• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, we all know they mean "Brazillian Portuguese" and "Portuguese", which ARE two different languages.

I don't think any other country speak Brazillian Portuguese. Other countries do speak Portuguese.
Well, our languages are not that different. It's more than simple accent variation, sure, but the way you construct the setences in general is correct by our standards, and vice-versa. I suck at explaining grammar, but I'm sure you got the point.

I speak with lots of brazillian folks using my portuguese and we all understand each other very well. Written portuguese, of course.
Spoken is another thing due to the accent, and the way we usually construct our setences that usually is a bit different. In that case, I usually speak a bit slower :p

Bottom line is... Capcom should have written "Portuguese-Portugal" and "Portuguese-Brazil" in that description, it would be more accurate.

It is all in English anyway so does it really matter what they write?
To be honest, I don't give a fuck. I always play the games in their native languages. English/Japanese voice acting and English subtitles if available. I hate dubbed stuff in every kind of media.

But there are lots of folks who prefer to listen/read stuff in their native dialect, even if it's a variation of the same mother language.

It has all the music, unless you're referring to the "soundtrack" edition which only comes with the original score for the game. If you thought tacking $3 onto your game purchase was going to net you a 50+ song licensed soundtrack then you're a fool.

Wait, so maybe I'm reading things wrong:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225260/discussions/0/846945411152545469/

I don't care about an actual soundtrack...does the game feature the same music as the PS360 version?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wait, so maybe I'm reading things wrong:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225260/discussions/0/846945411152545469/

I don't care about an actual soundtrack...does the game feature the same music as the PS360 version?
You're reading it wrong. That person is talking about the soundtrack that comes with the soundtrack bundle option. This gives you MP3s of the original songs created for the game.

Double Fine's community manager, Chris Remo, has already said the game itself will contain all the songs found in the console versions.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Beat Hotilne Miami earlier and now I'm after the puzzle pieces, four to go but I'm stopping for today because the late stages can take a while. What a crazy game, addictive as hell after you get used to how everything works/reacts and start managing to be good at it. Decided to go with MKB after trying both control options, felt janky at first but after it clicked it was gameplay bliss.

Blizzard

Banned
I just finally launched the Steam version of Hero Academy. Weirdly, it seems locked to 1280x1024, there is no fullscreen option, I had to set the taskbar to auto-hide since the window would go behind it otherwise, and there is not even a quit button on the main menu. :p

*edit* Compact mode works -- you just can't choose any other options than the normal size or compact.

Salsa

Torchlight 2 starts really strong, but definitely could have used some time in the cutting room in the second half.

kinda going through that on Bonerlands 2. Loot games are just fucking long for the sake of it now

then again they're probably pretty straight forward if you dont do sidestuff

Any idea why Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is taking upwards of 20 minutes on "Installing: Microsoft .NET Framework"? I haven't encountered this on the other 400-or-so games I've installed. Restarting Steam and rebooting my computer failed to fix it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Any idea why Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is taking upwards of 20 minutes on "Installing: Microsoft .NET Framework"? I haven't encountered this on the other 400-or-so games I've installed. Restarting Steam and rebooting my computer failed to fix it.

Yeah, it actually takes a really long time for some reason. Just let it run.

Bumhead

Banned

Borderlands 2 can be if you only chase the objectives and in a group.

Playing solo the game ramps up the difficulty pretty regularly and steeply. Where I am at the moment there's a 3 level jump between me and the recomended level of the next story mission. It's like the game wants to force you to either co-op it or go and down a bunch of side quests first for the XP.

I don't know if there's anything inherently wrong with wanting you to do either of those things but it's not exactly all that condusive to me finishing the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Titan Quest is crazy long, but an incredible ride top to bottom.

Even "crazy long" is putting it generously; I was playing through the game last year and it took me a good 20-odd hours to reach the second act... and not long thereafter I lost my save (thanks, OCZ). I don't know if I'll bother again, though I may have a change of heart when the release of Grim Dawn is near.

deejay

First ones to reply with a link to their Steam account can get one of these (you decide):

Flatout
Flatout 2
Flatout Ultimate Carnage

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GamersGate's latest Daily is 75% off Inversion ($9.99). Also of note is that Euro Truck Sim 2 is half off at GMG, with the 20% discount code (GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS) taking it down to $12.

Edit: Huh, for the first time ever I have to authenticate/confirm my GMG order.

Dr Dogg

kinda going through that on Bonerlands 2. Loot games are just fucking long for the sake of it now

Borderlands 2 and more over the first is just mind numbingly tedious. I take my hat off to anyone who the patience to do half the sidequests. Contrary to belief it's not hard to solo if you get the right kit and upgrade wisely and can just blast through up until a few of the last bosses which become more a war of attrition than a challenge. At about 20 hours in I just gave up as it was boring me to tears despite the end almost in sight.

Slightly OT but what in the hell has happened to Ubuntu? It used to be a simple install process and you were set. The version I used had so many missing drivers that for all the time spent in the command line I may as well started with Arch. Just for a flipping Penguin, god damn lure of hat money.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Any GAF impressions of Inversion?
I was pleasantly surprised by it. I think it's worth 5-10$ if you really dig 3rd person shooters like me.

Here is what I said in a previous thread:
Man, Inversion was pretty much Gears of War with some awesome gameplay twists. The setpieces were a real treat and the plot was surprisingly cool. It's a bummer the dialogue was painfully written and acted.

The visuals look quite splendid at 60 fps, though there is the occassional area that looks rough.

Definitely worth the 10$ and I'm looking forward to playing the campaign with one of my friends down the road.

Nillansan

The OT -- which itself isn't even a full page -- has some impressions, which are chiefly negative.

Thank you for the link.

I was pleasantly surprised by it. I think it's worth 5-10$ if you really dig 3rd person shooters like me.

I thoroughly enjoyed Binary Domain, it was definitely worth the full price. I will probably get Inversion then, it is apparently only 6-7 hours long so even if it isn't that solid it should be able hold my attention for that long. Thanks.

EDIT:

I'm looking forward to playing the campaign with one of my friends down the road.

CO-OP? Oh I am definitely getting this! Thank you.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And he's right, dat main menu is one of my favorite things of the game hah.

I really liked it on my PS3, even the RTS parts, though you could really cheese through them on normal.

I'm holding on for a sale since I already have it on my PS3, but it's a pretty cool game, as an outsider it really transmitted to me Tim's heavy metal love to the point I bought a couple albums and never listened to them haha.
Do want, DO WANT! I'm no fan of metal either, but the game looks cool as fuck. With a little luck I'll start enjoying that genre after playing the game.

Varg

Banned
Looking to see if anyone would be willing to do a trade Tuesday. I just recently built my computer and got a 7970 ghz with the never settle reloaded promo. Very interested in Bioshock Infinite but I could pass on Crysis 3. I should get the download code when its available Tuesday. If anyone is willing to trade PM me. Im assuming I could trust people on Gaf with this sort of thing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Alice Madness Returns controls pretty badly with MKB if you want to use the lock-on properly, I don't know why I even try with TP console ports. Plays good with a pad though.

Had to unlock the 30fps limit by changing the DefaultEngine.ini file too, but other than that so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom