• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Uh FYI, the non-Steam release is $25 for all 5 episodes. $15 sounds good to me for this type of game so I'll be grabbing it before the offer ends...unless today's daily interests me~

EDIT: Anyone played Fantasy Wars? How is it?
Hmmm this is what shows up for me:

Maybe it's $10 for those that bought it so they can gift it to others for a cheaper price?
Most of us are not in the Ukraine or other RU regions.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This game seems pretty ineresting. So, I have 2 gift copies left to give out. Who would like to receive and play on the Daily Deal stream with me today?

Hmmmm, nice deal. Would gladly play. I have work in an hour and just installed Sonic Generations so time is money!

Tizoc

Except it's not $15, but $22.49. I don't know which region you live in, but you're lucky :p

Well shit...it's back to $25 now XD, seems some regions get it for $15, or it is a pricing error THAT I SLACKED OFF ON GETTING AGAIN!
BMMRWFS.png

Either way the most I'd pay for KRZ is $15.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I should probably add that the stream will start around 4pm central, so you have to be able to play then to get the game!

HoosTrax

Let's think about this objectively -- Infinite is priced at "console pricing" -- $60. So let's take "PC pricing" of $40 instead. XCOM has been as low as around roughly $15? Bioshock is so old and ubiquitous that people might as well just give them away -- $0. So that leaves a few bucks worth of TF2 items.

There. I justified not buying it :p.

Bumhead

Banned
"We're not reselling enough preorders."

"Offer some TF2 hats and games from our backcatalog that everyone owns already."

"Ok."

Heh, speak for yourself. I could always do with another copy of BioShock (finished it multiple times on PS3 and 360, but fancy a PC play through) and I have been meaning to pick up X-Com.

That's crazy value if you were already intending on picking up Infinite.

I'll be able to gift all the TF2 items if anyone wants them though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I should probably add that the stream will start around 4pm central, so you have to be able to play then to get the game!

It's 12:19 PM central right now? So 4pm central would be in 4 hours

That would be 7pm for me, no worries.

But I'm in Brazil and latency could be shitty, so it's your call.

jediyoshi

It's on sale right now on Green Man Gaming for 16 bucks.

Hell, I just bought it yesterday.

Steam OT probably isn't the right place to do it, but you don't have to trek out far to find people who don't actively keep watch for deals. Base still being the full $50 means it has a long time to stay relevant in pricing

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
It doesn't seem to. Because ya know zobies isn't multiplayer or anything.

I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or not. Unless something has changed since the last time I played a Black Ops game, Zombies is totally multiplayer. That doesn't answer the question of whether or not the free weekend only includes the DM modes.

Joe Molotov

Kinda interested in KRZ, but for $22.50, I'll wait for a Steam sale. $10-15 is my limit for artsy-fartsy crap. I'm not paying $25 just to have my paradigms shifted.

Nabs

Heh, speak for yourself. I could always do with another copy of BioShock (finished it multiple times on PS3 and 360, but fancy a PC play through) and I have been meaning to pick up X-Com.

That's crazy value if you were already intending on picking up Infinite.

I'll be able to gift all the TF2 items if anyone wants them though.

I'll take the The Pounding Father if you're giving it away.

Tizoc

TBH after hearing about the Season Pass for Bioshock Infinite I may hold out on buying the base game at least, unless I find for $20 some weeks from now or after release.
Otherwise I'll just wait for the Bioshock I+Season Pass to be on sale for like $30 or such.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
1 copy of Guns of Icarus Online left for me to give out. Remember you have to be able to play at around 4pm central so we can stream it on daily deal.

jediyoshi

Find it weird the TF2 items are under a tier at all other than them just wanting to stay with the 3 tier system. Feels like it should just be an instant bonus.

TBH after hearing about the Season Pass for Bioshock Infinite I may hold out on buying the base game at least, unless I find for $20 some weeks from now or after release.

Though it's not like the season pass content is going to be available immediately after the game's release. So by the time you do get the money together for it, the game'll be back to full price and you may just still only have the regular game to play through.

I imagine there's still people holding out for Borderlands 2 + season pass for $30 unless they got lucky during the holidays with gamersgate. Just sold a season pass to someone for $15 earlier this week

R2D4

Banned
Well this is great. Double XP weekend and have been playing Black Ops 2 for the past hour. Then I can't find a lobby. It just sits searching for minutes. So I close Steam and relaunch. Now Steam cannot connect to the internet. WTF? I'm watching Giantbomb TNT on my Roku during this. My internet is fine. Restarted my PC and it still doesn't work. UGH.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Me and Drizzle just played a couple matches of Guns of Icarus. Pretty fun and a lot more to it than I initially thought.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Me and Drizzle just played a couple matches of Guns of Icarus. Pretty fun and a lot more to it than I initially thought.

Thank you for the game and for the match. Game is really much more than I imagined, down to the existence of real money micro-transaction fueled cosmetic economy.

Game is pretty funny and my latency wasn't a issue at all.

I look forward to more gameplay later today.

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
For you Linux Steam gaffers, TF2's latest update dramatically improves performance. Now with this build, my Linux performance matches (possibly exceeds) my Windows performance. Its a beautiful thing.

Bumhead

Banned
I'll take the steel songbird.

I'll take the The Pounding Father if you're giving it away.

I would like The Sydney Straw Boat Vox Diabolus if you really don't want it.

All noted.

I did however post that before I knew about the GMG deal, and now I'm doing some mental gymnastics trying to decide which to go for.

If I go for the Steam deal, I'll give you all the TF2 items you requested. I'll probably know by Monday as that's when the GMG deal comes to a close.

zkylon

zkylewd
Those are pretty shitty pre-order bonuses, specially the Industrial Revolution Pack.

I'm gonna buy it since 2K's games are sold for $45 in Argentina Steam for whatever reason, but I really wish that pack was optional.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
optic fibre installed

before: 350kb/s tops

after:

ilzLzfrQuMhkH.PNG

pretty kewl for no increase in price.

First of all, I love your new avatar.

Second of all, that means you went from a poor 4mbit connection to a 30mbit connection. Nice.

How much is your upload? Were you on ADSL before?

I jumped from 20mbit/800kbit cable to 50mbit/30mbit fiber for the same price and it's the best decision I've ever made, along with cutting Cable TV completly - I only get the free channels now (as I kept the Cable Company Phone Line specifically for that reason).

Gowans

Bioshock Infinite is £29.99 in the UK on steam so that's like $46 US.

Happy to help some gaffers out by gifting it to them for paypal, im Gowans on steam

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Someone get a Nord in here to shit on us all from great heights.

I can get a 200mbit download (they don't talk about upload speeds) fiber connection down here in Brazil. I just don't want to spend can't justify spending 3 times what I'm spending now for this 50mbit one.

Edit: And it's not that expensive. 50mbit is the equivalent of 65.93 USD monthly. 100mbit is 116.65 USD and 200mbit is 177.51 USD

Is there a way to move/install the Steam client onto another hard drive without moving the location of installed games? Trying to move the client on my SSD but keeping the games on the HDD.

edit: think I got it. Just installed a new client on my SSD and chose to install games on both drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom