• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will happen to my Steam games guise?!

I heard Valve is being sold to Apple, and Gabe has decided to go full-time into the Cutlery business.

Looks like Aliens: Colonial Marines is either critic-proof, like Duke Nukem Forever, or enough people pre-ordered the game (why? no discount and a weapon skin) before it was released because it's the current top seller on Steam. With Fable 3 right behind it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't know, ask JaseC.

I still love you man, shame you'll never get a complete Steam collection

iC6hHhokWJCGd.gif

esai

Indie Gala
Non BTA
  • Subversion City Generator Prototype (DRM Free)
  • Voxel Destruction Prototype (DRM Free)
  • 7.62mm (DRM Free)
  • Talisman Prologue (Desura) (DRM Free)
  • Darwinia (Steam)

BTA
  • Multiwinia (Steam)
  • Defcon (Steam)
  • Uplink (Steam)
  • Hearts of Iron III (Steam)
  • Demigod (Steam)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Poor Gas Powered Games, relegated to the BTA of an Indie Gala bundle headlining games already featured in a Humble Bundle.

So Resident Evil 6 is up to pre-purchase.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/221040/

What's this?
Pre-Purchase Rewards??
Rewards Unlock As More People Pre-Purchase!

Reward 1

Resident Evil 6 Digital Soundtrack and Artbook

The official Resident Evil 6 Digital Soundtrack and Resident Evil 6 Artworks: Creature Design.

Reward 2

Everything Above, Plus:

Free Copy of Resident Evil 5

Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

Reward 3

Everything Above, Plus:

Resident Evil 6 DLC Season Pass

The Resident Evil 6 DLC Season Pass gives free access to all 4 of the upcoming multiplayer DLC modes including: - Survivor - Predator - Onslaught - Siege

*Rewards will be backfilled once we reach the next level.

Oh Capcom.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
XCOM had the same thing. It's just a (pretty smart) way of doing preorder incentives when you aren't working with physical goods and have a easily monitored global tracker that customers can watch.
Or you can just give all the rewards right away so that everyone who wants them preorders right away rather than only consider doing it after/if it reaches a given point. Which it probably will reach because who knows if it's even real tracking. It's not like they'll get any press from this, with news updates every time a goal is achieved, especially since you say it's not new.

Or you can just give all the rewards right away so that everyone who wants them preorders right away rather than only consider doing it after/if it reaches a given point. Which it probably will reach because who knows if it's even real tracking...

They do it this way because at each threshold there will be additional new social media/word of mouth for the preorder that there might not have been otherwise, I believe. It's just part of the marketing campaign.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
RE6 has no price for me, I'm in Argentina. Also it wouldn't allow me to add it to my wishlist.

HoosTrax

If you are in the beta, they fixed it today with the update.
It does appear that they un-borked the beta client for multi-monitor setups...I wonder what they broke in exchange. It might be placebo effect at work, but I think it feels snappier.

Why are all of my Ys games updating...

Nabs

I guess they updated a couple of things with the way the steam site and api reads your games/wishlist/stats. Store pages now tell me if I own a game even with a private community page.

FloatOn

I'm kind of drunk and I just beat binary domain. Life is good steamGAF.

any chance this great game is going to get a sequel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom