• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsen

Risen 2 is bad? :(

I looking for my next RPG...Oblivion is good? i never played a Elder Scroll game..

Oblivion is by far the worst TES game. It was a huge disappointment on release and now that it's hopelessly outdated in every way there's no reason to play it. Get Morrowind and install the Morrowind Overhaul to make it look amazing, or get Skyrim if you want a shallower and easier experience that looks very good.

Dr Dogg

I still find it weird that we all take recommendations from people that have different tastes, sometimes only slight others massively. Persona 3 is a game I do truly love but a JRPG traditionalist might not like it, opponents of anime will not be too keen either and as for folks after shooters... well. It's a niche within a niche within a niche (that's just given me an Inception style headache).

Minerva's Den is a tricky one. It was billed by GAF and 2K Marin themselves as for fans of System Shock 2 and going back to core themes but I don't know if I was missing something just didn't see it. Maybe due to the fact that game had nothing to do with Ken or Irrational could be why but I don't know. It didn't grip me like other said it did for them but I was sold more on what the devs said than GAF-hype.

vocab

P3 fucking sucks. I like everything about it except the piss poor pacing, and bland ass tartarus with that god damn song on loop that slightly changes with progression.

Gaf hype is usually good on everything except a few. Xenoblade is one of them. Talk about mediocrity at its finest.

Dr Dogg

You should play it! It's pretty great. Or you can hold onto it and sell it for bazillions in a few years.

Well not for us in euroland. Zavvi have got loads in stock and it's on there now for around £34. I even got the swanky edition with a red Classic Controller Pro. Might have to rip the bugger and have a dabble in Dolphin but I think I might need a new Wii as it's being a bit tetchy as of late accepting discs.

I was too curious, but your profile is private >.<

Hahaha I forgot about that. Blame it on the hatconomy and randoms messaging me asking if I would give them free TF2 stuff. I'm bad but not where near JaseC bad (I've 800 odd I think he's pushing 2,250).

Deques

Hahaha I forgot about that. Blame it on the hatconomy and randoms messaging me asking if I would give them free TF2 stuff. I'm bad but not where near JaseC bad (I've 800 odd I think he's pushing 2,250).

Friend me so I can check on your impressive collection ^^

1KJveUM.png

Am I hoping too much?

deejay

Bit much for that pin don't you think ? Hope you'll sell it for that price though :)

Tonight is the release for Go Home Dinosaurs and Slam Bolt Scrappers.

Not sure if they will be any good, but like so many of us I might just add them to my collection :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bit much for that pin don't you think ? Hope you'll sell it for that price though :)

The pin was given to those who owned Faerie Solitaire before December 12th last year. It'll be a long time before it's worth much more than the ~96c it is now.

didamangi

A new bundle on macappdeals is live. All games are steam redeemable and you guess it, Mac compatible.

Name Your Own Price. (Yes, Pay What You Want!)

That's right. We've partnered with 6 of the world's finest indie game developers to bring you The Name Your Own Price Indie Gamer Bundle! You pay what you want for three different games that will keep you gaming for hours on end including: The Journey Down, Aztaka, and iBomber Defense. And if you pay more than the average price, you'll also receive Spades of Time, SpaceChem, and Cubemen.

lol at Spades of Time :))

dani_dc

The pin was given to those who owned Faerie Solitaire before December 12th last year. It'll be a long time before it's worth much more than the ~96c it is now.

Not to mention that they gave away the game for free on Steam on that period of time as well, my girlfriend had no interesting in the game but got it for free just to get the pin (and ended up playing it for nearly 12 hours).

So I imagine there's a good amount fo those pin's around.

A new bundle on macappdeals is live. All games are steam redeemable and you guess it, Mac compatible.

lol at Spades of Time :))

Hm, I still haven't finished X-blades (it was just boring bad and not funny bad), but I feel tempted to get this fpr Blades of Times either way.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Still making my way through some of my Steam backlog. Beat Spec Ops a few minutes ago and I do't really understand all the fuss about it. Was about as average as you can get.

Dr Dogg

Still making my way through some of my Steam backlog. Beat Spec Ops a few minutes ago and I do't really understand all the fuss about it. Was about as average as you can get.

I think it kind of snowballed and people were expecting something revolutionary. Don't know what you had read going in or if any hype got to you but I went in dark and thought the gameplay was so-so and the story was a bit off until around chapter 7 and then got invested in it. While not groundbreaking by any means it was certainly better than most story developemt in games. Compare it to most literature or christ even some films and it doesn't stack up all that well.

Tizoc

A first time gaf-hype victim, I guess.

All the other games like Spec Ops, Nier, Deadly Premonition, etc., were all wins though.

I'm near the end of Spec Ops and damn is it's story really good. Combat wise it's OK, but the Sniper is the best weapon in the game mainly for blowing people's heads up lol.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I gather the Steam version of FFVII won't have the issue-filled DRM the SE store version has?

Arthea

So... I'll need to buy FF7 again?
When "one time too many" will happen, anybody care to guess?

Really a new game like FF7 would be very welcome, or at least a good remake, and I mean very

I still think that everything FFVII related is pretty mediocre coming from FFV and FFVI. But maybe it's just the Spider-Man 3 effect where Crisis Core and Advent Children went back in time and made the original bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What does it say in that link? I can't access Steam at work.

Isn't EULA the license agreement? What does it have to do with Final Fantasy?

It's the EULA specific to FF7, which means its release is imminent (assuming the EULA itself is recent and isn't just a relic that was dug up).

Arthea

I never beat FF7, just played a bit of the opening. I hope nothing gets spoiled for me before I play the game for real!

it's a joke, right?
if not, I envy you

so FF7 and FF8 are really coming?
Whom can we ask for Falcom's Trail games? All LoH series would be so nice to have. It's one of those things too good to be true, I guess

Dr Dogg

I still think that everything FFVII related is pretty mediocre coming from FFV and FFVI. But maybe it's just the Spider-Man 3 effect where Crisis Core and Advent Children went back in time and made the original bad.

First FF I played due to Square completely forgetting Europe exists was VII and it wasn't my bag. Saying that though it did make me wonder why on earth mags like Super Play were talking this series up. It wasn't until FF IV and VI were ported to the PlayStation did I truly start to love the series. Didn't care for VIII and despite people trying to tell me 'but it's so realistic' the character models looked like Pez dispensers to me. IX is my all time fav and at the time I played that I had hardly touched the first couple of entries.

garath

Bioshock Infinite pre-order incentive has reached the new level :)

So those TF2 hats might sell on the marketplace? I don't seem to have any TF2 items at all in my inventory despite having preordered a bunch of games and actually buying TF2 back when it was pay instead of f2p. :(

I'd be happy to recoup a couple bucks.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
FFVII is about right on the money when you read peoples favorable thoughts on it.

I've beat the game 7 times. Probably more than any other game ever. It's good.

Dr Dogg

100% (whatever it means) left until XCOM is unlocked

Probably 4 more days to string along people who were on the fence, wait until they pull the trigger and when they can't see any more sales coming in just as it reaches the 11th hour it magical creeps slowly to 100%. I should go get a tin foil hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom