• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Oh what? I thought the THQ sale was continuing on Monday but it's over. Was waiting to see if they would have a day with a deeper Darksiders discount but now they're both back to regular price. I'm a little bummed out since I was going to buy them both.

Why didn't you just grab it off Amazon for 18 this weekend?

Fantomex

Started an Embermage on Torchlight 2, this game is just too good. Anyone get that Batman double pack from Amazon for 7.50. Pretty good deal.

allansm

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. That game, that game man. What a great story and one of my favorite games this year.

I finished the game this weekend and, while I liked the story, I found the gameplay to be only average. The cover system has many problems, like using the same button to run and enter cover and the need to leave cover to turn a corner, which sometimes make certain encounters more difficult than they should be. Complaints aside, it's a good story for a military themed shooter, I certainly want to see more games with stories of this quality in the future.

MRORANGE

How do you add PS3 games to Steam? I've seen a few people do this now with Gran Turismo 5 and Dragon's Dogma.

are you sure you don't mean PS2 games?:

I'm very much enjoying being able to setup the shortcuts easily with Steam by adding the game to the command line.

IE:
Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\pcsx2-r4600.exe" "C:\Users\USER\Documents\PCSX2\Games\GameImage.iso"
or
Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\pcsx2-r5350.exe" "C:\Users\USER\Documents\PCSX2\Games\GameImage.iso"
something like that, depending your folder setup.

I also made copies of the emulator's EXE so I could have custom icons for each. (I used the program Resource Hacker to edit the icon files.)

L87_FF12.jpg

L87_KH2FM.jpg

Both running at 60FPS avg. on i7 920, and GTX 470 card, btw.

So each game loads their own individual DLLs (thus not needing to constantly changing settings when loading different games), do the following:

A relatively easy way to make individual config settings for each game is to make multiple copies of the main emulator folder (likely in the Program Files folder), and add a blank file called "portable.ini" in its main directory.

This will place it into portable mode, which will then create an ini folder within that same directory (rather than in your My Documents) when you start the emulator, which will be what the EXE file in that folder will be linked to. So in practice one could do that for every game, then just load the proper EXE using a frontend (like Steam) with the game attached to the command line (if using ISOs).

Naturally at that point you could still point your memcard and save state directories in Portable version back to your main one in your Documents, and then just copy the portable version from then on, and make the necessary adjustments (which won't be as much work as the first time). That way all the games save onto the same memcard.

If anybody has a spare copy of Kings Bounty from the Be Mine 5 bundle I've got a copy of Bejewelled to trade for it.

I have played KB before. I just forgot it was in my DVD drive when I threw out all the parts from my dead PC in February. Yes laugh at me for being a dumbass.

Why is XCOM suddenly unseen in the current top 100 sellers?

#1 in Steam for me.

If anybody has a spare copy of Kings Bounty from the Be Mine 5 bundle I've got a copy of Bejewelled to trade for it.

I have played KB before. I just forgot it was in my DVD drive when I threw out all the parts from my dead PC in February. Yes laugh at me for being a dumbass.

Check your PMs!

Phinor

I don't know exactly how they separate different regions in the top100 list but it's been missing from the top100 completely for more than few days at least in Finland and from what I gather, elsewhere in Europe too. It's also missing from the coming soon list. Go figure.

Sanjay

Do you beat the novels you read as well?

He's on to us guys.

LOL, oh man you are killing it today.

One day he's going to be sitting there in front of his computer with a sad expression on his face, and someone's going to ask what's wrong and he'll be like

I beat every game on Steam. :(

If you guys only knew but seeing Stall's beat kill list for all forms of entertainment, its quite a sight.

For ultimate satisfaction, you can hang a Winner sign above your computer.

Sadly, I'll always be a loser because there are certain games I will absolutely refuse to play. And it's cheating to not count them.

I do blame gaf solely for this. Because even if you discount indie bundles, there are certain games in my library I can only shake my head at. Games that should have never, ever, in a million years, been placed in my shopping cart. And my library is tiny compared to many in here.

Your purchases don't define you as a person. Materialism, man. Break free from it! Brands aren't personalities. Yeah. Sweeeet.

Some keys hidden in this post

Hamilton's Great Adventure

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus

King's Bounty: The Legend

Please post if you take any.

If someone hacked my steam account, it would be the worst day of my life. I don't know how much money I have spent.

I've never understood the point of hacking a steam account. You can't get the user's CC #, all you can do is install his games on your computer. I guess if you have a lot of TF2 items and games in your inventory that would be the only vulnerable part.

All you have to do is call up Valve and tell them someone got your account, absolutely zero loss.

So why on Earth would you be worried about someone 'hacking' it? There is no loss involved.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I will never understand the mindset of people who can't even say thank you acknowledge that they took it.

vazel

Banned
I've never understood the point of hacking a steam account. You can't get the user's CC #, all you can do is install his games on your computer. I guess if you have a lot of TF2 items and games in your inventory that would be the only vulnerable part.

All you have to do is call up Valve and tell them someone got your account, absolutely zero loss.

So why on Earth would you be worried about someone 'hacking' it? There is no loss involved.
You can't even change someone's password without access to their email account. The only benefit would be as you say, to loot their Steam inventory.

Croc

Banned
I can't seem to find my King's Bounty key on the BeMine bundle page.

I saw some people mention that in the support tab at the bottom of the bm5 page. It looked like it was easily solved so I'd just stop in there and let them know what happened.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

If the user has his CC info saved in his account, a hacker that gets access to it could buy games as gifts and send them to his own account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom