• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having issues with Steam right now? I tried logging in but it says Steam needs to update, but was set to offline mode. I've done the perfunctory deleting of clientregistry.blob, but no success. Any help?

Viperik

Banned
So no. I'm conflicted on buying dragonborn on day 1 or waiting for it to be on sale.

Do you have a lot of mods installed that tweak gameplay in some way? There's probably gonna be conflicts so it's best to wait it out for a few weeks.

If not, Dragonborn is worth the price of admission.

esai

Do you have a lot of mods installed that tweak gameplay in some way? There's probably gonna be conflicts so it's best to wait it out for a few weeks.

If not, Dragonborn is worth the price of admission.
Most of my mods are visual effects, immersive armors and weapons, cloaks, and skyui. I'm thinking I'll try and hold out and play through the backlog.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Y'all think the Dead Space Collection will get a sale as the date for DS3 approaches? Waited during the Winter Sale to no avail...

DS3 won't be released on Steam, so I doubt you'll see anything promoting it. On Origin it seems likely.

The Darkness II is a blast with the more powers you collect. I don't even mind how boxed in the levels are now that I can toss black holes around (sound dirty but feels soo right).

esai

The Darkness II is a blast with the more powers you collect. I don't even mind how boxed in the levels are now that I can toss black holes around (sound dirty but feels soo right).
It makes me wish the first one was on steam. I hope a third one is made. The coop is also lots of fun.

to hitman or not to hitman. ive never played any of them but the new one looked kinda cool.

You should just get Blood money, it's the better game and much cheaper than Absolution. Holds up pretty well too, aside from a lack of controller support.

1-D_FTW

DS3 won't be released on Steam, so I doubt you'll see anything promoting it. On Origin it seems likely.

I don't know. Seems like something that's gonna suck and bomb pretty hard. I'd actually be surprised if it didn't eventually show up. EA probably only wants to sacrifice revenue if it's something that can actually drive Origin traffic. That abomination isn't likely to do that.

Berto

Just finished Anna. Man that was awful, I was expecting more Amnesia vibes, what I got was nonsensical puzzles and extreme jank. I walkthrough that shit on the latter half.

KingKong

I would recommend Hitman: Absolution for that price, it's not at all like Blood Money (it's actually closer to Hitman 2 if anything) but it's a pretty good third person shooter and the graphics and art style are fantastic

BosSin

I have made too many impulse buys recently to justify purchasing hitman absolution

Edit: Argh, they have also put Dawnguard on sale. STOP TEMPTING ME

esai

i feel so weak looking at the prices. i havent played anything that i bought except for skyrim, sleeping dogs, ftl, and some xcom. oh, and some hotline here and there. i really want far cry 3 though.

Derrick01

Banned
Absolution is hot steamy garbage. It's a horrible hitman game and taken by itself it's still an extremely sub par game full of ultra linear levels and 4 levels that are essentially 1 room or just a cutscene. Do not buy at any price.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Absolution is hot steamy garbage. It's a horrible hitman game and taken by itself it's still an extremely sub par game full of ultra linear levels and 4 levels that are essentially 1 room or just a cutscene. Do not buy at any price.
sweet vindication

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

EMT0

Banned
Yeah from Derrick who thinks everything is shit and leaps at the chance to say so. Real victory there.

Well, at least no matter how Absolution turns out, when I get around to playing it, it won't have cost me due to coming bundled with my GPU.

While I can sort of understand some of Derrick's critiques, others just read like sensationalism.

Kerub

Banned

You kind of make want to buy Absolution.

catabarez

I am having a problem with Assassin's Creed 3 now :/ (damn you Ubisoft). Every time I launch the game I get a black screen and I have to launch the task manager to close it. Is there a way to fix it?

You kind of make want to buy Absolution.

From watching YouTube videos, it appears to be far closer to Splinter Cell Conviction than any Hitman game. I'll happy admit that I haven't played the game, but still Absolution looks almost completely unlike a Hitman game.

We have all seen that Antichamber is out on 31st, is anyone doing an OT? Reckon this game will deserve one.
aKmvzMs.jpg

REV 09

Just picked up Absolution. Wasn't expecting that low of a price for it. I'm not the biggest Hitman fan so any tweaks to the formula are fine by me.

wilflare

blah. seems like there's no Sleeping Dog price mistake this time round.

does anyone keep getting notification from Steam to update to the 17 Jan 2013 update?
I have updated and restarted at least thrice now but the update keeps popping up

KingKong

I bought Syndicate and Im downloading ir from Origin and wow, their servers are blazing fast. im dling at 6 mbs and Steam rarely gets above 2.5

ohsnap at 7.4 now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom