• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just double checking, I want to buy Sleeping Dogs story/mission content. So that's Nightmare in North Point and Zodiac Tournament right?

Correct in terms of story content. It depends what you mean by "mission"; the "Police Protection Pack" includes an "exclusive High Speed police mission".

Just anything I can do, not just a clothes pack I suppose.

In that case you'll want [note: I don't know if you can unlock these missions in-game or if they're exclusive to the DLC, I would assume exclusive as on some DLC descriptions it is stated content can be unlocked through regular play]:

- Nightmare in Northpoint [Story]
- Zodiac Tournament [Story]
- Police Protection Pack [Additional cop missions]
- Street Racer Pack [Additional races]
- Triad Enforcer Pack [Horde mode]
- The SWAT pack [Additional cop missions]

JustinBB7

In that case you'll want [note: I don't know if you can unlock these missions in-game or if they're exclusive to the DLC]:

- Nightmare in Northpoint [Story]
- Zodiac Tournament [Story]
- Police Protection Pack [Additional cop missions]
- Street Racer Pack [Additional races]
- Triad Enforcer Pack [Horde mode]
- The SWAT pack [Additional cop missions]

Ah alright thanks :)

Think I'll get Nightmare/Zodiac and maybe Police Protection, and get the others in a sale maybe.

HoosTrax

Gah so many people on my friends list own Brutal Legend already :| . Well I do have like $20 in my Steam wallet. Maybe the TF2 items will be worth a buck or two?

*rationalizes some more*

Gah so many people on my friends list own Brutal Legend already :| . Well I do have like $20 in my Steam wallet. Maybe the TF2 items will be worth a buck or two?

*rationalizes some more*

well, TF2 is getting its first promotional action item, and since there's no way to craft those, this might be the only way to get the taunt. It might be worth 5-10 dollars later.

Salsa

finished Bonerlands 2. It was more addictive than truly fun at times, but a good ride nonetheless. Will play the DLC soon

Salsa

What did you think of the characters/writing/humor/quest design?

Its weird, there's stuff in the writing I really liked and stuff that was pretty awful. The main thing I liked storywise is how they fleshed out the characters from the previous game and how it really made it feel connected and a true sequel rather than new Borderlands with new characters.

The humor was sometimes good and sometimes too LE HUMOR, but honestly there wasnt as many meme references as people say. For example Handsome Jack was great, Tiny Tina was a bit on the annoying, loud and just pure bad side.

The quests re pretty standard for this type of game. The ones that are more fun and memorable are because of the writing itself and not specifically for the actions you're doing. There's some stuff that felt extra boring soloing instead of playing it as it was clearly meant to be. Felt like single player MMO stuff, but there werent THAT many of those.

The game does a good job at making some of the side stuff seem pretty important. There's a lot of character development for stuff you could completely miss, so I never felt like skipping any of them. There's some good set pieces as well.

All in all I think its a lot better than the first one if only because the story's more fleshed out and there's an actually fun antagonist this time, and it's probably one of the best sequels in terms of connecting the whole thing with the previous games. Charactes come back, you meet relatives of old characters, you visit old but changed places, etc.

It's good, the hate is a bit overblown, and that comes from someone who didnt play it in the best way possible. Im sure I could give it a pass in most of its shortcomings if I was playing with another 3 friends

a bit long though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hotline Miami is better than Drive on almost every level.
I enjoyed Drive but I agree. Obligatory:

9fa97b7d-a779-4173-a928-7e6c2ffe49fb.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

*rationalizes some more*
I let myself to be convinced to buy it, so you should do the same.

Does anybody know if the TF2 items will be automatically added to my inventory, or do I have to run that game to get them? I don't have it installed, and wouldn't like to have to download 12 GB just to get 2 or 3 hats.

Salsa

I let myself to be convinced to buy it, so you should do the same.

Does anybody know if the TF2 items will be automatically added to my inventory, or do I have to run that game to get them? I don't have it installed, and wouldn't like to have to download 12 GB just to get 2 or 3 hats.

you have to run it to actually get them but there's no time limit, next time you open up TF2 they'll be there

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
you have to run it to actually get them but there's no time limit, next time you open up TF2 they'll be there
So I can do it in 2 or 3 years and they'll still be there? That's good to know, I'm in no hurry to download that behemoth then.

I'm not even hating but that pic always gets me, haha.

On-topic, I just saw this and thought it was pretty cool:

http://mdpenman.deviantart.com/art/Hotline-Miami-351092093
After seeing this image, "Deep cover" immediately started ringing in my ears. Amazing track, amazing game and amazing pic you posted there.

HoosTrax

Todd Howard? Don't really get the Bethesda hate on GAF. I'm going to assume it's salty PS3 owners.

Welcome to the exclusive club. This might end up being more rare than the earbuds, considering all of the posts I see with the most convoluted ways of trying to not install Linux for real, and resorting to virtual machines and USB installs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welcome to the exclusive club. This might end up being more rare than the earbuds, considering all of the posts I see with the most convoluted ways of trying to not install Linux for real, and resorting to virtual machines and USB installs.

I had zero luck trying install Linux alongside Windows, so I used VMWare and downloaded the game overnight. It didn't even launch (no actual display drivers were installed, so Steam spat back an OpenGL error), but evidently that doesn't matter.

Varg

Banned
Just picked up FTL and ...... HOLY SHIT this game is amazing!!!! Built this brand new beast of a computer and caught myself spending 3 and a half hours last night playing this little gem before bed. Also just got steam and im looking for friends on there!!! My ID is SnakeVargas86.

Hotline Miami is better than Drive on almost every level.

Drive is the best movie I've seen in a long, long time.

Hotline Miami is one of the most addicting and fun games I've played in a long, long time.

They both have a lot of violence.

And that's about it in terms of comparisons for me.

Maxrunner

Todd Howard? Don't really get the Bethesda hate on GAF. I'm going to assume it's salty PS3 owners.

Nah, Fallout 3 sucks compared to the old ones, thank god for wasteland 2...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you only need to install tf2 right?

You have to attempt to run it, too. As I said it doesn't matter if you're successful or not, Valve just has to know you clicked the "Play" button.

Also when will cs go linux going to be released? valve should release l4d2 and cs go asap...

Given the stealth releases of Half-Life and CS 1.6 I wouldn't expect a preceding announcement.

Tizoc

Anyone know of any dicount codes for Gamersgate? There was one that offer a 5% discount, but I forgot what it was.

Atruvius

I finally got Steam working on my Ubuntu computer and got Tux. Is there anyway to delete the OS from my computer, something easier than magnets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom