• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far Cry 3 is one of those Ubisoft games which perfectly demonstrates that content =/= content. I reached the second island and I honestly feel like quitting. Talk about overstaying its welcome.

The second island was where the combat actually got interesting. By the time you reach it, you have most upgrades so you don't need to maximize your XP gain by going full stealth. This lets you get creative with the different ways you can attack outposts. Also, the enemies are tougher.

Is there anyone out there that played Bioshock 2 before 1? I think its the better game but one of my main problems with it was that you can only discover rapture once.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Playing BioShock 2 first would be doing oneself a colossal disservice as the original offers a far better perspective of Rapture.

Edit: The exception here being (Bio2 end-game spoiler)
the brief moment you spend as a Little Sister

Playing BioShock 2 first would be doing oneself a colossal disservice as the original offers a far better perspective of Rapture.

Edit: The exception here being (Bio2 end-game spoiler)
the brief moment you spend as a Little Sister

the opening sequence for Bioshock 1 is just incredible. Wish I could do it all over again for the first time

The second island was where the combat actually got interesting. By the time you reach it, you have most upgrades so you don't need to maximize your XP gain by going full stealth. This lets you get creative with the different ways you can attack outposts. Also, the enemies are tougher.

But that's what I've been doing since the beginning of the game...

Blizzard

Banned
Replies method forces them to type something which scares away like 65%.

Alot easier than flooding steam threads with lame art contests too.

If they're too scared to type for it, they probably didin't want it that much anyway; Same can be said to having to draw some garbage in MS paint.

First to quote, or PM I say.

Yeah, I figure they don't deserve it if they don't at least put in the bit of effort to reply. =P You still get lots of responses even if you use PMs or something instead.

But that's what I've been doing since the beginning of the game...

Most folks I know played the first island in stealth to get the XP bonuses. If you feel that you've seen all the combat that the game has to offer, then I guess there's nothing more for you to do. I personally spent my time on the 2nd island base jumping off mountains and landing bang in the middle of enemy outposts. Then I'd use plastic explosives or the Rambo bow or the grenade launcher or the flamethrower or the rocket launcher to wreak havoc on the enemies around.

Latest Idle Thumbs sold me on Miasmata. It sounds pretty damn awesome. Wish I had picked it up during the winter sale, but I’m sure it’ll be on sale again soon, or as been proven time and time again, be in some bundle.

It's kinda intriguing and fun, just a shame that it looks like it was built on the Quake Level Editor.

I'm still kind of blown away that the controller works at all let alone great. Like I read that all you have to do is put the accelerate/brake on the triggers but everything else was mapped out great. This seemed like one of those games where there's a hundred buttons for little things in the truck.

It wasn't all mapped out for me. I set the accelerate/brake to the triggers and started playing. As I needed to use more functions I paused the game and set whatever I needed to a button. So things like turn signals, windscreen wipers, headlights, hazard lights, and camera I configured myself. And as I said, configuration was a breeze.

I still use the keyboard to bring up the GPS and navigate through some of the menus.

HoosTrax

The Football Manager and Shogun characters are a little weird. The TF2 characters as well, considering that's not even a SEGA property...but at least it works ok aesthetically.

Spiral Knights would have meshed better from an aesthetic standpoint imho.

Also -- missed opportunity to give Sonic sneakers to Scout, as a TF2 crossover.

Joe Molotov

Mackiga weekend deal, really Gabe? Really?

wDLVM.jpg

The TF2 characters have such generic looking vehicles.

What happened to 60s styled cars? Or a car based on Pyroland? Or a sapper/sentry themed airplane?

Seems like such a waste

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Probably just picked a name randomly out of the top most played steam games that aren't from valve.

It's not that random. It's one of the only PC-only titles published by Sega (the other being the other PC-only Sega "character" in the game, the Shogun).

DagsJT

Is Magicka worth playing as single player? And does it support drop-in co-op if need be?

I've had the game for ages now, but never played as I'm sure I've read it's near impossible in single player.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wut, the Heavy/Pyro/Spy voices are a little off. I wonder if they didn't get the same voice actors?

And damn, some Sonic Shoes for the Scout would make me preorder this game so hard.

The only thing I ever did in Magicka was create a co-op game with a friend, play for a while and then proceed to kill each other in creative ways for 20 minutes. Tried it twice but never got past that point. It's just too chaotic.

Still don't get the attraction behind Magicka. It seems to be an ARPG, but without loot?

It's just got a crazy spell system that encourages stupid shit to happen. The first guy shot out a death beam made out of fire and lazers that bounced off the second guys rock and water shield that then hit the third guys light mines and they blew up and killed everything. It's just insanity and a lot of fun.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The only thing I ever did in Magicka was create a co-op game with a friend, play for a while and then proceed to kill each other in creative ways for 20 minutes. Tried it twice but never got past that point. It's just too chaotic.

I played the game once to completion. I though ti was really fun and I loved the characters.

I also really liked arena mode, until I figured out that the sure way to win arena mode is just hang on until you get the elemental spell and spawn A MOTHERFUCKING LOAD OF ELEMENTALS - Specially the electric ones. Then you can just electrify them to heal them.

They'll kill everybody for you.

Wut, the Heavy/Pyro/Spy voices are a little off. I wonder if they didn't get the same voice actors?

And damn, some Sonic Shoes for the Scout would make me preorder this game so hard.

apparently Sega's voice actor union doesn't allow non-union voices in Sega games or something, which is why those voices are not the real actors.

Just something I heard, might not be entirely accurate.

Tizoc

You guys complaining now are gonna be loving the game after playing it in its 60 FPS glory. Assuming you complaining cheapskates bought it =V
wILL GET it by the end of the month after I get my payslip, should have enough time to get it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys complaining now are gonna be loving the game after playing it in its 60 FPS glory. Assuming you complaining cheapskates bought it =V
wILL GET it by the end of the month after I get my payslip, should have enough time to get it.

I played it on 360 and all I could see were shortcomings - prepurchased the PC version. Mmmhmm I want it to look nice.

remnant

Banned
Is there anyone out there that played Bioshock 2 before 1? I think its the better game but one of my main problems with it was that you can only discover rapture once.
BioShock 2 is a better game but from what I've seen a lot of people politics and belief line up more with the antagonist in Bio2 than 1 so it kind of gets short thrifted.

1-D_FTW

No. Just that it's listed as also having a retail release at the end of the youtube trailer. So who knows if they're gonna go crazy on that.

Javaman

I wish they would fix the tabs at the top. Half of the time when I click "Store" it doesn't act like I clicked it. Other times the loading circle appears and it doesn't do anything. It's been doing that for years now. Anyone else?

I wish they would fix the tabs at the top. Half of the time when I click "Store" it doesn't act like I clicked it. Other times the loading circle appears and it doesn't do anything. It's been doing that for years now. Anyone else?

I just want a whole new client. Just scrap it and make it not a clunky piece of shit.

1-D_FTW

I just want a whole new client. Just scrap it and make it not a clunky piece of shit.

Or just make BPM not eat resources. Every time I've tried benchmarking a game with/without it running, BPM always loses. Maybe not by much, but it's still a no-go for me until this changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom