• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

JBKprnm.png

I have sold the three TF2 items which were offered with a pre-order of The Cave on Steam for 4.20€. So, the preorder has cost me 4.07€ in the end!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JBKprnm.png

I have sold the three TF2 items which were offered with a pre-order of The Cave on Steam for 4.20€. So, the preorder has cost me 4.07€ in the end!

I'm holding off on my Cave hats to see if I can't flog them off for a higher price later, once supply begins to dwindle down. The last of my other hats sold yesterday and that paid for most of the Squeenix games and DLC I was missing (I ignored Battlestations: Pacific and FFXI, which were both $9.99).

JaseC

It's been said before, but the naval missions in AssCreed 3 really are the highlight of the game. They're essentially what combat in Sid Meier's Pirates! would be were the game third-person, and to that end it would've been great if the open sea were part of the overworld rather than something limited to a specific mission type.

Edit: Oh, and Awesomenauts is GG's new Daily at 70% off ($3).

Sanctum on sale at Gamers Gate.

I really loved Sanctum. Too bad the Game was still being developed while it was released. The 4 player Coop came out 3 or 4 months after the release.

That and I hated the DLC-"System". With such a Game, DLC will break the Community.

I hope Sanctum 2 wont have the same problems.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hate my stupid internet. It's going down a lot lately, which forces me to actually play some games, such as Deus Ex. Damn you internet, I wanna buy games and read about them, not play them!

Welp just got Sleeping Dogs. For a while I thought this might be the first great deal I don't bite on. I'm sure the first 10 min will be awesome before I never touch it again.

I also noticed some how i have 5 copies of DOTA 2 I can gift away? Anyone know how that happens? I know they weren't gifted to me because I don't have any friends on Steam. I bought it during the xmas sale. Did it come w/ multiple copies or something?

You are doing yourself a great disservice if you never touch it again. Game is fantastic on every level.

FloatOn

2 days and 14 hours until the godly Sonic Racing Transformed graces Steam :D

I have Blur and Skydrift that I've barely played. Do I really need this on day one?

nope.

But the allure of blue shelling someone as Vyse from Skies of Arcadia is almost too much. Almost.

Tizoc

I have Blur and Skydrift that I've barely played. Do I really need this on day one?

nope.

But the allure of blue shelling someone as Vyse from Skies of Arcadia is almost too much. Almost.

There is no Blue Shell in this game, the closest to it is a weapon that functions like the lightning bolts from Blur.
...and get it man, it's not like having a backlog of unplayed games is anything new here-
http://howlongtobeat.com/userpage.php?username=Tizoc789&show=backlog

Kuromino

Neo Member
I really shouldn't make purchases early in the morning. Not gonna bother trying to sell these keys, so if anyone needs an upgrade to Dead Island Game of the Year Edition, let me know. Also have the Bloodbath DLC to give away as well.

Hit me up on Steam if you want one of them: steamcommunity.com/id/kuromino

ngt

I really shouldn't make purchases early in the morning. Not gonna bother trying to sell these keys, so if anyone needs an upgrade to Dead Island Game of the Year Edition, let me know. Also have the Bloodbath DLC to give away as well.

Hit me up on Steam if you want one of them: steamcommunity.com/id/kuromino

Got the GOTY Upgrade, thank you Kuromino!

It's been said before, but the naval missions in AssCreed 3 really are the highlight of the game. They're essentially what combat in Sid Meier's Pirates! would be were the game third-person, and to that end it would've been great if the open sea were part of the overworld rather than something limited to a specific mission type.

Edit: Oh, and Awesomenauts is GG's new Daily at 70% off ($3).

It's somehow sad that the naval battles are about the only interesting thing I see in ACIII. One day... at 7.50€ maybe.

monocromo

Hi, I have a kind of OT question, but related to Steam.

Some days ago I got two emails from Valve titled "Query account by email address" with the following text:

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.

Steam account name: xxxxxxxxx

You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.

The Steam Support Team
http://www.steampowered.com

Whats this about ? I didnt ask anything =/

ngt

Hi, I have a kind of OT question, but related to Steam.

Some days ago I got two emails from Valve titled "Query account by email address" with the following text:

Whats this about ? I didnt ask anything =/

You must have used a Steam key from some public list. Now when someone's trying to use the same key, they get a regular 'used key' message and they can also click a button to find out on which account that key has been used.

It's nothing to worry about.

Tomodachi

Correct me if I'm wrong, is Nightmare in North Point the only DLC with additionals achivements for Sleeping Dogs? No extra achievements for Zodiac Tournament?

monocromo

You must have used a Steam key from some public list. Now when someone's trying to use the same key, they get a regular 'used key' message and they can also click a button to find out on which account that key has been used.

It's nothing to worry about.

Yep, DOTA 2 key. Thanks for your help !

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So how much have people made off selling their TF2 things? I've only made a few dollars so far, but its been pretty awesome to basically get money for a game I just play for fun.

Can't wait till they open it up to normally hats so I can unload them too.

So how much have people made off selling their TF2 things? I've only made a few dollars so far, but its been pretty awesome to basically get money for a game I just play for fun.

About 75. Sold one of those pins from the plastic Sandvich toy and made 50 from that alone (the toy was 60 lol), the rest from buying stuff dirt cheap the first few days of the market and then reselling them at higher prices later.

JaseC

A little over $100.

FloatOn

There is no Blue Shell in this game, the closest to it is a weapon that functions like the lightning bolts from Blur.
...and get it man, it's not like having a backlog of unplayed games is anything new here-
http://howlongtobeat.com/userpage.php?username=Tizoc789&show=backlog

I was being somewhat sarcastic with the blue shell bit. My backlog is pretty obscene too.. feels bad.

Once I put some more time in with blur and skydrift my conscience will be clear.

HoosTrax

About 75. Sold one of those pins from the plastic Sandvich toy and made 50 from that alone (the toy was 60 lol), the rest from buying stuff dirt cheap the first few days of the market and then reselling them at higher prices later.
The fake Sandvich was some kind of rare promo swag wasn't it? At some convention or another? Someone was saying that they kept getting nagged by TF2 traders coveting the digital lapel pin that came with the Sandvich. Might have been you.

esai

I really loved Sanctum. Too bad the Game was still being developed while it was released. The 4 player Coop came out 3 or 4 months after the release.

That and I hated the DLC-"System". With such a Game, DLC will break the Community.

I hope Sanctum 2 wont have the same problems.
I liked it a lot as well. I though about picking up the dlc but I don't play with people I know cause no one ever plays it. I hope 2 gets better treatment.

The fake Sandvich was some kind of rare promo swag wasn't it? At some convention or another? Someone was saying that they kept getting nagged by TF2 traders coveting the digital lapel pin that came with the Sandvich. Might have been you.

there were two ways to get it, either order one and go to Comicon, or be really lucky and manage to snag the extremely limited reprint sold directly from Valve. I managed to get in on the latter. It was 15 dollars more expensive, but was apparently a better build quality. Also sold out in 20 minutes.

Either way, there are only 500 in existence (300 from Comicon and 200 from Valve) and of that, only 200 are actually redeemed, so the items are extremely rare. The weapon that came with it, the robosandvich, goes for upwards of 400 dollars, however I'm never selling mine because I like it too much. But the other item it came with is a ThreeA pin (since they made the toy) and it sells for 30-50 dollars, since it's slightly more common, as it came with a portal toy ThreeA also made, so there's double of them.

I'm nagged about my Robo-Sandvich, but I'm the wrong dude to nag because the Sandvich is the least of my TF2 items worth anything, but I collect weapons so it's not ever leaving the collection.

HoosTrax

there were two ways to get it, either order one and go to Comicon, or be really lucky and manage to snag the extremely limited reprint sold directly from Valve. I managed to get in on the latter. It was 15 dollars more expensive, but was apparently a better build quality. Also sold out in 20 minutes.

Either way, there are only 500 in existence (300 from Comicon and 200 from Valve) and of that, only 200 are actually redeemed, so the items are extremely rare. The weapon that came with it, the robosandvich, goes for upwards of 400 dollars, however I'm never selling mine because I like it too much. But the other item it came with is a ThreeA pin (since they made the toy) and it sells for 30-50 dollars, since it's slightly more common, as it came with a portal toy ThreeA also made, so there's double of them.

I'm nagged about my Robo-Sandvich, but I'm the wrong dude to nag because the Sandvich is the least of my TF2 items worth anything, but I collect weapons so it's not ever leaving the collection.
Ah, for some reason I thought it was the campanion cube pin. I vaguely remembered that some GAF'er has one and is constantly bothered by TF2 traders wanting it.

Still, that's some amazing return on the "investment". I wonder if those were limit one per customer. Some enterprising person might have tried buying every single one of them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just sold a vintage picklehaube for 5.50$. I most playing the waiting game and post items for what I think it is worth parting with them for. The price will get their eventually. The picklehaube took about a week I guess.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I wonder how much I can get for my treasure hunt hat (The hat of undeniable wealth and something or other). It's apparently pretty rare.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's great, just play it in a 16:10 window if you don't have a 16:10 monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom