• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I am stuck in Half-Life because of a bug. There is this elevator in Blast Pit. When I try to call the elevator, the doors on the floor get closed and the elevator passes through them. Then I board the elevator and try to go down, the elevator goes down without me and then the doors on the floor open, leaving me far too high above the elevator to survive the fall.

The doors on the floor are closed, wait for the elevator.
5bmOsdA.jpg

The elevator passes through the doors.
x2PM1R7.jpg

The doors are still closed and won't open before the elevator is too far for the protagonist to survive the fall.
svf5IvQ.jpg

1-D_FTW

/|

Did google tell you it was a bug? Cause there were a number of times I thought I was at a dead-end and just missed something.

So how would it work, I gift something of equivalent value?

You could paypal them the money. Or e-mail an amazon gift card to them.

Grief.exe

Had to bite on that Mark of the Ninja deal.

Just got done playing Chaos Theory, will see how it compares to one of the best stealth games of all time.

Wok

/|

Did google tell you it was a bug? Cause there were a number of times I thought I was at a dead-end and just missed something.

Unfortunately, I have checked on gamefaqs and this is the walkthrough for this part:

Start off by smashing the wood to your left, and entering the new room. You'll
now be in the control console. Kill the alien to your right, and hit the
lever. An elevator should rise. Board it, then hit the button to go down.
You
will now be in a large railway.

dreamfall

Is anyone else excited about Omerta?

I wish they went with a more mature rating, but it looks like good fun. I GMG'd that way back on the cheap- I think it is this week?

zkylon

zkylewd
Is anyone else excited about Omerta?

I wish they went with a more mature rating, but it looks like good fun. I GMG'd that way back on the cheap- I think it is this week?
I am, I really liked the Gangster games back in the day for some reason, and there just aren't enough mobster games.

MRORANGE

I just realized it's been well over a year since Skyrim has been out and they've only released three actual pieces of DLC (not including hi res textures.)

Considering their pricepoint of the DLC it might just be cheaper buy the game again when it's GOTY.

Maybe some of the Steam experts can help out. As we know the free Chivalry weekend is over. So the game is out of the library, i want to know how i can properly remove the game's installation.

Thanks for any help.

MRORANGE

Maybe some of the Steam experts can help out. As we know the free Chivalry weekend is over. So the game is out of the library, i want to know how i can properly remove the game's installation.

Thanks for any help.

In most cases it's a matter of going to the Steamapps folder and removing the selected game folder.

Jawmuncher

Isn't there supposed to be another sale? Like on Sleeping dogs hopefully?

Yeah i have a good hunch the final deal is Sleeping Dogs for 10.00

Anyway been playing DmC and I gotta say the more stuff I play on PC the more I live it. I really have been missing out for awhile. Also I absolutely love how steam tracks time spent in game. It's glorious seeing that, it's simple but a huge deal for me.

Lastly played some hotline Miami last night.
Beat the first level, I like it. But man it's sorta unsettling sometimes with the combination of music, gore and graphics.

Lain

Boy am I glad about the free Chivalry weekend, since I found out that it is not the kind of game I would have enjoyed, had I bought it (I only played 10 minutes and it was enough to make me uninstal it). It looked pretty nice though and it's funny to watch videos of people playing it.

Boy am I glad about the free Chivalry weekend, since I found out that it is not the kind of game I would have enjoyed, had I bought it (I only played 10 minutes and it was enough to make me uninstal it). It looked pretty nice though and it's funny to watch videos of people playing it.
10 minutes is too little time for a game like this. On one hand you think the game has no debt and is just spamming a big sword. But then you find some of the expert players and how they dominate.

When you are with people that are into the game it really is amazing. I would love to get it but i dont think the price is right. Plus it needs a bit more polish.

At $10 for Sleeping dogs it would be rude not to buy it. It does get old and the second half drags on way too long but I can't think of another open world game I've enjoyed as much for a long, long time.

I love that Steam added the ability to shutdown your computer when exiting big picture mode. Anyone know when this was added? Never noticed it before

Oh and Zodiac Tournament DLC is mine!

MRORANGE

As a general rule for DLC, you should play the main game and buy the DLC if you actually liked it, preferably buy the DLC during a Summer/winter sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom