• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Shoot Many Robots up for pre-order ($10 / $30 for the 4-pack) http://store.steampowered.com/app/96400/

shootManyRobots_resized.png

TF2 stuffs as well.

They may want to add better screenshots to the store page. Err.. does the game look better than that?

They may want to add better screenshots to the store page. Err.. does the game look better than that?

No it doesn't. I watched the quick look and it is an amazingly ugly game.

But surely for the love of god they implemented mouse aiming, because putting aiming and movement both on the left stick is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Chronoja

Anyone know anything about this Confrontation game? I'd never heard of it until it showed up for preorder. Looks somewhat interesting.

Also that symbol for it looks uncannily like the neogaf logo.

cicero

Why there's no original NWN at Steam yet? I have no desire creating an account at GoG for a single game.

Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Icewind Dale 1 & 2 have all popped up on the Steam registry recently, no Neverwinter Nights Diamond though, AFAIK. Still though, one has to wonder at your choice to ignore all of the other fantastic classic DRM free titles available on GOG. That, and your failure to pick up Neverwinter Nights during the recent TWO Gamersgate sales where they had the Neverwinter Nights The Complete Collection, which consists of Neverwinter Nights + 3 expansion packs and Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 expansions packs for $7.50.

But then again, that would mean signing up on a different service for just one purchase... Your loss, I guess.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Defender's Quest... I will contemplate this. This what indie is all about, so I want to support, but it's not the only one. I have games I'm contemplating on Desura.

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone know anything about this Confrontation game? I'd never heard of it until it showed up for preorder. Looks somewhat interesting.

Also that symbol for it looks uncannily like the neogaf logo.

It has 5 machine limit DRM, and is by those Game of Thrones devs.

Not impressed so far, and a bad impression when trying to sell a new IP.

camerooni

Neo Member
It has 5 machine limit DRM, and is by those Game of Thrones devs.

Not impressed so far, and a bad impression when trying to sell a new IP.

http://actcontrol.net/
Welcome to Act/Control

Act/Control is software activation service which offers protection for software against code analysis, reversing and cracking. Along with code protection Act/Control enables software licensing services.

Act/Control service is ran by ActControl Technologies Inc. which has been founded in California, USA in 2008.

In 2009 ActControl licensed protection engine from well known StarForce Technologies company and started to improve it independently.

In 2010 ActControl presented its own software protection and licensing solution based of StarForce’s technologies, but deeply rebuilt and modified.

ActControl is concentrated on PC games and multimedia software protection.

STARFORCE WIN!

Minsc

Gold Member
No, Defender's Quest. Imagine a TD game with rpg leveling and FF1 graphics. So fucking good.

Maybe soon I hear.

Yes, the game is awesome, I like it better than Defense Grid because of the RPG aspect. I've 3-star'd almost every level, just a few remain. Good news is they are releasing the free Gold Edition update soon, which adds new game+ (for extra high-level challenge) and sounds incredible.

Anyone have any good recommendations for a tower defense game? I've played all the popular ones on steam.
Was thinking about this yesterday, except my experience with the TD sub genre is limited. So is there anything that comes close to Sanctum in quality?

Although i most admit an important part of Sanctum enjoyment comes from its PSO inspired music and PN3 visuals.

confused

Banned
So, I picked up Sonic 4 and made it up to the 4th zone Act 2 so far and I'm going to have to say that so far it's a bloody good time. Sonic makes plenty of speed, level designs aren't as atrocious as they're made out to be, and the physics aren't as wonky as one would expect listening to GAF(Only problem I've had is jumping as you land and doing a homing attack instead of a normal jump.)

Only technical difficulty I had was having to run the exe as administrator. Haven't had any glitches or crashes besides that one. I'm going to be that guy and say that Sonic 4 is at least as good as the first two Sonic games on Genesis, if not better. Hell, I'd even say so far it's been better than Sonic Generations.(3D levels/world HUB sucked ass and you guys know it.)

So I'm going to give this game a thumbs up !!

dc89

I just picked up The Binding of Isaac from Steam and when I try to launch it, it won't get past "Preparing to launch" Anyone got any ideas?

Tried almost everything, restarting Steam/Verifying game cache/Reinstalling the game/Deleting ClientRegistry.blob. It even wont load if I try to launch it from the folder itself.

Hinomura

Yes, the game is awesome, I like it better than Defense Grid because of the RPG aspect. I've 3-star'd almost every level, just a few remain. Good news is they are releasing the free Gold Edition update soon, which adds new game+ (for extra high-level challenge) and sounds incredible.

Bought! :)

I've just played a bit, but the premise TD+RPG caught immediately my attention, thanks for the suggestion!

Dont know if someone has mentioned in this thread but Age of Empires Online is going to release on Steam. Interesting because 1) its a good game with a bug/play/release patch being deployed now and 2) its nice MS is going to work with valve on this kind of stuff. Hopefully it leads to inroads between the two companies.

Dont know if someone has mentioned in this thread but Age of Empires Online is going to release on Steam. Interesting because 1) its a good game with a bug/play/release patch being deployed now and 2) its nice MS is going to work with valve on this kind of stuff. Hopefully it leads to inroads between the two companies.

You're my favorite junior member.

Megasoum

Banned
Flight might be coming in the near future as well, so it seems Microsoft is playing ball at least.

Yeah, I just wish they would release FSX instead. You know...the last good Flight Sim game hehe... And even crazier?? With Steam Workshop!... Ok I know that this will never happen but man that would be so awesome.

Flight might be coming in the near future as well, so it seems Microsoft is playing ball at least.

eventually MS is going to be forced to slash prices on Flight like they did with AOEO. I'm waiting on any purchases until then. In the meantime its not bad for a freebie. Lots of probalems though...LOTS.

HoosTrax

Anyone played Luxor Evolved? Is it as awesome as this trailer suggest?

http://youtu.be/PpirEu6I6Wk
Hmm interesting. Looks very slightly Breakout-ish, but without the annoyance of bouncing the ball around endless at the end of a round trying to get it to hit that one last pesky brick. Only the most recent game (Evolved) has achievements and other Steam features though. Wonder if there's a point to buying the collection over just that one title. Got a bit of a Geometry Wars style aesthetic.

Random aside, but I hate vertical Breakout and shmup games like Shatter. Just feels un-natural to me compared to horizontal movement.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh my, what is this?

Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

The outcome of the Civil War is in peril. Weapons, armor and machinery have been sent back in time.
More:

The outcome of the Civil War is in peril. Weapons, armor and machinery have been sent back in time. The Confederate forces are now attempting to overthrow the Union and change the course of history. Take control of either side and engage in massive online battles with unique Real Time Strategy / Third Person Shooter gameplay mechanics.

Customize your army by combining both futuristic and period soldiers, tanks, boats, zeppelins and more. Control your army from above using traditional real time strategy controls. Then take control of any unit in the third person perspective for direct combat. Large scale multiplayer battles, customizable armies and multiple game modes await. Prepare for the Alternate American Civil War…

Key features:
■64 players per server
■4 maps (9 km x 9 km in size)
■Over 1,000 controllable units on the battlefield at once
■Play as Union or Confederate
■14 unit types (infantry, cavalry, tanks, ships, zeppelins and more)
■Persistent Point/XP system and Statistics Tracking
■Steam Achievements
■Army Builder with Steam Cloud support for saving your armies
■Multiple gameplay modes including Army, Skirmish and Deathmatch
■Integrated World Editor for creating your own battlefields
■Full toolset for creating and sharing modifications via Steam Workshop (will release Spring 2012)
It sounds so crazy. Is it free to play?

*edit* It's apparently going to be $10. I may have to get this. I actually had relatives who participated in live Civil War battle reenactments, lol.

Voidguts

oh my god, thank you for the link.. I had no idea a gold version was in the works. I bought DQ day one and absolutely LOVED it, I even got strangely attached to the esurance-esque cutscene art.. haha. super excited to see the new art and sprites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom