• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just played (saw?) Thirty Flights of Loving.

What the actual fuck?

Anyone got a decent explanation to what just happened? A link to an analysis or something?

Play the Director's Commentary and see if that helps you out a bit. It's mostly just an experiment in narrative presentation without using text or signs.

baconcow

Play the Director's Commentary and see if that helps you out a bit. It's mostly just an experiment in narrative presentation without using text or signs.

The prequel was full on signs, nearly on-rails, and short. Interesting, but not worth money. My guess is that the sequel is similar.

Fireblend

Banned
Jase and my dear fellow countrymen:

GMG to the rescue? 30% off voucher, valid for AU/NZ-specific greedy publisher price-gouged items only, valid for 10 years (!): GMGAU-3J9MF-MUINW

Good gesture, that.

I'm not Australian, but damn, if this isn't a fine gesture, I have no idea what it is. I was on the fence on preordering The Cave because I'm short on money, but with this, GMG definitely deserves it. And from now on if I want a game I'm checking GMG first before Steam.

Derrick01

Banned
So apparently you can play euro truck 2 with a 360 controller and...it's actually good? That's what the steam discussion group is saying. I was under the impression there were a lot of buttons or things to check/manage.

oipic

Oops, sorry mate - rarely stray from my subs list when at work (keeps me more, er, focussed), so I'd missed that... Should've known GAF was way ahead of me!

Still, kudos to GMG for showing some initiative on this matter... will probably just lead to an additional % mark-up being whacked on top by publishers to compensate, but we'll see.

Sarcasm

are Sanctum and Krater any good?

I <3 Sanctum yet have to play it much. Will CoOp.

I just got krater..been playing for couple hours. Its fun great charm but has some flaws. Can't get a coop going though..but its not story coop anyways.

I played it for 4 hours straight last night so maybe I'm strange because I didn't play it on the crapper. I think I've almost beat it though...

I've been playing the hell out of it too... it works well as something to play while watching other stuff.

It definitely seems better suited to a touch device, though. I think I'd appreciate it more in shorter bursts, and sliding the rows/columns seems like it would work better on touch.

Alright now that we've got the reasons why sim games shouldn't exist at all out of our system, would something like this control fine with mouse and keyboard? I'm not going to be able to get a wheel for a long time probably but if it's still more than functional then it'll be enough for the time being.

Can't you run your own company in this? I thought I saw something like that but I tried not to spoil too much, although maybe it was just naming the company. I did see there's upgrade trees and quite a bit of truck customization.

I just got and and finished playing for a couple hours.

I haven't played it with mouse and kb but reading the Steam forum it sounds like a lot of people are playing that way and enjoying it. I'm playing using the 360 controller and it works great. It was extremely easy to configure. They did a really good job making it easy to configure controls to your liking.

You start the game working for another company. Then once you've earned enough money you can buy your own truck and start a business. You're also able to hire your own drivers, but I don't know much about that as I haven't been playing that long.

I'm American so the hardest thing for me is driving on the other side of the road.

I haven't been playing long but the couple hours I have played were fun.

JohnDonut

Banned
The Journey Down: I just played it and I thought it was wonderful. Wonderful voice acting with minor quibbles such as audio quality not being standard in parts. Graphics were good, not likely to tax any machine you have as it seems everything is pre-rendered. The humor is good, and it's amusing and cute. The music is very catchy and memorable. Puzzles are easy but there's a little too much backtracking, and it's overall rather short. I wish it was three times as long. It took me about 2 hours.

Overall I'm very excited to see what happens to Bwana and Kito, my new Rastafarian buddies.

Lizardus

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line

Gameplay was generic as hell
Story was good by videogame standards but
the ending with it all being in his head was predictable

Blizzard

Banned
I decided to get Spectraball. The production values look pretty good in the video/screenshots, so hopefully controls don't turn out to be terrible or something.

I mean I've never played The Ball, and I know you might wonder "How great can a puzzle platformer about a ball be", but I figured I'd give it a shot.

The Journey Down: I just played it and I thought it was wonderful. Wonderful voice acting with minor quibbles such as audio quality not being standard in parts. Graphics were good, not likely to tax any machine you have as it seems everything is pre-rendered. The humor is good, and it's amusing and cute. The music is very catchy and memorable. Puzzles are easy but there's a little too much backtracking, and it's overall rather short. I wish it was three times as long. It took me about 2 hours.

Overall I'm very excited to see what happens to Bwana and Kito, my new Rastafarian buddies.

I guess I should try this again now that I have a Steam key for it.
I turned it off after about 30 mins before as I couldn't get past the horrifically over the top voice acting.

Derrick01

Banned
I just got and and finished playing for a couple hours.

I haven't played it with mouse and kb but reading the Steam forum it sounds like a lot of people are playing that way and enjoying it. I'm playing using the 360 controller and it works great. It was extremely easy to configure. They did a really good job making it easy to configure controls to your liking.

You start the game working for another company. Then once you've earned enough money you can buy your own truck and start a business. You're also able to hire your own drivers, but I don't know much about that as I haven't been playing that long.

I'm American so the hardest thing for me is driving on the other side of the road.

I haven't been playing long but the couple hours I have played were fun.

I'm still kind of blown away that the controller works at all let alone great. Like I read that all you have to do is put the accelerate/brake on the triggers but everything else was mapped out great. This seemed like one of those games where there's a hundred buttons for little things in the truck.

VandalD

Does DMC 3 support a 360 controller? Too lazy to pick up the hd collection and plug in my 360.
I've gotten it to work with a PS3 controller and MotionInJoy emulating a 360 controller. Also had to do some INI editing so that the shoulder buttons would work, and so the analog sticks weren't flipped (right stick moves you, left stick is camera? wtf). All that and it runs worse than DMC4. Though, my computer is many years old, so maybe you wouldn't have problems. You're probably better off with the HD collection. I picked up the DMC3&4 pack during the sale because I don't have consoles.

Edit: I should add that I haven't gotten to a part where you get more than one weapon yet, so I'm actually not sure the back shoulder buttons work. So janky.
Edit2: Got the shotgun. Can't switch to it. Well then!
Edit3: Have to emulate a keyboard key with JoyToKey for the back buttons in order to switch guns/devil arms. At least Capcom got much better about PC ports..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well whoever took it without mentioning it ruined it for everyone.

I'm done.

I'm sorry, but we have selected the finest group of assholes to swipe keys from this thread without ever posting anything.

It makes the experience of seeing a keydump quite heartwarming.

Isaccard

I much prefer doing a "whoever replies..." post rather than just posting the keys (even hidden) for that reason. A real shame.

Alot easier than flooding steam threads with lame art contests too.

Replies method forces them to type something which scares away like 65%.

If they're too scared to type for it, they probably didin't want it that much anyway; Same can be said to having to draw some garbage in MS paint.

First to quote, or PM I say.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Only bad people don't have those two games. The only thing worse is having them and not beating them.

So that you can see how Bioshock 2 is a superior game with a superior story and a superior DLC expansion with an even more superior story. Come at me bros.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm going to go ahead and take post 2100 so that you guys don't have to repost anything for being the last post in a page. That's how cool I am.

Anyway, I own both games, but I played only up to the hospital in BS1 and I haven't even installed the other one yet =/ I'm just never in the mood =X

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm going to go ahead and take post 2100 so that you guys don't have to repost anything for being the last post in a page. That's how cool I am.

Anyway, I own both games, but I haven't played them yet =/ I'm just never in the mood =X

When the mood is right you will play them and enjoy them. Just don't play them back to back.

Firehead

Why was NWN2 removed from Steam again? Something about Sega losing rights or something? Will we ever see it on Steam agian, along with NWN? Would go well with all those other D&D RPGs.\

Edit:
Atari, was it? My bad. Dunno why I thought Sega...

Far Cry 3 is one of those Ubisoft games which perfectly demonstrates that content =/= content. I reached the second island and I honestly feel like quitting. Talk about overstaying its welcome.

ShaneB

Latest Idle Thumbs sold me on Miasmata. It sounds pretty damn awesome. Wish I had picked it up during the winter sale, but I’m sure it’ll be on sale again soon, or as been proven time and time again, be in some bundle.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Why was NWN2 removed from Steam again? Something about Sega losing rights or something? Will we ever see it on Steam agian, along with NWN? Would go well with all those other D&D RPGs.

Everyone is hoping that Atari lost the D&D license (at least after they vomit out Neverwinter). Yea that means that NWN2 is hard to find, but it also means that the license might go to someone competant.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Latest Idle Thumbs sold me on Miasmata. It sounds pretty damn awesome. Wish I had picked it up during the winter sale, but I&#8217;m sure it&#8217;ll be on sale again soon, or as been proven time and time again, be in some bundle.

At this rate Primordia will likely appear in a bundle before it's half off on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom