• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
eight copies of dota two. eight.
I got rid of all my Dota 2 invites. Feels good man.
Also for any RTS lovers out there.
Hey dude,

We're still working with NCSoft so no word on GW2 yet. I know my guy has been out sick though so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

Also,

Finally nailed down the DOW franchise pack.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZMCYOI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Will be $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) for TWELVE HOURS ONLY on Saturday 1/12, we will run the deal from 12:00PM (Noon) PST - 12:00AM (midnight) PST. It will also be added to the Editor's Choice List.

Starting Sunday it will be $19.99 (so $14.99 after coupon).

Lastly,

Apparently we don't carry and couldn't get (in time) 2 pieces of DLC. I'm not really sure what they are because the description is very vague. We've replaced these 2 DLCs with Titan Quest Gold.

Cheers,
Tony

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I got rid of all my Dota 2 invites. Feels good man.
Also for any RTS lovers out there.

Fuck, I only have one extra discount code and I was keeping it for Syndicate.

Anybody who has one and it's not going to use it, I'd give you like 6 bucks for all the keys or something.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Since when does Steam show your total spent?

BLMH7.png

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Is that not the chrome plugin?

Ah you might be right since I added it recently, nevermind then, thought something weird was up! I do wonder how it computes the value though, since that's far less than the sites that go by msrp put it at.

Not Steam keys for DoW Franchise Pack.
Hey there,

I just addressed this on Reddit as well. I found out shortly after posting that DoW Gold and DoW Dark Crusade are not Steam Keys, I'll note this in the OP when I add it and my original comment on this deal.
I only add stuff to the OP that is a planned deal, not a PM, which is why MP3 hasn't made an appearance in the OP, I'll add this deal shortly.

Cheers,
Tony

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm gonna play they "they're just hats" card here. I couldn't have been happier to trade my earbuds for Civ 5: Gods and Kings when it came out. Give me a rare hat and I'll flip it right there or it'll sit in my inventory unnoticed until I see someone wanting to trade games for it.

Now if I was even halfway interested in collecting these things, this would all drive me nuts... but I'm happy to save some money on games here and there just because I got the right preorder bonus a year ago and didn't plan on it.
Yeah it doesn't affect me personally since I don't even play TF2 anymore but I find that kind of thing to be pretty disgusting meta-capitalism.

Echoplx

Ah you might be right since I added it recently, nevermind then, thought something weird was up! I do wonder how it computes the value though, since that's far less than the sites that go by msrp put it at.

It reads your 'store transactions' page and adds the values up, it's probably the most accurate reading you'll get because external sites can't access that information.

There used to be a thing where you could put some Java script in a bookmark and execute it on the page to get the amount, guess they just incorporated that into the extension.

Baha

So uh, steam is shutting down immediately every time I try to join a steam chat room...

[edit] I'm in the steam beta, opting out now..

I made it to Sector 8 in FTL, but was too scared to face the enemy flagship, so I just kept jumping to try and earn some scraps. By the time I reach back to my base. The enemy flagship reached it and I lost by default without a fight. Got the engineer ship finally. My ship was upgraded too. T_T Had enough for 2 lvl 3 weapons and lvl 3 shields.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Only $1490.78? That can't be right.

Honestly I probably spent more on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Fuckin' Rock Band DLC...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
If you have a DOTA 2 invite does that mean that you won't have to pay for the actual game when it comes out? I know Steam is selling the invites for $30 so that seems logical.

If you have a DOTA 2 invite does that mean that you won't have to pay for the actual game when it comes out? I know Steam is selling the invites for $30 so that seems logical.
Its only for early access and some cosmetic items. DOTA 2 is F2P when it launches.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It made more sense before DOTA invites spread like herpes. But it probably includes a rare pair of enchanted socks or some shit that goes for $500 on ebay.

Well, yeah. If they were more exclusive then it would make much more sense, but everyone seems to have tons of them. In fact, it seems that many can't even get rid of the numerous invites that they seem to possess.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
What is so compelling about it? I'm on the 3rd world and I'm losing interest fast.

You won't believe me but I confused NightSky with Really Big Sky, no idea why. I meant Really Big Sky so I have no idea about the other game :lol sorry.

I guess it's time to go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom