• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
From watching YouTube videos, it appears to be far closer to Splinter Cell Conviction than any Hitman game. I'll happy admit that I haven't played the game, but still Absolution looks almost completely unlike a Hitman game.

It is much closer to a (bad) splinter cell game than Hitman. There are 20 missions (4 take a total of 20 minutes though) but many of the missions are split up into 3+ areas with checkpoints. There are maybe 3-4 traditional Hitman areas in the game and they are extremely small with not as many creative kill options. The rest of the game is split up into a bunch of splinter cell-ish areas with way too many guards in each tiny area. This wouldn't be as big of a problem if the disguise system wasn't completely broken.

Like I said you're not even going to get a good stealth game out of this let alone a good Hitman game. It's really not worth the money and time.

BadAss2961

It is much closer to a (bad) splinter cell game than Hitman. There are 20 missions (4 take a total of 20 minutes though) but many of the missions are split up into 3+ areas with checkpoints. There are maybe 3-4 traditional Hitman areas in the game and they are extremely small with not as many creative kill options. The rest of the game is split up into a bunch of splinter cell-ish areas with way too many guards in each tiny area. This wouldn't be as big of a problem if the disguise system wasn't completely broken.

Like I said you're not even going to get a good stealth game out of this let alone a good Hitman game. It's really not worth the money and time.
I might still like the game, but that's very disappointing.

jdavid459

Can you guys recommend me awesome - 360 controller enabled multiplayer games? That I won't get wrecked in because kb m is superior.

ezekial45

Banned
That price for Hitman sure is tempting. My PC isn't in a condition to play anything, but I'd like to get when it's at a good price.

How is this game for a fairly newcomer? I played Contracts a long, long time ago, but I didn't like it. This game looks pretty interesting, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know. Seems like something that's gonna suck and bomb pretty hard. I'd actually be surprised if it didn't eventually show up. EA probably only wants to sacrifice revenue if it's something that can actually drive Origin traffic. That abomination isn't likely to do that.

The only EA-related games that have appeared/re-appeared on Steam since Origin's launch are those published via EA Partners. EA's own titles -- that is, those developed by EA studios and published by EA itself -- will remain exclusive to Origin... unless interest in the service begins to wane. On a similar note, Dragon Age 2 never reappeared on Steam despite its post-release content support drying up in late 2011.

That's like the last game you'd recommend to not get wrecked in, due to all the stick/pad pros online.

And Castle Crashers, Critter Crunch, Worms Revolution, XCom and upcoming Sonic Racing Transformed are good multiplayer pad games.

REV 09

Hitman is a crashfest. Was crashing at the start screen....now I can't get through 15 minutes of the prologue without more crashes. Hate pc gaming sometimes....gotta research the shit myself tomorrow.

RedSwirl

I rented Absolution and checked out like the first three missions and I actually felt like it was okay. Definitely not Blood Money and definitely not a great stealth game, but an okay one, and was willing to get it on a sub-$20 deal. Plus I really like its audiovisual presentation and was impressed with the graphics even on Xbox. I probably wouldn't play it until I got my next computer though.

I would recommend Hitman: Absolution for that price, it's not at all like Blood Money (it's actually closer to Hitman 2 if anything) but it's a pretty good third person shooter and the graphics and art style are fantastic

This is more or less how I felt. From what I played, Absolution doesn't betray Blood Money's legacy nearly as much as Conviction betrays Chaos Theory's. It feels like a Hitman game that's been compressed, not necessarily dumbed down.

JaseC

Apparently, Squeenix has two versions of Mensa Academy on Steam: one titled American Mensa Academy for the US and another titled just Mensa Academy for other territories. They're two different games (as far as Steam is concerned, anyway) and the former is currently half off over at Amazon.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
You and me both! It's almost 3 am over here! Wish that Fable bundle would go up too :/

Yeah, I'm sure I have at least 2 discounts left and would love the Fable bundle too, but will be snapping the MS Arcade bundle the moment it comes up.

I wonder how long it'll last, considering the price/content, it's going to be quite popular.

JaseC

Haha, I got in just in time!

Order Summary:
Order # <snip>
Subtotal of Items: $9.99
Discounts/Promotions - $5.00
------
Total before Tax: $4.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
------
Total for this Order: $4.99

Edit: The page is still showing $9.99 for me. Might be a cache issue if the page is displaying the regular price.

mrgone

What the.. I just bought it at $4.99 (I think!), but it's showing up at $69.95 again. Er.. Now I guess I have to verify I didn't just spend $70 :eek:

edit: and it's back at $9.99 :D

JaseC

Really? I just bought it for $5, with the coupon.
What the.. I just bought it at $4.99 (I think!), but it's showing up at $69.95 again. Er.. Now I guess I have to verify I didn't just spend $70 :eek:

edit: and it's back at $9.99 :D

Are you two seeing keys in your software library? I'm not.

Edit: It seems the bundle went live prematurely.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, in fact I just redeemed them all on Steam. Well, every game but Mark of the Ninja, as I already had it.

You know what? First one to quote me with their favorite song will get it right away.

Yes, in fact I just redeemed them all on Steam. Well, every game but Mark of the Ninja, as I already had it.

You know what? First one to quote me with their favorite song will get it right away.

edit: nvm, I thought you said you wanted mark of the ninja and not the others, already got it to, read a little too fast :)

JaseC

I think the bundle went live before all the keys were added, as others are reporting a lack thereof.

Edit:
That's a big 'no' on the codes. Heck, I can't even see the my codes from other games that I previously purchased.

Ah, yeah, now that you mention it, neither am I.

Press view key, then the option will disappear. Go to "Your account/your games/software library" and it should now appear. May need to do that process for all of them.

That's how I got them to appear anyway.

mrgone

I am, but I need to refresh to get the "view key" button to appear, then refresh again to get the keys to show up for each one

Stop It

They're coming back when you refresh, Amazon is being hammered it seems.

JaseC

Press view key, then the option will disappear. Go to "Your account/your games/software library" and it should now appear. May need to do that process for all of them.

That's how I got them to appear anyway.

I don't have a "View key" button.

Edit:
I am, but I need to refresh to get the "view key" button to appear, then refresh again to get the keys to show up for each one
They're coming back when you refresh, Amazon is being hammered it seems.

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I'll wait until things cool down a bit.

Stop It

Yeah, me neither. No keys or "view key" for anything anymore.

Sadness! That overload!

Yeah, it became clear it was a load issue when all of my other keys went too, not just the bundle ones. So long as you've actually bought it, I'm sure keys will be allocated to you, so you're probably safe but I can see this bundle not lasting long at all given the effects of it so far.

mannerbot

Why did you edit your reply? You first posted Nas - It Ain't Hard to Tell, right? That means you won the game, as Kutthoat already has it. Do you want it? If so, I'll PM you the key.

Oh, I edited it because I was waaaay slow (and yes, I replied with Nas - It Ain't Hard to Tell). I would like the key, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom