• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

@Xavin- Oooh might bite on King's Bounty, how is it compared to the previous games?
...and Vikings is the new daily deal...hmm...

Derrick01

Banned
Actually, you are. Grossly. But we've already been over this before.

I am not. There is a point in the game where you have to do a fetch quest for someone, and in that fetch quest you have to do another one and then another smaller one within that.

This happens. Learn to deal with it.

1-D_FTW

I am not. There is a point in the game where you have to do a fetch quest for someone, and in that fetch quest you have to do another one and then another smaller one within that.

This happens. Learn to deal with it.

Deal with what? The fact you're wrong? We had a large discussion of this before. The cribs note was this: You don't like the game. Which is fine. But you're docking for the same thing that every game has. If the game didn't have... but wait... there's more, no RPG/adventure game would ever last more than an hour. You didn't like the game, so you fixated on it and couldn't excuse it. I love the game, so I thought it wasn't any less organic than any other game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

nexen

Viking is $5 bucks. Hey Stall, how'd you like it?

Shit. Universe is testing me. I want that game.

I played it on x360 and found it to be a nice little sleeper. A bit repetitive but it had good graphics for the time, fun combat, and some seriously insane mega battles. Stealth bits were a bit annoying.

I managed to complete it and enjoyed myself quite a bit while doing so. Given that most games I play I can't make it past the 1 or 2 hour mark anymore, that means a lot to me.

For $5 I'm considering double dipping.

Tizoc

Any reason to get the Valhalla edition? Reading its description, the armor is collectable during the course of the game, does the armor collecting come as part of a side quest or such?

JaseC

Any reason to get the Valhalla edition? Reading its description, the armor is collectable during the course of the game, does the armor collecting come as part of a side quest or such?

No tangible reason, no.

cicero

Since I know I am not the only member here, does anyone know why the Steam Community Group "Hookups" was closed? I only get this message when I got to their former Steam front page, "This group has been administratively disabled."

Joe Molotov

Please Gabe... no more... please stop.

capture6cxqr.png

iFyyU.png

JaseC

Since I know I am not the only member here, does anyone know why the Steam Community Group "Hookups" was closed? I only get this message when I got to their former Steam front page, "This group has been administratively disabled."

I wonder why Valve shut it down. The group had been around for quite a while so surely the reason isn't that it focused on deals on offer outside of Steam itself.

Doomrider

I also got Viking for like 1.90€ from Gamersgate, so even it ends up being so-so, I won't really regret it (a lot, at least).

I played a bit and I kinda liked chopping fools in half and the gore, but the combat will probably get old fast. Then again, I didn't get to the massive battles, which I assume are one of the game's strong suits.

Tizoc

I also got Viking for like 1.90€ from Gamersgate, so even it ends up being so-so, I won't really regret it (a lot, at least).

I played a bit and I kinda liked chopping fools in half and the gore, but the combat will probably get old fast. Then again, I didn't get to the massive battles, which I assume are one of the game's strong suits.

How'd you get it for 2 Euros? Was there a discount code?

oneils

Just post a link to your steam account in this thread, and request to be added:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443039

Thanks, done.

He did say "SteamGAF group" so he may be referring to the general GAF Steam group, in which case he should just post a link to his profile in here.

That's right. I didn't realise that was the link to Steamgifts group. If there is a way I could join just the normal NeoGAF group on steam, that would be great.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ninefingers

iavi

Viking bought.
Darksiders Franchise pack bought on amazon with 5 bucks off ~$8.

I feel like I'm doing more buying after the holiday sales.

Scavenger

Transformers Fall of Cybertron steamkey is 10.20 GBP in Europe and 20.40 USD in America at Gamefly. So far the best price I've seen for FOC.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The nerdist did a 2 part interview with gaben and others, Looks like it's now up online over here - http://www.nerdist.com/podcast/nerdist/ - Thought there might be some interest in this thread.

I haven't listened yet but I'm just about to.

Also why am i not getting any random dota 2 invites valve? I play the game, it's about all I play. I don't need them but i'm totally feeling left out!

Isaccard

Deal with what? The fact you're wrong? We had a large discussion of this before. The cribs note was this: You don't like the game any game. Which is fine. But you're docking for the same thing that every game has. If the game didn't have... but wait... there's more, no RPG/adventure game would ever last more than an hour. You didn't like the game, so you fixated on it and couldn't excuse it. I love the game, so I thought it wasn't any less organic than any other game.

Fixed that for ya

dreamfall

Hmm, I think I'll have to bite on King's Bounty. Wish it was the Armored Princess edition, but I was thoroughly enjoying the demo yesterday. Awesome coincidence!

AlexBasch

I'd like to learn DOTA but the "learners" or "beginners" area is closed down and I have only the option to go online and face actual people without even playing the game for myself first.

lolnope

That reminds me, I've got a copy of Starvoid. Anyone want it?

Benedict

I wouldn't mind a copy of DOTA 2.

If I activate a Steam-code and Gabe says I already own the game/DLC, will that make the code unusable or still active?
Question regarding the Abbyssal Forge DLC that is also included in the Season Pass for Darksiders 2.

I'd like to learn DOTA but the "learners" or "beginners" area is closed down and I have only the option to go online and face actual people without even playing the game for myself first.

lolnope

That reminds me, I've got a copy of Starvoid. Anyone want it?

You have lots of options. Versus bots for instance.

Also I guess I'll take the starvoid if you're throwing it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom