• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

are tomb raider anniversary, under world, and legend worth picking up?
Anniversary is good, Underworld is pretty good, and Legend kinda sucked imo.

For Legend, you'll probably have to turn off "Next-Generation Content" as it's completely unoptimized and made some sections unplayable due to graphical glitches for me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yes, turn off "Next-Generation Content"

It was a gimmick for nvidia and fucks up the art.

Tizoc

are tomb raider anniversary, under world, and legend worth picking up?

Yes, Legend and anniversary are great 3D Action/adventure games with good Platforming segments, primarely Anniversary.
EDIT: NVM, sorry I just recently checked Steam, it was opening slow for me ^_^;

Dice

But the controls in Legend are more advanced. It'll feel like taking a step back even though the levels are nicer.

Dice

They're around 15 hours each and feel satisfying when you're done. That's part of what makes them great.

Wok

I added 50 to my funds and ended up having to pay 64. That's 28% more.

Pay with your credit card through Paypal.

This way, when I pay in dollars, I get charged in euros, and the only additional cost is the foreign exchange rate of Paypal, which is still in my disfavour but better than the FX rate of my bank. From the point of view of my bank, the transaction is only in euros.

MW7srHc.png

It is time to make some money.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pay with your credit card through Paypal.

This way, when I pay in dollars, I get charged in euros, and the only additional cost is the foreign exchange rate of Paypal, which is still in my disfavour but better than the FX rate of my bank. From the point of view of my bank, the transaction is only in euros.

MW7srHc.png

It is time to make some money.
wow these things sell fast.

Danj

Is there a thread for that Community Market thing anywhere? I noticed when looking at my inventory the other day that I apparently have two things that are Marketable, a Pip-boy and a Companion Cube pin, are they worth anything?

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there a thread for that Community Market thing anywhere? I noticed when looking at my inventory the other day that I apparently have two things that are Marketable, a Pip-boy and a Companion Cube pin, are they worth anything?
Unfortunately for both of us, no :p

You might get like a dollar for each.

Danj

Unfortunately for both of us, no :p

You might get like a dollar for each.

Ah, fair enough, don't think I'll bother then. I don't really play TF2 much these days... had some games with friends when Mann vs Machine first came out but that has stopped lately, so, yeah. Hats.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Currently, Companion Cube pins start at $1.20 (231 listed), while Pip-Boys start at $1.69 (300 listed).

What I did when I listed my stuff was settle on a price point that, at the time, would mean the item would sit just off the bottom of the first page; this was a couple of weeks ago and I've sold roughly USD$67 worth of items since.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah, fair enough, don't think I'll bother then. I don't really play TF2 much these days... had some games with friends when Mann vs Machine first came out but that has stopped lately, so, yeah. Hats.
I just put pretty much everything for .50 cents except the hats and got a couple bucks off it.

Somehow i feel bad. I played TF2 1 year constantly (had like 1000 hours in it) and didnt got one hat. Now i wanna sell all my items and they are worth nearly nothing.

At least my Dota2 Items are more worth after playing the game 100 hours.

Got all my keys, but my bro doesn't want the other 9 of them in the bundle lol. OK. Kinda regret getting him Skyrim and New Vegas if he was gonna flake on the rest of the bundle for payment lol. Extra keys, gotta figure what to do with them.

Got all my keys, but my bro doesn't want the other 9 of them in the bundle lol. OK. Kinda regret getting him Skyrim and New Vegas if he was gonna flake on the rest of the bundle for payment lol. Extra keys, gotta figure what to do with them.

Sell them or give them away. May do a give-away-game.

cicero

Finally got and activated the rest of the GamersGate Bethesda Bundle codes for the games I hadn't already bought...feels so good.

I still have just under £30 in my Steam wallet, over from when I loaded it up during the winter sales. I'm either gonna go for Devil May Cry or The Cave. I'm leaning towards DMC, I've only ever played the first one, but loved it, and I do really like the look and style of the remake. Though, reading up above it seems the game hasn't been properly unlocked yet.

szaromir

Banned
GoG's Tomb Raider 1+2+3 bundle is $9.99 whereas the three games bought separately on Steam comes to $7.47.
How is Steam version though? Usually GOG does a great job of making ancient games playable on modern rigs, Steam on the other hand... Plus GOG is DRM free so that's a plus.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
It really is. I wish Terry would add some nice local tournament mode support, I'd like to crank this shit on a projector at a LAN and get a tourney going.

If you go to options there is an arcade mode where it allows local highscores.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How is Steam version though? Usually GOG does a great job of making ancient games playable on modern rigs, Steam on the other hand...

Virtually all of the older games added to Steam in recent times are the GoG versions, and the older Tomb Raider games fall into this category.

Plus GOG is DRM free so that's a plus.

They're DRM-free on Steam, too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How is Steam version though? Usually GOG does a great job of making ancient games playable on modern rigs, Steam on the other hand... Plus GOG is DRM free so that's a plus.

Most of these ancient games are DRM free on Steam too, as in they can be started without opening Steam.

And if we are going by the Thief releases, Steam and GOG put up literally the exact same folder setup. The only thing you get with GOG is wallpapers and shit.

FU Jasec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom