• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Banned
Garfield will always be awesome, and if I could play as Odie, is day one for me

Orson's farm is not related to the reboot that the series got some time ago, but will love to see them again

binky the clown too

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
"With a special 75% off discount the first week to make up for our stupidity!"

The only EA game not on Steam that I actually want to play is The Saboteur, which I do have on Origin, but I'd happily pick up the rest if they were discounted on Steam.

Buahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

I didn't say it was a realistic one. :p

sibarraz

Banned
Senator Soufflé;77348007 said:
Rome Total War has got cards now. Good excuse to play it a bit before 2 comes along in a few weeks.

Mediaval 2, empire and Napoleon also has cards!

Fairy Bloom Freesia too, thank you bm8

Skyrim, Morrowind fans, have you seen this?

From RPS:
Skywind Squeezes Morrowind Into Skyrim

skymod.jpg

rybrad

The only EA game not on Steam that I actually want to play is The Saboteur, which I do have on Origin, but I'd happily pick up the rest if they were discounted on Steam.
And now you just reminded me I have the Saboteur and keep meaning to play it. This is the real problem with non-Steam games, I forget I have them because they are not top of mind like my Steam library which I always have open.

JaseC

I'm still hoping that Titanfall as a EA Partners game isn't bound to Origin.

I'm of two minds about that. On one hand, history suggests it's likely, but on the other, Titanfall is the first EAP game EA has thrown its weight behind, so it's practically uncharted territory.

And now you just reminded me I have the Saboteur and keep meaning to play it. This is the real problem with non-Steam games, I forget I have them because they are not top of mind like my Steam library which I always have open.

Haha, I'm the very same. I'm constantly forgetting to download, say, Icewind Dale from GOG... and I haven't even downloaded The Saboteur, either. "Out of sight, out of mind."

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*looks at pile of GOG acquisitions*

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Steam Achievement Manager

Duders here have been using it to unlock cards instead of launching and idling games.
Yeah, I'm one of the few guys who still idles his games the proper way: launching the game and alt+tabbing. Sooner or later that will be as strange as playing the games.

Wonder what will come next, once people become too lazy to even launch SAM. A program that automatically launches SAM for every game on the Steam library?

JaseC

So we now have Division.

We just need Bungie and Konami to stop jerking us around and announce Destiny and MGSV respectively.

Speaking of Konami, Cox has also teasing a PC port Mirror of Fate HD. Ideally, since it's obviously not releasing alongside the PS360 versions, it'd be a pre-purchase incentive for Lords of Shadow 2.

Eanan

Does anyone else find TF2 outpost to be awful for selling your gifts on? Everyone seems to lowball, but then a lot price their things too high when selling. Im finding it hard to find a good middle ground on there.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wonder what will come next, once people become too lazy to even launch SAM. A program that automatically launches SAM for every game on the Steam library?
*as they have card drops available to you

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I'm one of the few guys who still idles his games the proper way: launching the game and alt+tabbing. Sooner or later that will be as strange as playing the games.

I've given some thought to making a "card idling" program for Steam. Similar to SAM, but instead of allowing cheating, simply sends the commands to Steam saying you have the game open, and every 10 minutes checking the status of your card drops. If you're all done for that game it will open another. Bonus points if it can sort by games with the most valuable cards first. Would really save time in idling.

But I'm kinda busy with Enhanced Steam, so it's probably a project for someone else.

JaseC

SAM is a godsend because it circumvents the need to download the game data, which is hugely beneficial for those with restrictive download limits or slower connections... or both.

sibarraz

Banned
is sam worth of a ban?

My problem now is that with that software the prices of the cards will tank faster, in the other hand, should be cool since I want to craft total war badges

I'm of two minds about that. On one hand, history suggests it's likely, but on the other, Titanfall is the first EAP game EA has thrown its weight behind, so it's practically uncharted territory.

I'd like to think that ex-IW guys have the same pull as the fine peeps at Bungie and were able to make a deal with EA about that. Who honestly wants to go with Origin over Steam?

So we now have Division.

We just need Bungie and Konami to stop jerking us around and announce Destiny and MGSV respectively.

Probably won't happen before Revengeance but that's what I'm hoping as well.

Dawg

SAM is a godsend because it circumvents the need to download the game data, which is hugely beneficial for those with restrictive download limits or slower connections... or both.

this

I'm not too lazy to download a game, but I don't want to download 100GB a day for a few cards. My ISP would get mad.

Derrick01

Banned
Aww you can't craft the SRIV badge yet :(

Something weird is going on with that game. I couldn't find numbers for it on the steam list this morning and it didn't track my 2 hours of game time last night at all. It still looks like I've never played it on my profile. Plus they wouldn't let me upload screenshots since "it wasn't out yet" (what?). Even trying to make them friends only wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom