• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

I was just looking at community contribution numbers on Steam. Anyone find any games with no contributions? Lowest I can find is Big Brain Wolf, which has one. That's so sad. Someone should post some screenshots of it.

I played Big Brain Wolf, but it was back before screenshots were a thing.

Blizzard

Banned
I believe:
Every time someone mentions SiN episodes I feel a little sad. It wasn't the best game ever or anything, but it's an empty hollow feeling to see the start of a series that never made it all the way through. I think there were some interesting AI things tried in that game as well.

*HL3/ep3 joke goes here :p*

Wok

Is there a difference between these two items in my inventory?
  • Dota 2 - Gift
  • Dota 2 Early Access Gift - Winter Sale 2012

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should be re-resurgence but yes would be awesome

Re-re-re-re-re-re-resurgence! (One "re" for ever year since Emergence. :p)

Every time someone mentions SiN episodes I feel a little sad. It wasn't the best game ever or anything, but it's an empty hollow feeling to see the start of a series that never made it all the way through. I think there were some interesting AI things tried in that game as well.

*HL3/ep3 joke goes here :p*

I still need to finish it, actually. I stopped part way through as I intended to play through the original SiN, having loved it back in the day; true to form, however, that never happened.

jediyoshi

Seems no Microsoft sales at Amazon for today's update. Just another THQ pack for Deal of the Week.

Eligible for the EC credit, goes down to $21.89

Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor
Company of Heroes Game of the Year
Darksiders II
Darksiders
Homefront
MX vs ATV Reflex
Metro 2033
Nexuiz
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerrilla
Saints Row 2
Saints Row: The Third
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Titan Quest Gold
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution

Sober

Well and then you have "flinch" which is what is causing some of the problems in Halo 4 right now.

Suppression is a cool concept. If they miss you it should only affect your vision, but your aim should not be affected at all.

The spread on your bullets should be completely unaffected.

And it is arguable your way as well where it only goes in affect on hit. But it still shouldn't affect your aim, only your vision.

In case you don't know what we are talking about. Right now, when someone fires around you then you become suppressed. Your vision changes and your bullets exact your gun at a random trajectory within your crosshair.
There should be some small blur, I think it's okay but they could dial it back a bit.

What they should've done was copy Brothers in Arms (the first two) and have you flinch when a bullet flies by you, so trying to counter being shot at with trying to ADS counterfire would be a bad idea/very hard.

Eligible for the EC credit, goes down to $21.89

Company of Heroes - Tales of Valor
Company of Heroes Game of the Year
Darksiders II
Darksiders
Homefront
MX vs ATV Reflex
Metro 2033
Nexuiz
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerrilla
Saints Row 2
Saints Row: The Third
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Titan Quest Gold
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution

CoH:TOV is listed as Steam, but CoH gold is not. Likewise, one of the Red Factions is listed as Steam, theo ther is not. Darksiders II also not listed as steam, but DS is. Are some of those oversights, or are they just really fuckin inconsistent?

JaseC

CoH:TOV is listed as Steam, but CoH gold is not. Likewise, one of the Red Factions is listed as Steam, theo ther is not. Darksiders II also not listed as steam, but DS is. Are some of those oversights, or are they just really fuckin inconsistent?

Everything bar CoH GoTY activates on Steam. Amazon's product system is simply not conducive to sales of digital content and little has been done to improve it. Also, Tony seems to have marked down the wrong pack: on CAG he linked to the THQ Holiday 2012 Complete Pack which has a slightly different mixture of DRM, while the discount has apparently been applied to the nearly identical THQ Mega Pack.

Why very much? I liked Case Zero and bought DR2 instead of OTR, and I wanted to see Chuck's story. Was it a mistake?

Not a mistake, if you enjoy the game it is worth playing Chuck's story and whilst the gameplay style didn't quite gel with me, it is worth a go because I have heard plenty of people really liked it.

When choosing only one though, I think OTR is the better buy because they are much the same except:

* It has a lot of new minor content like weapons/combos/enemies some tweaks to the graphics and a new zone
* The added sandbox mode is great fun
* Better coop/multiplayer if that is your thing

Personal opinion time (I think these are pretty common opinions however some people will strongly disagree because DR2 was just "their thing")

* The time/management aspects were toned down making it much more enjoyable
* The protagonist is a lot more fun to play around with given the nature of the game

baconcow

I would be interested in buying Red Faction Guerrilla from someone who picks up the pack and doesn't want it. It is the only game I have missed out on, so far.

JaseC

This is what I thought too. But the items have still not appeared in the inventory.

Have you loaded the game since redeeming/purchasing the Early Access Pack? Assuming it's the same as TF2 in this regard, you need to run the game for any new promo items to appear in your inventory.

Wok

Have you loaded the game since redeeming/purchasing the Early Access Pack? Assuming it's the same as TF2 in this regard, you need to run the game for any new promo items to appear in your inventory.

Yep. I have tried playing a bit too. I think I got the "special" invite because I activated a Valve Complete pack.

JaseC

Yep. I have tried playing a bit too. I think I got the "special" invite because I activated a Valve Complete pack.

Yeah, the Complete Pack includes the EAP rather than just a standard invite. Odd that the items aren't showing up.

Both child's play to the majesty of Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.

Haha, I think I've played HL2:DM no more than twice.

Deques

Guys anything new about our "Bethesda New Year Collection" keys from GamersGate ? anyone managed to grab them ?

I contacted the support whether I can repurchase the bundle or not, since I got one key before it was canceled. They replied to me only saying that they are not putting the bundle back for sale again. Doesn't answer my question at all

I never did get around to completing Mark of the Ninja, and judging from the results it needed all the help it could get. :(

Funny you mention MotN. I scrapped my first list because I hadn't finished it yet and ended up forgetting about it :( It would have been my GOTY.

JaseC

Funny you mention MotN. I scrapped my first list because I hadn't finished it yet and ended up forgetting about it :( It would have been my GOTY.

Yeah, it would've been the one and only game I voted for as there was no 2012 game I played to completion that I deemed GoTY material.

Edit: Oh, I suppose Sleeping Dogs would have claimed second place. Forgot it existed for a while there. :p

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I decided to give S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Complete 2009 (2012) another shot but occasionally my game borks like this:
iE7pn2Bs4ibZB.bmp
I don't get it, it looks almost intentional the way those letters show up, is it some kind of dodgy DRM? I don't think it's my GPU overheating, it wasn't too hot when it happened, but I'll try to vsync the game so it doesn't overwork it too much, getting to 200 fps on occasion etc. This has happened twice now. Thankfully quick saving works and I can then exit the game with Alt+F4 but if it happens during some firefight I won't risk saving while not seeing what's happening. Any thoughts? I didn't want to revive OT.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There should be some small blur, I think it's okay but they could dial it back a bit.

What they should've done was copy Brothers in Arms (the first two) and have you flinch when a bullet flies by you, so trying to counter being shot at with trying to ADS counterfire would be a bad idea/very hard.
BIA's implementation was terrible too. I was thrilled when they more or less got rid of it in Hell's Highway.

JaseC

I decided to give S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Complete 2009 (2012) another shot but occasionally my game borks like this:

I don't get it, it looks almost intentional the way those letters show up, is it some kind of dodgy DRM? I don't think it's my GPU overheating, it wasn't too hot when it happened, but I'll try to vsync the game so it doesn't overwork it too much, getting to 200 fps on occasion etc. This has happened twice now. Thankfully quick saving works and I can then exit the game with Alt+F4 but if it happens during some firefight I won't risk saving while not seeing what's happening. Any thoughts? I didn't want to revive OT.

That looks like a giant mishmash of texture data, in which case it's most certainly your GPU acting up. Run a stress test such as Furmark for ~10 minutes and see if it also exhibits artefacts.

Edit: Lucius is 70% off ($7.50) for another 18 hours over at GG. While not Steam-redeemable, it is DRM-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom