• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steam GAF first post here, just got my account validated :)

I really enjoy this thread, so here's something in return:

LA Noire (Just the base game)

Quantum Conundrum (Sorry)

Supreme Commander 2

Wizorb

Frozen Synapse

McPixel

Not an impressive giveaway, but hopefully some of you will enjoy the games. Please quote the game that you want and I will PM you. First come, first serve.

Could someone please invite me to the Steam GAF group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nissanthen

Thank you :)

LA Noire?

Also, welcome to GAF!

baconcow

Supreme Commander 2

Wizorb

Frozen Synapse

McPixel

Not an impressive giveaway, but hopefully some of you will enjoy the games. Please quote the game that you want and I will PM you. First come, first serve.

Is Quantum Conundrum or LA Noire still available?

masterkajo

Supreme Commander 2

Wizorb

Frozen Synapse

McPixel

I'd gladly take Frozen Synapse.

Supreme Commander 2

Wizorb

Frozen Synapse

McPixel

Frozen Synapse still available? Thanks ahead of time regardless if you do or don't :)

esai

Supreme Commander 2

Wizorb

Frozen Synapse

McPixel

invite sent

Wok

I have just noticed I could sell the two hats for TF2 which I got for preordering Trine 2.
  • Genuine War Head: min 1.42€, quantity 40. (market, wiki)
  • Genuine Point and Shoot: min 3.39€, quantity 42. (market, wiki)

Yeah I had a look at my inventory just now, and all genuine quality items are sellable.

I am selling at the lowest price, we will see how long it takes:
  • Genuine War Head: 1.52€
  • Genuine Point and Shoot: 3.50€

h2Cby.png

Edit: It took exactly ten minutes to sell the Genuine Point and Shoot at the ask price of 3.50€.

I guess some people know how to have more money with it, but I am satisfied with this transaction.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A few people were wondering why the Hookups group was closed, and according to this SPUF thread it seems that it was due to a violation of Steam's Online Conduct policy. Having looked through the list, the only condition that stands out as pertinent is:

Use Steam in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).

The founder of the group mentioned he was slapped with a week-long account restriction for spamming invites, so my guess is that whoever responded to his ticket (he enquired about a dupe group somebody had made) took note of this detail, perhaps also noticing that other members of the group had a habit of sending out mass invites, and decided to shut it down.

Derrick01

Banned
SCS' latest blog post mentions development on the Linux port of ETS 2012 is almost complete and a comment states that owners of the Windows version will be able to download the Linux version for free, so I assume the intention is to release the Windows and Linux versions on Steam simultaneously.

Hopefully soon then. I'd hate for freakin Linux of all things to be slowing down the release.

Wok

If I buy The Cave on GMG, do I get the hats when I redeem the key on Steam?

If so, it is an additional discount.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If I buy The Cave on GMG, do I get the hats when I redeem the key on Steam?

If so, it is an additional discount.
Stop it, you're tempting me and I can't really buy more games now.

I doubt it'll come with the hats, I think those are always Steam-exclusive.

I could do The Cave for $10 (Paypal) if anyone is interested, it's a Steam gift with the TF2 items included.
Made a post in the Buy/Sell thread, but I think I'm more likely to find anyone interested here.

PM if you'd like to buy it from me.

Only sold a genuine K-9 mane for 0.50€ so far.

Somebody buy my Genuine Original for 4.50€, my 15 kids are starving.

edit: someone bought my Genuine Conjurer's Cowl and Genuine Anger. This makes me genuinely happy. 4.50€ so far, almost got enough for Tomb Raider next Christmas sale.

Caerith

So I started Darksiders II last night. All i could think so far (and I'm only level 3) is:
  • War could have totally made that jump.
  • Well it looks like Rivendell, so where are the Hobbits?
  • I should have installed the Witcher instead.

Derrick01

Banned
So I started Darksiders II last night. All i could think so far (and I'm only level 3) is:
  • War could have totally made that jump.
  • Well it looks like Rivendell, so where are the Hobbits?
  • I should have installed the Witcher instead.

You haven't even got to the ridiculous part of the game yet where Xzibit comes out and gives you fetch quests for your fetch quest.

kurahador

Wut...you can list genuine items now?

Shouldn't have sold my genuine scarf+ball kicking boots. Could've bought The Cave with that money.

DTKT

Man, Valve cannot make good UI to save their life. The market and the inventory screen are a mess to navigate.

- I can't see the average price for item sold when looking at my inventory.
- I can't see my inventory when I'm browsing the store.
- The inventory screen is slow and only shows a small amount of items per page.
- There is no filtering system within the market or the inventory page.

Ugh.

Just fired up Steam for the first time in a couple of days to play some Sleeping Dogs and Steam has fucking uninstalled it. All my files are gone.

Any ideas why it could of happened?

Man, Valve cannot make good UI to save their life. The market and the inventory screen are a mess to navigate.

Ugh.

Not to mention Steam as a whole is incredibly slow and a huge CPU hog when downloading games.

Voshond

Neo Member

Ugh.
It'd be nice if your own listings had a seperate tab. I have to scroll past 50 crates every time I want to check the market.

Ugh.

Uh, there actually is a perfectly functioning filtering system in the inventory page.

M3moE.png

jediyoshi

Ugh.

lIbvE.png

baconcow

I could do The Cave for $10 (Paypal) if anyone is interested, it's a Steam gift with the TF2 items included.
Made a post in the Buy/Sell thread, but I think I'm more likely to find anyone interested here.

PM if you'd like to buy it from me.

Seriously? Goddamn! I just paid $11.25 for it from GMG. :(

Caerith

You haven't even got to the ridiculous part of the game yet where Xzibit comes out and gives you fetch quests for your fetch quest.
Well, I'm going to finish this game no matter what, so what's the least painful way of doing so? Get to level 5 so I can use all my DLC stuff, then hit up all the DLC chapters, then finish the main story?

DTKT

Hey, that would be great if I could do that from within the Steam client. You know, the piece of software that's supposed to replace the browser for almost everything. Valve really wants to centralize everything internally to have tighter control over that stuff. Just look at the the new discussions page. That's how they are replacing the old SPUF. It doesn't help that the discussions are pretty awful to navigate also.

I really hate the client and most of the UI they produce.

jediyoshi

Hey, that would be great if I could do that from within the Steam client. You know, the piece of software that's supposed to replace the browser for almost everything.

If that was the case it wouldn't be accessible from the web anyway. What interface exactly are you comparing it to that it's letting you down? RPGs where the stores and your inventory aren't in the same window too, right?

Filters are still accessible through the client actually.

Hey, that would be great if I could do that from within the Steam client. You know, the piece of software that's supposed to replace the browser for almost everything.

Valve really wants to centralize everything internally to have tighter control over that stuff. Just look at the the new discussions page. That's how they are replacing the old SPUF. It doesn't help that the discussions are pretty awful to navigate also.

It's exactly the same in the Steam Client, have you checked carefully?
I barely even use the browser, even if the client actually sucks in other ways.

Hey, that would be great if I could do that from within the Steam client. You know, the piece of software that's supposed to replace the browser for almost everything. Valve really wants to centralize everything internally to have tighter control over that stuff. Just look at the the new discussions page. That's how they are replacing the old SPUF. It doesn't help that the discussions are pretty awful to navigate also.

I can access those filters in the client. The client is nothing more than a webbrowser anyway, so there is no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom