• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a great game. Okay maybe it's not a game. It's a short film. I think it's a great mildly interactive short film. It tells a story in an intelligent way and doesn't talk down to you by explaining every little thing that happened. I got half an hour out of it and I paid more than what the daily deal is and I loved every minute. It's not for everyone for sure, but hell it's better than Journey.

Thirty Flights of Loving is like a sandwich without any flavour. Some people enjoy looking at it from different angles and eating it multiple times to analyze the ingredients, but if you want to eat a tasty sandwich, it's not recommended.

Fireblend

Banned
Woohoo! My gf just gifted me Thirty Flights of Loving. I enjoyed Gravity Bone, so I guess chances are I'll like this as well. Plus it's among the 2012 indie games I wanted to play and didn't, along with To the Moon and FTL =/

Hofmann

Woohoo! My gf just gifted me Thirty Flights of Loving. I enjoyed Gravity Bone, so I guess chances are I'll like this as well. Plus it's among the 2012 indie games I wanted to play and didn't, along with To the Moon and FTL =/

Good for you. It's one of the most original games I've ever played. Notice how it utilizes jump cuts - I haven't seen similar technique used in a game before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...I don't remember purchasing TFOL back in August at all. And here I was excited to get home so I could purchase an unowned Daily.

I think it's a great game. Okay maybe it's not a game. It's a short film. I think it's a great mildly interactive short film. It tells a story in an intelligent way and doesn't talk down to you by explaining every little thing that happened. I got half an hour out of it and I paid more than what the daily deal is and I loved every minute. It's not for everyone for sure, but hell it's better than Journey.

I strongly disagree with your opinion. Journey was actually a game, unlike TFoL. I recommend anyone thinking of purchasing to just watch the whole game on youtube. It is 13 minutes long and you do not actually play it, you are just watching the story unfold with minimal interaction.

Edit: I should mention that TFoL is worth watching, but is not worth the asking price.

Tomodachi

You won't believe the violence I'm inflicting upon myself not getting TFOL, but I decided no more Steam games if I don't clear/discard at least half of my howlongtobeat.com backlog.

I... must... stay... STRONG!!! GHHHHH!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You won't believe the violence I'm inflicting upon myself not getting TFOL, but I decided no more Steam games if I don't clear/discard at least half of my howlongtobeat.com backlog.

I... must... stay... STRONG!!! GHHHHH!

You're supposed to be increasing your backlog, silly! :p

Wok

Click, thinking its probably sarcasm.
Realize it's indeed sarcasm.
Also realize that your own backlog is at least double the size.

Welp.

75 games make a small backlog. No sarcasm inside. I was expecting 200+ games.

Edit: HLTB estimates the time to complete the backlog to be 34 days. Well, maybe, that's no so small indeed.

Tomodachi

Come on, your backlog is so small.

:O

detective-conan1.jpg&sa=X&ei=zF6lTtDAEo7RrQfq9rXxAg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4DA&usg=AFQjCNF_77pdQgOlLBZbK2SdsXruxqkkQg

It's not very big compared to some
(many)
of the backlogs here on steamgaf but I can't stand to look at it, I bought some of these games two or three years ago Q_Q

Wok

It's not very big compared to some
(many)
of the backlogs here on steamgaf but I can't stand to look at it, I bought some of these games two or three years ago Q_Q

And many of them are good. So I agree you should play this backlog.

Just skip the games you find boring or too difficult. Maybe The Void or Metro 2033.

TFOL is very good if you're into weird shit.

I am, and I enjoyed Gravity Bone and had hoped TFOL was Gravity Bone with a little more meat. Unfortunately it's like Gravity Bone with less meat. The narrative itself is interesting, but I was surprised and to be honest a little disappointed with how much there actually is here, even after the second run with the commentary track.

I do look forward to the teams future games because they clearly have the design and story telling chops.

I am, and I enjoyed Gravity Bone and had hoped TFOL was Gravity Bone with a little more meat. Unfortunately it's like Gravity Bone with less meat. The narrative itself is interesting, but I was surprised and to be honest a little disappointed with how much there actually is here, even after the second run with the commentary track.

I do look forward to the teams future games because they clearly have the design and story telling chops.

It's one guy. Not a team.

jediyoshi

DoW Franchise up on amazon $10 or $5 with coupon credit
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZMCYOI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Retribution: Complete Chapter Pack Bundle
Retribution: Tau Commander + All Campaign Wargear+ TLS Wargear
Titan Quest Gold
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution: Last Stand Alone DLC Complete Pack

Comments say all but dow gold are steam

Maybe that's the reason I like it so much. It holds your attention without usual fighting or puzzles, which act as fillers in story ''games''.

Good games does puzzles and fighting in a good way.

And it would be strange if a "game" like TFOL that lasts 10-15 minutes couldn't hold ones attention. :)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If somebody has extra 5 buck codes on Amazon and wants to help a gaffer out, I'll paypal you 6 bucks for the DOW pack.

I only have one code left and it's for Syndicate. :(

Caerith

Titan Quest Gold

Well, what else was I going to spend my coupon on?

zkylon

zkylewd

Yeah if it's content what you're looking for there's little in FTOL. It's just a rollercoaster ride, for better or worse.

How...did u manage to use 2 coupons?
I didn't. That extra $5 was from an Amazon CS who gave it to me when I called in for 2k Super Strategy Pack when it was priced for $14.99 on Jan. 2. It was that price briefly. I had just bought that pack the day before and wanted a refund. Since I used the key, they gave me $5 credit that works on anything. So I was looking at a free DoW Franchise Pack or a $5 MP3.

Tizoc

I didn't. That extra $5 was from an Amazon CS who gave it to me when I called in for 2k Super Strategy Pack when it was priced for $14.99 on Jan. 2. It was that price briefly. I had just bought that pack the day before and wanted a refund. Since I used the key, they gave me $5 credit that works on anything. So I was looking at a free DoW Franchise Pack or a $5 MP3.

*Strokes beard* Interesting...

Somewhere between Debussy and rain-drenched streets I fell in love with Sleeping Dogs, damn.

Also do wheelies and bunny hop oncoming cars, so fun.

Any open world gangster game that includes classical music like that is a winner.

baconcow

Titan Quest Gold

Dark Crusade is apparently not Steam. Also, worth noting that "Last Stand Alone DLC Complete Pack" is a duplicate as it is included as "TLS Wargear".

Fantomex

Have a question I figured I should ask here. What's the fastest service to send a 500mb file? I have some artwork that I got scanned but it's huge. Figured you guys might know. Dropbox, mediafire, Skype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom