• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need PC Gaf's help with something. I'm thinking about getting a wireless 360 controller (I already have 2 wired ones), will I have any problems using both type of controllers at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

eyeless

hey 4 mb download for the walking dead i bet they patched it so i can actually play their broken game now

iMbTrk0EVIGKz.gif
lol jk you guys

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
One of the reviewers at the site I write for just gave TWD five stars.

I'm flabbergasted.

You're flabbergasted that a game widely considered by gamers as one of the best of the year, GAF's number 2 of the year, and which at least 29 publications selected as GOTY, received 5 stars on one website?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, this thread is getting philosophical.
Is it? Or is it just our collective imagination? Could it be that GAF is the one spending time with us, instead of the other way round?

I get more enjoyment out of a quality shit than GAF.

I mean like, one of those really good ones where you just feel reborn afterwards? And you barely have to wipe? Damn. I wish I was doing that right now.
I think I love you. Seriously, I do.

You're flabbergasted that a game widely considered by gamers as one of the best of the year, GAF's number 2 of the year, and which at least 29 publications selected as GOTY, received 5 stars on one website?

*shrug*
Doesn't excuse the technical issues and Telltale's shitty handling of the game IMO.

So how long til the Summer Sale? 5 months? 6 months? I should be playing the games I have but instead I'm thinking of when I'll get to add more games I won't play at cheap prices.

I'm playing Steam correctly, right?

Narag

So how long til the Summer Sale? 5 months? 6 months? I should be playing the games I have but instead I'm thinking of when I'll get to add more games I won't play at cheap prices.

Summer sale is usually around July 4th weekend. And yes, you're doing it right.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

No. There's a contradiction between playing Steam (Gaben's game) and playing the games you bought. You have to choose either one of them. And the former always wins.

Fake edit: I read your post again. If you're thinking about buying new games instead of playing what you already have, then you're doing it right.

dreamfall

Five-ish hours in Far Cry 3, and it just feels so... blah.

The action is great I guess- I have all these neat takedown moves that I never seem to use because it is so much easier sniping guys silenced. And every incentive to explore is just to take over a camp, or climb a tower, or pick up some non-descript loot item. The story is pretty awful thus far, and all the people I'm supposed to be saving seem like I'd rather let them fend for themselves.

I don't know- mixed feelings. Certainly not getting vibes like when I started FC2 for the first time.

The action is great I guess- I have all these neat takedown moves that I never seem to use because it is so much easier sniping guys silenced.

I avoided long-ranged silent takedowns in my playthrough of FC3 for this very reason. Sneaking up and infiltrating into melee with the backup SMG/pistol in case things went bad was always fun, even near the end of the game when all the rest of the novelty of the game had worn off.

This is a dumb/paranoid question. On the Steam store page there's a green task bar that is asking me to verify my email address. I clicked on it and got an email from Steam support asking me to click on a link to verify my email. I'm assuming this is legit, but I've been taught to assume anyone asking for any personal information on the internet is suspect. Why would they need to verify my email address? Am I being too paranoid, or is my Steam account going to get hijacked if I click on that link?

BadAss2961

This is a dumb/paranoid question. On the Steam store page there's a green task bar that is asking me to verify my email address. I clicked on it and got an email from Steam support asking me to click on a link to verify my email. I'm assuming this is legit, but I've been taught to assume anyone asking for any personal information on the internet is suspect. Why would they need to verify my email address? Am I being too paranoid, or is my Steam account going to get hijacked if I click on that link?
It's legit. Verifying your e-mail makes your account harder to hack since someone would have to get your Steam info as well as your e-mail info.

With this feature activated, Steam will ask you to check your e-mail and confirm a short password every time you log in from a new device.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
*shrug*
Doesn't excuse the technical issues and Telltale's shitty handling of the game IMO.

That's really completely beside the point. Whatever your opinion of the game is, that's fine. It's just ridiculous to act shocked that one reviewer gave it a good score when there's endless precedent to that effect already.

Jawmuncher

So Im playing Magicka with a friend but why does the game look like crap?
Like its not smooth at all so many jaggies.
Is there a way to fix this!

Sober

Five-ish hours in Far Cry 3, and it just feels so... blah.

The action is great I guess- I have all these neat takedown moves that I never seem to use because it is so much easier sniping guys silenced. And every incentive to explore is just to take over a camp, or climb a tower, or pick up some non-descript loot item. The story is pretty awful thus far, and all the people I'm supposed to be saving seem like I'd rather let them fend for themselves.

I don't know- mixed feelings. Certainly not getting vibes like when I started FC2 for the first time.
If you enjoyed FC2 for the same reason Idle Thumbs did, FC3 seems really tame in comparison. The mechanics are better but the world feels really dull sometimes, and the claims about the story being another "gotcha" (in the vein of Spec Ops, Hotline Miami or such) are stupid when the game plays everything straight and the writer will just tell you that you couldn't figure out his master plan.

Still a good game, mind you, but FC2 was a whole other beast I don't think they'll ever top or match.

Are Vintage-TF2 items worth more? I have some standard TF2-Items and vintage. For how much can I sell them? Just things like Natasha and such.

And someone bought 5 DOTA-2 keys for me. Any reason why anyone would wanna buy that much?

ArjanN

Does it even matter for that game?

Not really, it's really an adventure game, there's no real action as the platforming is all very easy and just meant to replace the walking from screen to screen you do in point and click adventure games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom