• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Mr.Swag said:
Question:
Does Steam have a Black Friday sale?
Im fairly new to steam and want to know if i should set aside some money.

Last year they had a 4 or 5 day event. Was kind of an nontraditional sale, but had some good deals.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Baha said:
The Batman: Arkham City store page is confusing the hell out of me. What I see at first:

http://i.imgur.com/IuaJY.jpg

Notice that under Other Requirements it says it uses GFWL but on the right you clearly see Steam Achievements. If you click on view achievements, you'll get an error page and when you try viewing the store page for Arkham City again you see this:

http://i.imgur.com/N7FgX.jpg

The Steam achievements disappearing after viewing them is certainly weird. They're still up though, you just need to use the AppID instead of the game's name in your browser: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/57400/achievements

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I do like that it shows that there are achievements that have been met already. Unlock doesn't happen for another week right? Or am I missing something?
Devs playing it. This happens often.

morningbus

Turfster said:
Maybe that rickyl guy on the hard forums still has those $10 videocard steam keys for it...

Meh, I have too many games to play as it is to worry that much about it. I hopefully have Batman next week.

morningbus

Nabs said:
You're trying to jinx it.

A part of me really just wants to watch the world burn.

Madrugador said:
Daily Deal - Alpha Protocol $6.80 (66% off)

Look, I'll stave off a few questions upfront:

Will this game go cheaper during the Winter Sale? Yes. It'll probably be $5 and have a daily sale of $2.50.

Is the game worth $6.80? Yes, yes it fucking is.

So buy it if you'll play it before the winter sale.

Also, watch out for the incoming posts trashing the game. They will give you a clear indication on who has wrong opinions.

plc268

Alpha Protocol is worth it guys. I rented it when it first released and I immediately sent it back in when I first played it. The first few missions are a little bland, but it gets much better after that. Gameplay is slightly janky at times, and the best advice I can give is to put all your points into pistols and stealth.

But yea, don't give up. It's truly a great game with some rough edges. It has quite a few branching storylines throughout the story, and is a steal even at $6.80.

amdnv

morningbus said:
Also, watch out for the incoming posts trashing the game. They will give you a clear indication on who has wrong opinions.
I don't think there will be many of them. Going by the Alpha Protocol OT, I'd say that most of GAF has excellent taste and rightfully loves this gem of a game.

Alpha Protocol is a very good game, even though I halted my playthrough after finishing the first set of missions in Saudi Arabia. It works much better with a gamepad than with KB/M. Easy to recommend but only if you're willing to play it NOW, since it's bound to (probably) be cheaper by the christmas sale.

Sober

It certainly has more jank than it should only because SEGA stopped them and didn't let them polish the game, but there is almost no real gamebreakers. But like always, save constantly just in case.

I replayed it and had a bit more jank than before and only hit one big gamestopper which meant I had to replay the level, that was about it. It's still one of the better RPGs though, since every choice you make since the start of the game can have an effect on things later on, which is probably one of the highlights of the genre we don't get alot of anymore.

Nabs

Syphon Filter said:
Anyone know where i can get the Quake 3 Eminem mod? Remember that mod?
Eminem and Dre skins, ha.

Flunkie said:
I got it for $2 lolol

I think I got it for 5. I am playing through it now and I think I'm getting the hang of things. Good stuff.

Just finished Costume Quest, and got my first 100% ever.

2mp0n0n.jpg

Thanks again to Chesskid1 for the game, really enjoyed it.

Ifrit

Baha said:
The Batman: Arkham City store page is confusing the hell out of me. What I see at first:

http://i.imgur.com/IuaJY.jpg

Notice that under Other Requirements it says it uses GFWL but on the right you clearly see Steam Achievements. If you click on view achievements, you'll get an error page and when you try viewing the store page for Arkham City again you see this:

http://i.imgur.com/N7FgX.jpg

Just noticed this, good to know I wasn't the only one puzzled by it

Hopefully it will have both achievements, that'd be cool

Lime

Played through Gemini Rue in one sitting last evening. Gawd, it was good. Not without faults, but certainly a well-paced and heartfelt game.

I now have 99 games on Steam! I need to find some way to specially celebrate my 100th game or I need to be careful about what my 100th game is. I'm poor this fall, so number 100 has gotta be special. Number 99 was The Binding of Isaac, so it needs to live up to its direct predecessor.

Nelo Ice

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
I now have 99 games on Steam! I need to find some way to specially celebrate my 100th game or I need to be careful about what my 100th game is. I'm poor this fall, so number 100 has gotta be special. Number 99 was The Binding of Isaac, so it needs to live up to its direct predecessor.

Make Skyrim #100!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
keeblerdrow said:

Alpha Protocol is amazing and cheap. Do eeet.

MNC

keeblerdrow said:
What's your SteamID so I can gift you Magnetis.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
MRORANGE said:
man skyrim, just keeps me sucking me in and in again, no wonder they have 200,000 playing at one time or another.

It does seem pretty popular.

Xr9vf.png

This is in under 100 hours real time, not bad.

Runner up is TF2 at 115 hours played in the past two weeks.

zoku88

Madrugador said:
Jesus, this is crazy. Am I the only one who hasn't buyed Skyrim yet? Wouldn't surprise me at this point.

I haven't even played Oblivion, I'm so late to the party :lol
I haven't played Oblivion either and hated Morrowind.

Bought Skyrim anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom