• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Having just gotten into Steam when the holiday sale started, I was blown away by their prices.

Now I can give my wallet a rest for a couple of months at least.

Volcynika

I've finished all of Bejeweled 3's quest mode thing, some of those minigames are completely terrible and not fun to play.

But if you want some good ole Bejeweled, you can get that.

svegis

Funny that Xelios would suggest Bejeweled 3 over yesterday's daily deal, Lucid.
Indeed, I saw the deal and I thought the same thing. Even looked for his post to make sure. A very nice discount on what I've heard to be a very solid game. And as others have said, I'm glad that Popcap is coming around on higher discounts as well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Bejeweled 3 for $5 is worth every cent and I urge anyone interested in puzzle games to pick it up. High quality game with tons of content and modes of play. In addition to zen/classic/timed there's a quest mode with a lot of variation in how you must overcome the levels. If you like to unlock stuff then between the in game badges, Steam achievements and extra modes you can unlock -- like poker and mining -- you'll get a lot of hours out of it. +HD graphics look really nice and there are leaderboards.

And it was pure coincidence I recommended it over Lucid right before it became midweek madness. ;)

Binabik15

Jagged Alliance-Back in Action?! I thought 3d JA was vaporware?

Can someone tell me how to get JA2/JA Gold running on Vista or W7? I love that game. I want it on a handheld.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bought Bejeweled 3. I actually haven't played the series much, but I love what I've played of PopCap's catalog and I love casual/puzzle games so it's an easy buy.

edit - also saw Xelios's rec on Steam, which sealed the deal. He's got good taste. :)

svegis

I echo all the interest in Dustforce, but I've been trying to find system requirements for the game. Without any luck, I figured I'd ask here, Does anyone know, or is it not known yet?

Pardon me if I've just missed it and it's a redundant post.

panda21

someone seems to be trying to reset my steam support account password, I've had two emails in the past hour about someone trying to reset the password, and it isn't me.

I'm not sure what to do since it isn't unauthorised access to my account, but it seems kind of suspicious.

Should I contact support or just ignore? my actual steam account appears to be just fine.

oh and I have their IP address.. they appear to be in the US.

Baha

someone seems to be trying to reset my steam support account password, I've had two emails in the past hour about someone trying to reset the password, and it isn't me.

I'm not sure what to do since it isn't unauthorised access to my account, but it seems kind of suspicious.

Should I contact support or just ignore? my actual steam account appears to be just fine.

Do you have steam guard enabled? They shouldn't be able to access your account if you do unless they have access to your email as well.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

oh and I have their IP address.. they appear to be in the US.

Maybe change your password and make sure Steamguard is active?

panda21

steamguard is active, and there is no way anyone has the password but I guess I will change it just to be safe.

I was worried someone might try to use my steam support account to somehow hijack my actual account but I dont know if such a thing is even possible.

1-D_FTW

It's a lot of fun, lasts ~4 hours and shows the devs have a ton of potential.

Also seems to have good 3D.

Think I'm going to order the HMZ-T1 this week and this looks like a game that could be pretty trippy with it.

Anyways, it's been added to my wishlist. My New Year's cockiness about finally conquering my wishlist seems hollow now. 2012 will see me adding many new games to it.

That looks really great, actually. It comes out next week!

Funny that Xelios would suggest Bejeweled 3 over yesterday's daily deal, Lucid.

Midweek Madness: Bejeweled 3 (75% off/$4.99)
Daily Deal: Aztaka (66% off/$3.40)

Bejeweled 3 bought!

Spwn

Guys, I just finished Global Ops: Commando Libya on the hardest difficulty setting. My friend, who gifted the game to me, challenged me to do it and now he owes me.

That game was totally Libya. I don't recall playing a game that has "fuck" said that many times.

Anyone else having problems connected to Steam? Friends list not showing, can't search in TF2.

Edit: Ok, seems they're doing maintenance. Carry on.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This is no fun. Steam problems right as I was in-game connecting to a server. Hope this ends soon.

It's scheduled downtime.

The notice on their boards says they expect the downtime to be "short" which in Valve Time means approximately 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom