• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm struggling to even run AOE Online here, it downloaded but it didn't appear in my Steam list, Steam download list nor the Steam community.

Every time i click 'Play Now' on the store page it tries to download again, and again its not in my Libary. I can see the downloaded files in Steamapp/common, but its still not working.

Sanic

The comment from Gettysburg's developer on the steam forum about how "the game is only $10 and you get what you pay for" sorta rubbed me the wrong way in the sense that there is a ridiculous amount of great indie games for $10 or less on Steam and elsewhere and, quite simply, the bar has been raised, assuming the game is truly as buggy/unfinished as people are making it out to be. Felt like an odd thing to say.

With that said, I think the concept is interesting, and current and future steam integration is a great selling point so i'm giving serious consideration to buying it.

SirKhalid

I'm struggling to even run AOE Online here, it downloaded but it didn't appear in my Steam list, Steam download list nor the Steam community.

Every time i click 'Play Now' on the store page it tries to download again, and again its not in my Libary. I can see the downloaded files in Steamapp/common, but its still not working.

Me too, it doesn't appear on my list, but I see a download bar on the bottom but it doesn't appear on my download list. The download bar only update when I quit steam and open it again...

DTKT

The comment from Gettysburg's developer on the steam forum about how "the game is only $10 and you get what you pay for" sorta rubbed me the wrong way in the sense that there is a ridiculous amount of great indie games for $10 or less on Steam and elsewhere and, quite simply, the bar has been raised, assuming the game is truly as buggy/unfinished as people are making it out to be. Felt like an odd thing to say.

With that said, I think the concept is interesting, and current and future steam integration is a great selling point so i'm giving serious consideration to buying it.

I just gave him 10$ because he's one dude making a crazy game.

Joe Molotov

Wasn't AOE:Online originally $100 for the "Season Pass" that included all the DLC? :lol I may grab the pack for $16 this weekend and give it a whirl.

I know most of you hate the game or dont know much about it but people are excited about the changes (went live 2 hours ago) and its cheap as balls on Steam right now:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13943

Age of Empires Online. Yes I'm an ardent fanboy of the game.

edit: i see ppl posted this. sorry. its not even official on steam yet. kinda weird whats going on.

ezodagrom

Me too, it doesn't appear on my list, but I see a download bar on the bottom but it doesn't appear on my download list. The download bar only update when I quit steam and open it again...
That's weird, the download bar is working properly for me and the game appeared on my library.

Sanic

I just gave him 10$ because he's one dude making a crazy game.

Oh yeah, i'm fairly impressed with what he's done by himself with a years time.

Reading further, it looks like the date for the launch of the game was picked by Paradox way ahead of time and he had to have the game done by then, and ultimately there wasn't enough time given.

His posts feel very remorseful, and it's unfortunate he's in the situation he's in. It's great that he's communicating with the community, though, and hopefully he gets everything sorted out.

Wasn't AOE:Online originally $100 for the "Season Pass" that included all the DLC? :lol I may grab the pack for $16 this weekend and give it a whirl.

any and all future dlc for 6 months. they extended it to the end of 2013 since they failed season pass holders so hard. it is no longer offered. Celts released today for $5 which all of us actives find very hard to believe. 2 months ago all civs with $20 apiece. boosters were $10. Now they are $5. MS/GPG making very strong moves the actives are pleased. Hoping the servers fiill up again.

hym

Banned
Anyone got any ideas on my problem with The Binding of Isaac not launching? :(

First verify integrity of game cache (right click > properties > local files), if it still doesn't work it must be Flash related, try a reinstall.

dc89

Computer specs: i5 2500k 4ghz/gtx 560ti/4gb ram

And I've tried reinstalling, verifying the game cache, launching from folder, deleting clientregistry.blob, updated flash.

Have no idea what is causing this.

Bisonian

Can anyone who's still playing AoE Online go into a little more detail about the life of the game? I tried it out in Beta so I know the general way that the game works. I was more curious as to if you feel there's still incentive to keep playing after quite a bit of time, and if there are things that you have yet to accomplish in the game.

I understand that the comparison to an MMO isn't entirely accurate, but I guess the best way I can ask this is -- what is the end game content like?

Can anyone who's still playing AoE Online go into a little more detail about the life of the game? I tried it out in Beta so I know the general way that the game works. I was more curious as to if you feel there's still incentive to keep playing after quite a bit of time, and if there are things that you have yet to accomplish in the game.

I understand that the comparison to an MMO isn't entirely accurate, but I guess the best way I can ask this is -- what is the end game content like?

I'll do my best.

For end game its a loot fest collect-a-thon and pvp and every once in a while they add a booster (essential scenario dlc).

A meta game can be the trade channel which is an active real time trade channel. rules are set by players only. it has strengths and drawbacks that way.

Some players done with loot play for best times on the elite quests. Up to you.

Personally the way to 40 was a boring one for me I think end game is where it is at. Legendary quests are hardcore even with the most talented players the game has. The game has some real brainiacs on the pvp and pve side for sure.

If anyone plays I'd suggest choosing the Marathon server. Its the highest pop server the other ones get quiet. Sometimes they arent kind to nubs but the chat/trade traffic makes it a lot more fun imho.

glhf

Tess3ract

Banned
As I have learned recently, you may need to switch back to steams default skin to make purchases from Paypal or any other service that launches a window. But once the skin is installed that is as simple as going to Steam options, changing the skin to default, and restarting Steam.

You know what skin doesn't have that problem? Compact Steam.

Aselith

Has anyone ever seen any quotes where D3 commented on their feelings for EDF: Insect Armageddon's Steam sales? I'm curious how that experience turned out for them.

HoosTrax

Has anyone ever seen any quotes where D3 commented on their feelings for EDF: Insect Armageddon's Steam sales? I'm curious how that experience turned out for them.
I'm wondering the same about Trine 2 actually, re:Steam sales (or lack thereof in this case). The devs seemed philosophically opposed to the trend of offering steep discounts soon after launch like a lot of games did back then (Bastion, OMD!, DD). The only reason I'm able to remember the game came out at all was because I have it on my wishlist. I have to wonder if it was worth it for them to try that tactic.

Tess3ract

Banned
So I completely beat Defender's Quest.

10+ hours minimum for a $7 game is pretty good, and he's adding much more content later on when he releases the Gold version in a month or two.

HoosTrax

I knew there would be a day when Dota 2 would top the Steam chart for most concurrent players. I always assumed it'd be after it actually went gold though :S

Derrick01

Banned
Bleh me and a friend decided to finally play MW3 online and we both catch viruses on our first game. That's what I get for playing multiplayer! lol

Ledsen

If you want an interface filled with useless padding, you should get a mac.

You call it "useless padding", everyone else calls it "graphic design". There's such a concept as white space you know. I agree with the other guy that Steam Compact is really ugly.

Relax.MX

Already gift one of my Dota 2 copy...Someone want the other? the gaffer with the game in her wishlist more time(with proof) will get the game

EDIT: Its gone now XO both with gaffers :)

Zizbuka

Banned
So I have been itching for something new to play and I really like Risen. So which of the older gothic games is worth playing?

Or any other similar games?

Asking here since they are all on steam :p

Ignore the Gothic snobs and pick up Arcania. I recently finished it, and the expansion. The expansion seemed very short and probably not worth it.

Of course there's always the Witcher games, and Two Worlds II is really good.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It looks interesting but between the jpeg filter and alternative camera style I don't know if I'd end up vomiting or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom