the show here is Nimbus though, im telling ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom