• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Stardock is planning to add Steam achievements to all of their titles: Demigod, Sins, and GC 2.

Oh man, I love Sins and GC2 but I have the originals, I can't double-dip for steam achievements... c'mon Stardock throw me a bone here, gimme a $5 code for having the originals retails at full price! ;)

Dave from Giant Bomb posted this on Twitter:
"Sometimes I find myself scanning STEAM for games I wish existed."

This happens to me all the time.

jediyoshi

Always does not equal now. TF2 can last years and years but the prices won't always go up. It may scare some people but there will be a day when people aren't really playing CS1.6 or MW2 for some reason or another. It could even somehow become a Halo 2 way and it all just shuts down. Can't play MW2 when I move on to brain games with eye contact monitors. :p
If the point of reference is between now and the end of time, then yes, it's a resonable assumption people will stop playing. If it's against whenever Skyrim gets down to an easier price, I put my money on people still playing even CS1.6 by then.

catabarez

Is anyone else having trouble changing the resolutions on Stars Wars: Dark Forces II and Mysteries of the Sith? I can't seem to figure it out.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
For anyone on the fence for Lucid, I would recommend not buying it. After getting almost all the achievements (except the one it overwrote my save game/profile and screwed with no warning), I can truly say it's potentially the most middling "square/box puzzle" games I've ever played. There's no point but to draw lines on cubes of jelly to make them disappear. That's about it. I never felt the difficulty ramp up either through about 50 levels and the score seems to be meaningless.

Get Bejeweled 3 instead if you're looking for a good game like this. ;)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I heard good things about the beta...

*looks at beta in steam list wondering whether to install it*

I loved the original game and the only reason I stopped playing is because the PC community died off. There are three massive issues I have with Super MNC:

1) Everything is a bullet sponge. It takes many clips to actually kill off an enemy.
2) The games are much longer than the original. You could finish a MNC game in 10-20 minutes. Super MNC games are at least 20 minutes long and can be up to 30 minutes.
3) Snowballing. Just like Dota/LoL, one team can reach a "point of no return" where it is literally impossible to make a comeback. So you sit in base with your thumb up your ass because you can't do anything without instantly dying.

Monday Night Combat was a shooter with a hint of Dota. Super MNC is Dota with a hint of a shooter. If Uber had just remade the same game and added persistent leveling/stats/unlocks, I would have been happy.

Also, the fat luchador with the Pudge hook is a giant jerk. :mad:

I loved the original game and the only reason I stopped playing is because the PC community died off. There are three massive issues I have with Super MNC:

1) Everything is a bullet sponge. It takes many clips to actually kill off an enemy.
2) The games are much longer than the original. You could finish a MNC game in 10-20 minutes. Super MNC games are at least 20 minutes long and can be up to 30 minutes.
3) Snowballing. Just like Dota/LoL, one team can reach a "point of no return" where it is literally impossible to make a comeback. So you sit in base with your thumb up your ass because you can't do anything without instantly dying.

Monday Night Combat was a shooter with a hint of Dota. Super MNC is Dota with a hint of a shooter. If Uber had just remade the same game and added persistent leveling/stats/unlocks, I would have been happy.

Also, the fat luchador with the Pudge hook is a giant jerk. :mad:

So what could they do for you to like it? You were just expecting something not dota-lite? Is it a bad dota clone?

I'm really curious, I know next to nothing about it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I was basically expecting the first game except with grinding for unlocks. I already play Dota 2 and (sometimes) LoL, so having a third time consuming MOBA on my list isn't anything I want.

Things could have drastically changed from when I last played, though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I swear, if Sonic CD doesn't come out today I'm going to absorb someone's soul and have it battle my demons.

Mupod

Seriously. I really liked MNC the way it was but I can't understand what they were thinking with super MNC, at least based on what I played of the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom