• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Just that it's listed as also having a retail release at the end of the youtube trailer. So who knows if they're gonna go crazy on that.

For PC games, "retail release" doesn't really mean much. For example, Audiosurf, Binding of Issac and Frozen Synapse all had retail releases (admittedly some time after launch, but still).

KNT-Zero

Please just let it be a non-uPlay game... the chances are like 0 but still.

Might be uplay at first, then Ubisoft will have to publish it on Steam due to low sales and because they are kind of stupid. Kind of like what happened with I Am Alive ("We are not gonna release this game on PC" -> yeah right! LOL)

Rapstah

The Football Manager character is easily the best out of those. The TF2 ones have terrible vehicles and seem to use soundalikes for the voice clips and the Shogun one is pretty creative, but Football Manager is so unexpected it kind of wins.

Might be uplay at first, then Ubisoft will have to publish it on Steam due to low sales and because they are kind of stupid. Kind of like what happened with I Am Alive ("We are not gonna release this game on PC" -> yeah right! LOL)

I think it'll be released on Steam anyway, the question was whether the uPlay client is mandatory like in all their recent games.

1-D_FTW

Maniaplanet's a lot worse than uplay and Trackmania 2 still isn't on Steam. Wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

EDIT: Although, yes, I do expect this to sell on Steam.

Eternia

any Magicka DLC worth it? or just go w/ the bundle?
Mind as well just go for the bundle. All the meaningful content DLC (Dungeons and Daemons, The Other Side of the Coin, The Stars Are Left, Vietnam) + base game will only save about $1 versus just buying the current complete pack.

I can't say that I think every piece of DLC listed above is worth the price for everyone but I really enjoy Magicka and have people to play with so I'm usually up for any content. They range from 30 minutes to a couple of hours depending on how smoothly you make it through them, longer if you're a completionist. Only the host requires it for the group to play which is a plus.

derExperte

Is Steam horribly slow for anyone else? It's been that way for a while now. Oh and Community isn't available.

Okay, now it's recovering...

A friend of mine cant buy Dark Souls on Steam because it says its no available in his region, can I gift him a copy? Will it let him activate it and play it?

Yes to both, I'm not aware of any region locks.

Thats great I hope you are right and he can activate it

Dark Souls is region locked for me (Costa Rica). Is your friend in Latam, zepher?

Yep, he is in Latin America, no idea why Namco hates money and decided to block it.

I mean locked in the sense that you can't gift it or buy a key at Amazon.com and not activate it anywhere. Only the Russian version is restricted to run only with an IP from there. http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/search/Search.name:Dark Souls

Sweet, so that means I can gift it to him, right?

Trez

Neo Member
I just realized i'll never have enough time in my life to complete all the games I own..
Not if I keep playing the multiplayer ones..

cough *looks at time spent on M&B Warband* cough

derExperte

Oh. Are there any games with a lock like that?

Not many and if one is it gets mentioned here. Dead Island from amazon.com is an example afair.

Sweet, so that means I can gift it to him, right?

Maybe GFWL could be a problem if it's not available in his country. Surely there are ways around this but I can't help you there. Steam itself won't be a problem though. Unless you're gifting from Russia.

Not many and if one is it gets mentioned here. Dead Island from amazon.com is an example afair.

Maybe GFWL could be a problem if it's not available in his country. Surely there are ways around this but I can't help you there. Steam itself won't be a problem though. Unless you're gifting from Russia.

Wont be a problem, we play Dirt 3 over GFWL, as a matter of fact, GFWL is so shitty that If I want to play with him AND some other Canadian friends (like me), I have to get him to host the party otherwise it wont work.

Thanks for th ehelp.

Ledsen

Still don't get the attraction behind Magicka. It seems to be an ARPG, but without loot?

Before Diablo, ARPGs weren't about loot. Being fun to play was enough. Japanese ARPGs still don't really have "loot" in the way most people mean. Personally I don't care about loot so I'm happy when ARPGs focus on other things instead.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mackiga weekend deal, really Gabe? Really?

wDLVM.jpg
Man I didn't understand anything about it but I really loved Hannah

JohnDonut

Banned
subjectively
Yep that's what I said. Meaning of the opinion rather than based on factual reasoning.

To be honest, think of it like voting on a game on greenlight (which this game was on apparently). I don't even read the description, I just look at a picture or two and go NOPE/YES

Caerith

Yep that's what I said. Meaning of the opinion rather than based on factual reasoning.

To be honest, think of it like voting on a game on greenlight (which this game was on apparently). I don't even read the description, I just look at a picture or two and go NOPE/YES
Oh man, could you imagine what democracy would be like if voters were determinedly uninformed?

It wouldn't kill you to play the demo before dedicating your life to telling people how bad this game might possibly be. Probably.

JohnDonut

Banned
Oh man, could you imagine what democracy would be like if voters were determinedly uninformed?

It wouldn't kill you to play the demo before dedicating your life to telling people how bad this game might possibly be. Probably.
Well you can watch the giantbomb video as well. I don't see a demo in steam though.

fwiw i got about 15 minutes into the giantbomb video and decided it was way too boring. If I could ram the other cars or something, that would be mildly entertaining.

nah he already clicked nope

Well you can watch the giantbomb video as well. I don't see a demo in steam though.

fwiw i got about 15 minutes into the giantbomb video and decided it was way too boring. If I could ram the other cars or something, that would be mildly entertaining.

So you have the attention span of a gnat. Also it's funny becasue at exactly 15:08 they ram a car.

Caerith

Well, at least you tried. Put it out of your mind and go play Hotline Miami instead.

JohnDonut

Banned
nah he already clicked nope

So you have the attention span of a gnat. Also it's funny becasue at exactly 15:08 they ram a car.
I didn't sit and watch 15 minutes one second after the other, I watched collectively 15 minutes as one would sift through a video looking for the "good parts". There doesn't really seem to be any drive (hah) no urge to complete something. Even Eufloria, one of the most chill games had more...excitement? than what I saw. Maybe I don't have the right adjectives but I assume you can get the idea.

Well, at least you tried. Put it out of your mind and go play Hotline Miami instead.
Alright, though fwiw I don't like Hotline Miami either.

Caerith

I didn't sit and watch 15 minutes one second after the other, I watched collectively 15 minutes as one would sift through a video looking for the "good parts". There doesn't really seem to be any drive (hah) no urge to complete something. Even Eufloria, one of the most chill games had more...excitement? than what I saw. Maybe I don't have the right adjectives but I assume you can get the idea.

Alright, though fwiw I don't like Hotline Miami either.
What's not to like with Hotline Miami? I thought you wanted a game with Drive.

JohnDonut

Banned
What's not to like with Hotline Miami? I thought you wanted a game with Drive.
I can see why people like it, and I kind of like it myself. However the integral gameplay mechanic it has going on is not something I enjoy.

That is to say, I find the enemy being as strong as me is something I find more frustrating than challenging.

Caerith

I can see why people like it, and I kind of like it myself. However the integral gameplay mechanic it has going on is not something I enjoy.

That is to say, I find the enemy being as strong as me is something I find more frustrating than challenging.
You know, between Hotline, FTL, and Dark Souls, I've been playing Darksiders II. There's a stark difference between them; the first three feel like actual video games, whereas I could probably beat Darksiders rolling my face on the gamepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom