• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunk3rvd

I signed up to steam gifts but I can't enter anything as I haven't spent $100 yet ( only joined Steam last month)

That's not a problem but I was just wondering - anyone know if I can still create giveaways? I'll be buying that MS bundle later but I only want 2 of the games so will give the rest away on there if I can

Making the $100 is going to be really tough as I've bought plenty off other sites (GMG, Amazon etc) and it appears that none of the purchases count towards my total :/

Munin

What's the opinion on all the other games apart from MotN in the MS bundle? Debating on whether getting just that or the whole thing

cicero

How bad are Hotline Miami's bugs and glitches and crashes?

I have had several crashes playing it. I think my favorite glitch was when the gameplay and music suddenly switched into severe slow motion combined with no floor textures of any kind. I played through about 4 levels like that, thinking I would be racking up the A+ scores with my slow motion 10 kill combos. I didn't hit A levels at all, even with the perfect combos. There was also a slow motion music glitch a couple of times. I wouldn't rate it alongside Magicka though, many times for me that just failed to work at all.

cicero

What's the opinion on all the other games apart from MotN in the MS bundle? Debating on whether getting just that or the whole thing

For a whole $1.25 more you get four more games... You really need to debate this? Unless you don't have a coupon and would have to pay $9.99 for the Bundle, I don't understand the logic here.

Wok

I have had several crashes playing it. I think my favorite glitch was when the gameplay and music suddenly switched into severe slow motion combined with no floor textures of any kind. I played through about 4 levels like that, thinking I would be racking up the A+ scores with my slow motion 10 kill combos. I didn't hit A levels at all, even with the perfect combos. There was also a slow motion music glitch a couple of times. I wouldn't rate it alongside Magicka though, many times for me that just failed to work at all.

The slow motion happens with other games too: it is usually when my laptop PC is at a critical heating point.

Ledsen

Talking about those sites if kind of frowned upon. I think it might be bannable.

In regards to who they are- They are key re-sellers who buy the games from a cheaper region like Russian and Brazil, often with stolen credit cards.

Edit: Beaten twice over

"Often" seems like a pretty huge stretch. Is there any evidence for it? Simply buying the games normally in those countries and reselling them would result in a huge profit, no need to do anything illegal.

Munin

For a whole $1.25 more you get four more games... You really need to debate this? Unless you don't have a coupon and would have to pay $9.99 for the Bundle, I don't understand the logic here.

I don't have a coupon, so yeah. No need to be an ass about it?

MRORANGE

Hanzou

Amazon with another amazing deal.

I've created a couple Steamgifts giveaways for Mark of the Nina and ISTP as I already have those.

Good luck to everyone who enters! These end in just under 2 hours at 12:30 eastern!

I entered, very cool man

cicero

I don't have a coupon, so yeah. No need to be an ass about it?
I wasn't trying to be an ass about it and didn't mean for my comment to come off like that. There are people here and on CAG who are willing to use their extra coupons to help others out. I myself bought three to help people out. Can't hurt to ask.

Munin

I wasn't trying to be an ass about it and didn't mean for my comment to come off like that. There are people here and on CAG who are willing to use their extra coupons to help others out. I myself bought three to help people out. Can't hurt to ask.

Sorry then for misinterpreting your response. I'm a bit confused on when people got these coupons in the first place? Since you seemed to assume that almost everyone one. Well, if anyone reading this got a spare one for me, I'd appreciate it very much! :D Thanks.

ShaneB

Winners of my giveaway!!

Mark of the Ninja: allalright

ITSP: Gan3b

PM me and claim your prizes :) Thanks to everyone who entered.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry then for misinterpreting your response. I'm a bit confused on when people got these coupons in the first place? Since you seemed to assume that almost everyone one. Well, if anyone reading this got a spare one for me, I'd appreciate it very much! :D Thanks.

Purchasing a DD game from Amazon in December netted you $5 of Editor's Choice credit.

Edit: Clarity.

Rafy

How does one become a member of Neogaf Gifts?

You need to be invited in the group by someone already in it. I tried inviting a couple of people but the gifts group does not appear on the invitation page.

EDIT : Beaten (again...)

cicero

If you bought any digital game or DLC from Amazon.com from November 17th through the end of December you should have received an email telling you that you got a $5 credit towards an Editor's Choice promotion this month. It would then be auto-applied to your account and automatically applied to any Editor's Choice designated deal on Amazon during the checkout process during a purchase.

Volcynika

The coupons are attached to people's accounts, they can't directly give them to you.

MNC

Oh. The NeoGAF gifts group is seperate from the normal neogaf group. Can I get an invite into the gifts group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/mnc117

Rafy

If you want a coupon and don't have "The Cave" yet, buy The Cave from Amazon and they'll give you a 5$ coupon with it. I think I am going to do it that way since I live in europe and buying The Cave from steam is more expensive.

HoosTrax

Might be a long shot, but anyone with an Amazon EC credit willing to help me get the MS Arcade Pack? (you can keep MOTN)

I used up all six of mine doing Hotline Miami giveaways.

LQX

Might be a long shot, but anyone with an Amazon EC credit willing to help me get the MS Arcade Pack? (you can keep MOTN)

I used up all six of mine doing Hotline Miami giveaways.

Don't have anymore but I have some trade in credit I want to get rid of and willing to buy a few for anyone at $8.50? PM if anyone is interested.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yesterday I found out that 2 of my closest friends knew about Hotline Miami, and what's better, actually LIKE it. One of them even unlocked more masks than me.

Yes, I'm surprised to discover that my friends have such a fine taste on games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom