• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Serious Sam is a twin stick shooter from the first person perspective. Handling the masses of enemies with crazy weapons is where those games shine.

Helmholtz

I didn't care for the shooting and story in ME, which keeps it from being truly great in my opinion. Good visuals and unique platforming, though.

Aselith

Played 3079 for a bit and it seems pretty cool. Lots of random loot and seems like the main thing to do in the game is raid multilevel bases. You can get grappling hooks to move around the levels (it's a straight shot and then zip line toward whatever you grabbed regardless of angle) and you also have a gravity pack which you can use to fly you actually start out with the jetpack.

I think once he starts adding more content assuming he's going to do a Minecraft thing and just update it into perpetuity, it should be fucking rad.

There's also base building and resource gathering just like minecraft although it seems a little lighter which is probably good as this seems more to favor being an FPS.

I'd definitely pick up that alpha pack for it. I'm not clear on whether that means you own it or not though. On the redemption site, it seems like it's a full copy though. Regardless, you don't have to redeem it on the site to play it. You can just download it direct from the bundle site and you're gtg.

jediyoshi

I didn't care for the shooting and story in ME, which keeps it from being truly great in my opinion. Good visuals and unique platforming, though.
Not sure how you're approaching the game if you're looking for more from the shooting than what they'd offered.

The_End

Anybody else having trouble doing a trade right now? I'm trying to give some guy an extra Square/Enix coupon that I have, but every time we try to do the trade, neither of us can see any of the items in our inventories. Therefore, it's impossible to pick something out to trade.

Deadbeat

Banned
Anybody else having trouble doing a trade right now? I'm trying to give some guy an extra Square/Enix coupon that I have, but every time we try to do the trade, neither of us can see any of the items in our inventories. Therefore, it's impossible to pick something out to trade.
Welcome to steam trading. Take a seat and enjoy the show.

cicero

Did we cover 'buy Mirror's Edge' yet? Yes? Well, another reminder can't hurt.
The Mirror's Edge DLC is unfortunately not compatible with the Steam version, so if you're interested in playing that (which you should be), getting it on Amazon might be a better idea.
Ongoing Amazon.com sale here, Mirror's Edge here.

Side note, does anyone else feel like some fairly well known games have been showing up on the daily deal lately, like Mirror's Edge? I felt like back in the good old days, the daily deal was only for stuff like Big Joe's Horse Farm Simulator.
I actually prefer seeing the bigger titles show up, that or the higher quality unknown gems. My favorite daily deal would have be Depths of Peril at $3.75 (75% off) back at the end of last October.

Legend of Grimrock was added to the registry.
Fantastic news!

anyone want my company of heroes complete pack for mirror's edge? (mirror edge's priced at 4.99 right now.)
pm me if interested.

edit:
gone.

Sarcasm

Played 3079 for a bit and it seems pretty cool. Lots of random loot and seems like the main thing to do in the game is raid multilevel bases. You can get grappling hooks to move around the levels (it's a straight shot and then zip line toward whatever you grabbed regardless of angle) and you also have a gravity pack which you can use to fly you actually start out with the jetpack.

I think once he starts adding more content assuming he's going to do a Minecraft thing and just update it into perpetuity, it should be fucking rad.

There's also base building and resource gathering just like minecraft although it seems a little lighter which is probably good as this seems more to favor being an FPS.

I'd definitely pick up that alpha pack for it. I'm not clear on whether that means you own it or not though. On the redemption site, it seems like it's a full copy though. Regardless, you don't have to redeem it on the site to play it. You can just download it direct from the bundle site and you're gtg.

SO what game is this?

Helmholtz

Not sure how you're approaching the game if you're looking for more from the shooting than what they'd offered.
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear enough. I didn't like the fact that there was any shooting at all in the game. Had they left shooting out, I think I would have liked it a lot more.

lfvgt

Neo Member
Is Trading broken right now for anyone else? The interface isn't loading correctly for me and I can't trade anything.

Edit: It's working now.

The_End

Trading was down for several hours this evening. Then it came up briefly for about 7 or 8 minutes (long enough for me to pull off the trade that I needed to do) then it apparently went down again just after 10:00PM.

The_End

About the Deus Ex: HR DLC. I’m definitely gonna buy the missing link because everybody says that it’s worth it. What about the other two DLC Packs (Tactical Enhancement Pack & Explosive Mission Pack)? Are they worth picking up? Sure they’re cheap and all, but besides the selling point of their low cost, are they worth having?

Another thing, if I do pick this DLC, even if it’s only the missing link DLC, do you recommend activating it on my account for the first play-through of the game? Or should I keep these things in my inventory until I decide to do a second play-through?

gabbo

About the Deus Ex: HR DLC. I’m definitely gonna buy the missing link because everybody says that it’s worth it. What about the other two DLC Packs (Tactical Enhancement Pack & Explosive Mission Pack)? Are they worth picking up? Sure they’re cheap and all, but besides the selling point of their low cost, are they worth having?

Another thing, if I do pick this DLC, even if it’s only the missing link DLC, do you recommend activating it on my account for the first play-through of the game? Or should I keep these things in my inventory until I decide to do a second play-through?

I've heard the other two DLC aren't really worth owning. Though if you really, really want a bonus mission
featuring Tong from Deus Ex
grab the Explosive Missions pack.

Caerith

The free items DLC is fine to activate on your first playthrough. It just saves you a little money in-game really.

The Missing Link is less a DLC and more a sidestory/expansion, it launches separately from the main game so no harm in having it installed.

Catshade

Reposting from the Amazon DD deals thread: While it's not explicitly stated, you can redeem your Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance serial key (on sale for $3.75) on Steam and get the original Supreme Commander for free.

I heard it also works for any SupCom key you have (either from retail or from other DD stores).

Card Boy

Banned
Reposting from the Amazon DD deals thread: While it's not explicitly stated, you can redeem your Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance serial key (on sale for $3.75) on Steam and get the original Supreme Commander for free.

I heard it also works for any SupCom key you have (either from retail or from other DD stores).

Can anyone else confirm this? That sounds mighty tempting.

gabbo

God i hope this works with .ca *leaves to check*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom