• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Since when does Steam show your total spent?

BLMH7.png

Doesn't beat mine total spent

bEaOk.png

How come this is not in OP yet? I kinda requested it when I first posted about this addon for chrome

I think my favourite part of Singularity was the ending.
I refuse your binary choice and want you both to die. Excellent.

I should get it on PC next Steam sale, will probably be a fun replay.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should get it on PC next Steam sale, will probably be a fun replay.

Just don't expect it to be a Daily/Flash Sale/Community's Choice (though that's not to say you shouldn't wait and see) -- it hasn't seen anything beyond a general sale discount since mid-2011.

Lotto

Didn't know where else to post this but I just beat 'To the Moon' in one sitting. The feels, the photoshop grass paintbrush stamp, the Laura Shigihara song. Beautiful game and certainly worth anyone's time who's looking for a relatively short narrative-based game. Took about 4.3 hours according to the Steam tracker. More about interacting with the story rather than having any actual gameplay elements (moving with the mouse can be unresponsive at times however). Still, this game certainly deserves your attention if you're into story. Instantly put it on my recommendations list.

zkylon

zkylewd
Didn't know where else to post this but I just beat 'To the Moon' in one sitting. The feels, the photoshop grass paintbrush stamp, the Laura Shigihara song. Beautiful game and certainly worth anyone's time who's looking for a relatively short narrative-based game. Took about 4.3 hours according to the Steam tracker. More about interacting with the story rather than having any actual gameplay elements (moving with the mouse can be unresponsive at times however). Still, this game certainly deserves your attention if you're into story. Instantly put it on my recommendations list.
I'm at it but I'm having problems getting it to run on my resolution (1920x1200). Also, controller input is kinda weird.

But yeah, I've put almost two hours onto it and it's pretty great.

kurahador

We have good taste.

JaseC

Worms 4? Isn't that Ultimate Mayhem?

edit: nvm. just checked wikipedia, looks like Mayhem is Worms 4

Ultimate Mayhem is simply a re-release of Worms 4 with oh-so-slightly improved graphics (I'm probably being a little liberal with the labelling of it as Worms 4, but, really, for all intents and purposes, it's the very same game). I actually didn't mind 4 back in the day -- a mate and I had some fun with the game, though it needn't be said that 2 and Armageddon are without doubt the high points of the series.

PaulLFC

I'm assuming at least Skyrim is Steamworks from this...

Elder Scrolls Bundle - Oblivion GOTY, Morrowind GOTY, Skyrim, Hearthfire and Dawnguard - £20.61 at GAME (not sure if it's available outside the UK, may be as it's a download)

--

As for Worms 4 / Ultimate Mayhem, it's terrible IMO. Me and my friend tried playing it after a few hours playing Worms Revolution (which is really good) - I'm not sure if either of us hit another worm in the few turns we played it for before deciding that 3D Worms just doesn't work, and going back to Revolution.

I wish they'd put Armageddon up though, I only got Revolution in the sale so I didn't get it as a preorder bonus.

Echoplx

I still need to finish NiNP and nab the five achievements -- its release ruined my 50/50. :(

I could never do that, I'd end up hating everything I played if I forced myself to go for 100%

ZP is about 45 minutes. NINP is about 2 hours.

NINP is much more entertaining

Depends, If you're playing it right after the main story it's pretty boring, it just gives you cut down main story missions with stupid zombies that are boring to fight.

JaseC

I could never do that, I'd end up hating everything I played if I forced myself to go for 100%

I was thoroughly enjoying the game and was only a handful short by the time the main mission line was drawing to close, so I decided to make the extra effort. Sleeping Dogs was the first and only game I'd earned all achievements for.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No, it's just that I don't have the console or controllers to play Rock Band anymore so all that content I bought is useless. Plus I bought a ton of shitty songs.
That's bad, it would be nice if Harmonix (or EA) allowed the users to transfer the DLC to other consoles.

I played 30 minutes of NightSky but it felt way longer. The game feels like a chore.
Really? I found it good, though extremely short (2.5 hours to 100% it). I played in short sessions: a couple of levels here, another bunch there, between other games.

Echoplx

I was thoroughly enjoying the game and was only a handful short by the time the main mission line was drawing to close, so I decided to make the extra effort. Sleeping Dogs was the first and only game I'd earned all achievements for.

Fair enough, It is an amazing game so it makes sense in that situation :p

Thank you Amazon, GmersGate, GreenManGaming, Gifts and Xelios. Now I can continue on believing that gaming isn't costing me much.
xXb2q.png

P.S.: Bundles, I forgot them for a second.

I hope I'm not too late after the sale.
yuses.jpg

I guess this sale was both positive and negative for many people. At next sale I expect more software and some movies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You won't believe me but I confused NightSky with Really Big Sky, no idea why. I meant Really Big Sky so I have no idea about the other game :lol sorry.

I guess it's time to go to bed.
Funnily enough, to me it's the other way round. I liked NightSky a lot, but RBS didn't hook me. I don't understand it too well, and end up dying without knowing why. It doesn't help that the mouse is terribly implemented, and seems to have some technical problems.

that damn 2 minute crash free driving is a mother though. made it to 1:45 before someone served into me. Think thats the hardest one i have left...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Really? I found it good, though extremely short (2.5 hours to 100% it). I played in short sessions: a couple of levels here, another bunch there, between other games.

Stallion Free to continue playing NightSky, confirmed.

O.DOGG

How good is Darksiders 2? I'm this close to buying it on Amazon but I'm just not too sure about it. I loved the original Darksiders but my impressions are that they turned Darksiders 2 into Diablo, and that's something I'm not interested in.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Gaf this comes at under $40-
http://www.game.co.uk/en/elder-scro...2_1357902735_6d931d4c497d9a86a71340dab56db058
...but I don't know if I can redeem it on my account...but it is so effin' tempting...
How would you rank these 3 Elder Scrolls games?

I never played Morrowind, people say it's the best one
I've played hundreds of hours of Oblivion. Never completed the main questline (it's not good anyway). Dark brotherhood is where it's at.
I played 154 hours of Skyrim, finished the main questline and a couple others. Can't bring myself to go back to it and play the rest. I just have too many games I DIDN'T play.

They're all pretty amazing games. However, Skyrim was 23 bucks on GMG 2 weeks ago and people will have extra copies of Oblivion, Morrowind and possibly Skyrim soon, when GamersGate gives out the missing keys from the Bethesda Bundle (I have an extra Oblivion key right now and a Morrowind Key is eventually coming).

I don't know if 40 bucks for non-steam redeemable versions of these games (except Skyrim, which is Steamworks) are a good deal, specially when the market will literally be flooded with them soon-ish (at least Oblivion and Morrowind). Not counting the fact that they go up for sale for 2,50 each every time there's a big Steam sale.

TL;DR: I'd buy a steam-redeemable key of Morrowind and/or Oblivion from a Gaffer, which would give me multiple hundred hours of GamePlay and I'd get Skyrim next time it's sub 20 bucks.

Tizoc

@drizzle- The games are Steam redeemable, but this offer gives you one code for all the games.
I guess I'll wait then in this case for Morrowind to go on sale, etc.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It doesn't have achievements, though. Only he would know, and anyone who loads his save game and sees that he collected all the hidden orbs (or whatever they were).

Oh, I don't care about Steam achievements when it comes to finishing a game and I don't see any reason to lie about finishing the game. This is between me and my credit card over all the mistakes I have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom