• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
God i hope this works with .ca *leaves to check*

Amazon download purchases work internationally, you just need to use a US billing address. I use the address of Google's HQ myself, and I'm in Australia.

Card Boy

Banned
Amazon download purchases work internationally, you just need to use a US billing address. I use the address of Google's HQ myself, and I'm in Australia.

Having said that some 2K Games like Mafia 2 need are region locked and need a VPN to activate.

Wait, how does that work?

Just put 90210, CA, United States in the address line. The games are only purchasable for those with a US address.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, how does that work?

Just as I described! Amazon doesn't cross-reference the nominated billing address, so as long as it's based in the US, you're good to go. There's a link during checkout which you can use to change it.

Having said that some 2K Games like Mafia 2 need are region locked and need a VPN to activate.

Ah, the more you know. How strange.

demented

I see it says no coupon trading in topic but can I offer them to people for free(so not trading just giving them away) since I have a few and don't need them and they expire soon?

gabbo

Just as I described! Amazon doesn't cross-reference the nominated billing address, so as long as it's based in the US, you're good to go. There's a link during checkout which you can use to change it.

Ah, the more you know. How strange.

For 3.75, Im tempted to throw a US address in there for this purchase, even if the rest of my account is Canadian.

Reposting from the Amazon DD deals thread: While it's not explicitly stated, you can redeem your Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance serial key (on sale for $3.75) on Steam and get the original Supreme Commander for free.

I heard it also works for any SupCom key you have (either from retail or from other DD stores).

Nice. Worked just now with my FA key from a retail Gold Edition.

kafiend

Regarding using a US address for the Amazon sales thing...

Just put 90210, CA, United States in the address line. The games are only purchasable for those with a US address.

Instead use a State like Delaware that has no sales tax :)

ASilva

Neo Member
Since the coupons are almost expired and i'm not really going to use them if anyone wants one just ask via PM. I do not want to trade them for anything or anything in return.

1x Sega -33%
2x Max Payne 2 -50%
1x Space Pirates and Zombies -50%
1x THQ -25%
1x Paradox -25%
1x Nordic Games -50%
1x Saints Row: The Third -33%
1x GSCGames -25%
2x Valve -25%

Ledsen

Bought Cities XL 2012 and my girlfriend, who's a city building/trading sim freak, loves it so far. The graphics are awesome and there is a huge variety in building types. You've also got quite a lot of freedom in planning your city, laying out roads and bridges etc. It's not limited to a strict grid or anything like that.

SmokyDave

Since the coupons are almost expired and i'm not really going to use them if anyone wants one just ask via PM. I do not want to trade them for anything or anything in return.

1x Trainz Simulator 12 -50%
I shit you not, I'd really appreciate this one.

Steam=SmokiestDave

Ledsen

I keep looking at Cities XL but I keep wondering if I'd like it. I think I need to be sold more on it.

It's basically a sandbox city simulator. There are no missions to complete (tons of in-game achievements though for some reason), you just build your city until it gets huge or until you lose all your money due to mismanagement. Like I wrote, the graphics are very pretty and there is great variety in both environments and structures. Buy it if you like building a city and watching it grow into a beautiful metropolis, not if you're looking for a challenge or a strategy game. Needs a fast processor though since it doesn't take advantage of multiple cores.

gabbo

1x Hard Reset -50%

If this one is still available, I'd greatly appreciate the coupon.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Giving away;

(Quote for codes)
The Ball M75ZV-7XHGA-WFMK3
Xotic I8D5B-3IIQP-0X9I0

Coupons:
50% Konami
50% Valve
33% Valve
33% Valve
33% Valve
25% Valve
25% THQ
25% GSC Games

60% Victoria II
50% GTA VC
50% Monday Night Combat
50% The Ball
50% Aaaaaaaaaa
50% Dogfighter
50% Dungeons of Dredmor
50% Worms Ultimate Mayhem
25% Dead Island

If you want any of these coupons, PM me on GAF (do not quote) with your Steam UN and the coupon(s) you want. I will not reply to your PM; if you're the first person to ask for a coupon, I will add you on Steam and trade you the coupon.

Tess3ract

Banned
I have these coupons, reply to me with your steam name and which one you want.

50% off GTA:SA
50% off Zombie Driver
33% off Valve Complete pack
50% off Hard reset

Coo-pongs. I'll just need a PM with e-mail or SteamID and it'll be on your way!

Valve: 25%, 2x 33%, 2x 50% off
Puzzle Chronicles: 50% off
Duke Nukem Forever: 50% off (lol)

I didnt realize there was such a big pricing difference for the weekend deal on Deus Ex.

If anybody needs help buying from the US store send me a pm or a friend invite over Steam. Steam name is Renix and my profile pic is the same as my avatar here.

Dizzy-4U

Giving away the coupons:

- 25% Activision
- 33% Valve
- 50% Shadowgrounds
- 50% Demolition Inc.
- 50% Airline Tycoon 2
- 50% Star Ruler

Oh, and I have 2 Super Monday Night Combat games to give away too. edit: gone

PM me what you want.

denomes

I'm in on this! Might not be able to paypal until I get home from work in about 5 hours though.

That's cool.

1 spot left for a Serious Sam 3 4 pack ($10.20 each):

1. bigjimmystyle
2. denomes
3. Xint

PM your Steam IDs, we'll figure it out.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Okay, the intresting ones:

-50% Rockstar
-50% LA Noire
-50% Oblivion GOTY
-75% Alien vs Predator (the new one)
-50% Sonic Generations
-50% Mafia 2

They're free. Come get them.

MRORANGE

the yellow blob looks really depressed about this.

UKXHJ.png

most of my vouchers are useless, check my profile if you want anything.

That's cool.

1 spot left for a Serious Sam 3 4 pack ($10.20 each):

1. bigjimmystyle
2. denomes
3. Xint

PM your Steam IDs, we'll figure it out.

Hey I have a 25% off Serious Sam 3 coupon that I can give you later today that will bring the total price down $10 if you want if to use in the four pack, just send me a pm.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Best coupons I got!

F1 2012 -50%
GTA IV complete -50%
Orcs Must Die! -50%
Napoleon Total War -75%
Rockstar games -50%
Forzen Synapse -50%
HECTOR BADGE OF CARNAGE -50%
Nimbus -50%
Serious Sam HD First Encounter -50%

get em while they're free!

inky

Damn, totally forgot about coupons. Offering them here will make me look like an a-hole because I realize some of these might have been on sale these past weeks, but if you find a use for any of these send me a PM

Activision - 25%, 2x10%
Ubisoft - 25%
FM 2012 - 33%
Driver San Francisco - 33%
G̶o̶t̶h̶i̶c̶ ̶4̶ ̶-̶ ̶5̶0̶%̶
Beat Hazard complete - 50%

I forgot that they were about to expire, I have:
-25% Valve x2
-50% Valve x2
-33% Ubisoft
-33% THQ
-25% THQ
-25% Deepsilver
-33% 1C

-25% Deus Ex Human Revolution
-50% GTA IV Complete
-50% Worms Ultimate Mayhem
-50% PayDay: The Heist
-50% Gratuitous Space Battles
-50% Hydrophobia: Prophecy
-50% Poker Night at the Inventory
-50% Lightfish
-50% Xotic
-50% World of Goo

If anyone wants them, they're "free", I'm not looking for anything atm.
I also have 3 Super Monday Night Combat pass to give away too. And a copy of Half Life 2 and a copy of The Orange Box, is anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom