• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm, am I the only one who thinks they should have started the Gettysburg launch off with an immediate Free Weekend?
If it holds the #3 sales spot between two $60 games, I'd say it's doing okay. A free weekend later on, perhaps at the same time that the Steam workshop stuuff is integrated, could revive interest in it.

I did not catch whether it was pure multiplayer, but if it is, I assume it will suffer the fate of most indie multiplayer games (they die due to not being TF2).

If it holds the #3 sales spot between two $60 games, I'd say it's doing okay. A free weekend later on, perhaps at the same time that the Steam workshop stuuff is integrated, could revive interest in it.

I did not catch whether it was pure multiplayer, but if it is, I assume it will suffer the fate of most indie multiplayer games (they die due to not being TF2).

The goofy niche stuff usually does pretty well (mount & blade for example), so it could be fine. It's definitely pre mature to call anything now.

Gav47

This is going back a little bit but did anyone get their Cities in Motion key from filling out that Paradox Interactive survey?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I've decided it will be a license game:

2Em7Ol.jpg

ShaneB

I don't really care about a fancy skin or anything, but is there any way to just get a nice colour change? I guess it would be a skin, but Steam in a nice grey or something would be neat.

Blizzard

Banned
Zepplins only. Final Destination.
And, it's now #1 on Steam top sellers, even at $10.

I feel bad for the guy. He was posting on the Steam forum in reply to a guy that was complaining about bugs and lag and saying not to get the game. He seemed to be polite about it, and saying that if people can give him good feedback, he can keep making the game better...but he was like, you get what you pay for at $10, to an extent, and he openly admitted he was really sick of working on the game after doing it for a year. :p

All in all though, he seemed pretty polite and apparently planned to keep working on it, so I hope he doesn't burn out by reading the Steam forums.

Whoa, we're almost at 10,000 posts up in here.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
A game about time traveling rednecks trying to reestablish slavery in the US? That's definitely an original concept.

B-Dex

So I have been itching for something new to play and I really like Risen. So which of the older gothic games is worth playing?

Or any other similar games?

Asking here since they are all on steam :p

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So I have been itching for something new to play and I really like Risen. So which of the older gothic games is worth playing?

Gothic 1 and 2 are excellent. Combat may be a tad wierd at first but once you get into it, it's ok. Don't get Gothic 3 (only if you really like the universe), and for the love of everything don't get Gothic 4. Just don't do it.

Mimir

The first three Gothics are all worth playing, though the community patch for Gothic 3 is required. Don't bother with Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods or Arcania: Gothic 4. Gothic 3 is the most ambitious, but the initial release was extremely flawed. I like the atmosphere of the original the best, but Gothic II has some really great quest design, with multiple solutions to many of them.

ShaneB

I don't really care about a fancy skin or anything, but is there any way to just get a nice colour change? I guess it would be a skin, but Steam in a nice grey or something would be neat.

Anyone? :(

Also, It appears Age of Empires Online is now on Steam as someone mentioned earlier. Neato!

Card Boy

Banned
Age of Empires Online is now on Steam guys. Lets knock Blizzard off that pedestal

kidding

All the DLC is on sale at $16.99, down from $49.99

Anyone? :(

Also, It appears Age of Empires Online is now on Steam as someone mentioned earlier. Neato!

PixelVision.

Rt8TQ.jpg

Newest version (1.8.1) is from the 15th of March. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1914848

As I have learned recently, you may need to switch back to steams default skin to make purchases from Paypal or any other service that launches a window. But once the skin is installed that is as simple as going to Steam options, changing the skin to default, and restarting Steam.

Bruiserk

What does everyone think the recommended system requirements for Darksiders 2 will be? I'm tempted to pre-order the game at GMG for $40 but I'm not sure how well i will be able to run it. I have a GTX 260. The first game's requirements were not that high, right?

Uriah

What does everyone think the recommended system requirements for Darksiders 2 will be? I'm tempted to pre-order the game at GMG for $40 but I'm not sure how well i will be able to run it. I have a GTX 260. The first game's requirements were not that high, right?

What resolution are you planning on playing at?

ezodagrom

Thanks I didn't see that and I was about to buy each civilization for 5$.
Yeah, I didn't see it at first also, it's in the specials tab, it's randomly appearing and disappearing there, at first it even only had 2 or 3 civs and the defense booster pack, but now it has all 4 civs, the defense booster pack and the skirmish pack. Steam being buggy, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom