• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamersgate seems to have restocked keys for the Bethesda Pack. First person to quote this post with the game they want gets it:

Morrowind GOTY
Oblivion GOTY
Fallout 3 GOTY
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Rage

Caerith

I've heard pretty good stuff about it but from what I gather, the free version is very limited.

I've been using GameMaker these past two weeks and it seems pretty capable and it has a HTML5 version too ($100).
Are you using the free version of GameMaker? What sort of limitations does it have? How is your pixel art Metroidvania tower defense with physics puzzles going?

Nabs

GMG Steam deals (20% off GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK):

Alan Wake - $7.48 ($5.99 with coupon code)

Batman: Arkham City GOTY - $7.48 ($5.99 with coupon code)

War in the North - $4.99 ($4.00 with coupon code)

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation - $6.79 ($5.44 with coupon code)

The Book of Unwritten Tales - $6.79 ($5.44 with coupon code)

Other sales: MK Arcade Kollection, Starvoid, Spellforce Complete and Death Rally.

Anyone else not able to launch the Mac version of Steam?

PS. Chivalry is remarkably awesome, and runs amazingly well. I guess the Unreal engine is just incredibly optimized.

HoosTrax

Wtf is this I don't even...

51046961.png

Hellix

Anyone know why one would get this message when trying to put an item on the market: "You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market"?

It's a vintage item I had on sale previously, but I took it off to resell it at a different price. I have not had anywhere close to 200 transactions on the market, unless removing and listing items on the market is considered a transaction.

kennah

Anyone else not able to launch the Mac version of Steam?

PS. Chivalry is remarkably awesome, and runs amazingly well. I guess the Unreal engine is just incredibly optimized.

I thought it took an extra long time to launch for me today. I just let it sit and it eventually opened fine.

Only took about 5 minutes with the demo for me to confirm that TR:Anniversary was as good as I remembered it and not being shaded with nostalgia goggles. Bought.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wtf is this I don't even...

The hell is that? In maybe related news my X3 Albion Prelude just decided to redownload itself, all 6.2GB of it, for...little reason it seems? Anyone else affected?

Zeth

What's the deal with the coupon for Arkham, something I need to have previously acquired? Think I'll grab it anyway.

esai

GMG Steam deals (20% off GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK):

Alan Wake - $7.48 ($5.99 with coupon code).
Will buy once I get home. Have the 360 version but never finished it.

Also, I'll ask again. If anyone wants to sell a dishonored key I'm looking to buy.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you using the free version of GameMaker? What sort of limitations does it have? How is your pixel art Metroidvania tower defense with physics puzzles going?
I bought the Professional edition for $35 during one of the flash sales so I have no experience with the free version, but since since it caps your room and objects count, it's mostly like a demo rather than a full fledged free version (like, say, Unity's).

I went with the Pro edition because it had SVN support, unlimited assets (though Personal has that too) and because it was pretty cheap, really.

As for my game, it's just a sort of Space Invaders clone and I'm drawing programmer art spaceships with no respect for any basic pixelart rules and basically making goofy laser beams and other guns while I discover new stuff about the engine every day.

iNgerqBincPpK.PNG

The purple hue shift ship is meant to resemble the helmet from Fallout 2's enclave power armor a bit :p

Really, I'm impressed with Game Maker because I feels like the best mix of drag and drop and actual high-level coding I've ever seen, even if the scripting language is pretty basic and the map editor is pretty bad. It seems to be in constant development so they might improve those things, though.

So bottomline, if you're good at programming, you probably will dread GM but for lesser mortals that just enjoy making games and can hold their own with the ifs and the whiles then it seems very much alright.

Also it has cheevos.

Zeth

Any recommendations for Sleeping Dogs DLC? I'm already in love with this game, and I'm actually enjoying it with KB+mouse.

MNC

Any recommendations for Sleeping Dogs DLC? I'm already in love with this game, and I'm actually enjoying it with KB+mouse.

Nightmare in Northpoint and tournament DLC are the only story DLC so I can only recommend that. I usually pretty much dislike all armor/weapon/vehicle DLC (so I do not have a proper opinion on the Sleeping Dogs DLC of that)

1-D_FTW

I wish it wasn't a mistake :/

The beauty of Steam mistakes like this, 100 percent somehow always equates to -.01. Which obviously prevents the computer from executing it. Considering Valve honors their mistakes, it's a nice bit of programming to prevent free runs on games.

Although QC sucks and the guy just lucked out. Not worth the stain on the library.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the latest Steam beta seems to have stealthily added the ability to save an uncompressed PNG screenshot to a separate folder. You can find the option in Settings>In-Game.

QC isn't even bad enough to warrant so much shit thrown on it. Yeah it's not that great, especially when compared to portal but come on already.

Anyone could help me?

I bought Far Cry 3 on Amazon 2 days ago. It registered on Steam just fine.

Downloaded and installed. When starting it, Uplay opens and asks for CD Key.

I try the Amazon one. Doesnt work. I see that if I right-click on the game on Steam it gives me an option to see a CD key.

However, if I click on it, it says Retrieving key and nothing happens. No error message. It just says that.

I have opened a ticket with Ubisoft and Steam, but its been 2 days and still no reply from either.

What can I do? Help! :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
QC isn't even bad enough to warrant so much shit thrown on it. Yeah it's not that great, especially when compared to portal but come on already.

In the same way that eating Styrofoam isn't as bad as eating medical waste, yes. It isn't that bad.

But, then again, most things are relative, I suppose.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In the same way that eating Styrofoam isn't as bad as eating medical waste, yes. It isn't that bad.

But, then again, most things are relative, I suppose.
I really missed your poetry when describing games you don't like. I'm sorry for you, but I wish there were many more games you also hate, just so I can rejoice with such fine display of imagination and epicness.

So far, nothing beats your magnificent description of Borderlands 2. But I know you can surpass it, I'm cheering for you!

bigace33

I know this is the Steam thread, but a heads up to those of you who got the Bethesda codes from Gamersgate, they are finally releasing them. I finally got my Dishonored steam code. Downloading now.

2726386_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom