• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think I'd use that Amazon credit for the Mass Effect Trilogy. Yes, it's Origin but $5 for the entire trilogy minus the DLC? Hell yes, that's a steal, Amazon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

DocSeuss

Any idea why my $15 worth of games credit from Amazon isn't showing up, in any fraction (say, $5).

Also, wow, those are the Editor's Choices? EA games that are almost exclusively below four stars?

Grief.exe

Any idea why my $15 worth of games credit from Amazon isn't showing up, in any fraction (say, $5).

Also, wow, those are the Editor's Choices? EA games that are almost exclusively below four stars?

Full list isn't available yet, more will be added over the course of the month.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing does not hold up well after playing All-Stars Racing Transformed. The amount of improvements in the core gameplay, level design, and depth to the racers and mechanics is staggering going from one to the other that it really leaves me impressed with Sumo with what they accomplished.

Not to say the first title is a bad kart racer by any means, it's just been surpassed and feels limited in comparison. Drifting isn't as rewarding due to a far simpler mechanic, the difference between racers isn't all that noticeable, the levels are smaller (in terms of size and in content), there isn't much subtlety in when to boost or not (in Transformed it's a multiplier), and weapons were rightly called "Mario Kart rip-offs" beyond All-Stars and even that isn't as fun as I remembered.

There is one aspect All Stars Racing did better than All-Stars Racing Transformed and that is Mission Mode, a rewarding concept in terms of variety and sense of satisfaction attempting various goals that helped learn the courses and just showed off what could be done. Hopefully they bring that back for the next game.

This isn't taking into account that as a port, it wasn't all that well made and can suffer numerous issues. Without those issues on my Wii copy, it would be the same thoughts.

I won't say it's a shame as sequels are supposed to surpass what came before it and again, it's not a bad game, I just don't want to play it when I have Transformed.

drgambit

Banned
I would just like to say that I had a great time during the winter sale. Giving out games with modbot really was fun, and everyone on Gaf here is just so nice and awesome.

Here's to 2014 and getting to know you all more!

I'm not sure what to think now. @_@

I know it's gone up in the past, because I've gotten in during the weird period of time where the prices were still low, and the voucher worked, which lead to getting some games for 5 dollars, that would later go up to 29.99 base.

So maybe keep an eye out for that.

nbraun80

I would just like to say that I had a great time during the winter sale. Giving out games with modbot really was fun, and everyone on Gaf here is just so nice and awesome.

Indeed, had fun in those threads, and everyone was awesome. :)

denx

I feel like thanking Makeshift Chef again for gifting me Cook Serve Delicious. That game has its hooks on me. Just finished a 2 hours and some session (!) where I didn't stop playing until I upgraded my restaurant to 2 stars status. Now I have a lot of money and options so I'm not sure what I'm going to do next in the game, but I know lasagna won't be part of it because level 2 lasagna screwed me pretty hard.

And again, THIS GAME
W1GVC.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
FTL, oh my god, now I understand that galactica pic...

It's only going to get better once Advanced Edition comes out.

I'm not sure what to think now. @_@

There are several possible options.

1) Wait and see, hoping for the best while pretending each new addition is the "dailies" just like a Steam Sale, albeit less fruitful for us.

2) You only live once approach. Just get what you want as soon as you can and play them without worry of what could have been had you waited.

3) Get one absolutely right away that you will be playing with the credit, wait for all others to hopefully go down in price.

4) Forget it all until someone in here talks about a really good deal and jump on it then, then go back to ignoring it. Repeat.

5) See an opportunity to become an important member to this board and create Enhanced Origin for the "active" OriginGAF community.

6) Make a fresh bowl of poutine and watch a Saoirse Ronan movie.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just a spare copy I received as part of the Mithril Edition (it's not a spare copy of the ME, but rather the base game, which just about everybody has already, but I digress):

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-E85B8D2A7F8B9EBC - Taken by liezryou

<3

An-Det

I am think of the following to waste my $5 credit on.

Legacy of Kain Pack
Singularity
Ducktales

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the choices, but I'll put in a good word for Singularity. I played it this past summer and had a blast with it.

Sajjaja

I'm so sorry

EDIT: Switchable graphics? Might be trying to use the intel one instead of your discrete card.

Nah, just AMD. And nah, don't be sorry, it's more capable than its Intel counterpart, which is why I chose it. Without it, I wouldn't be able to game for shit. I'd be a console slave.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading Ys: Oath of Felghana right now. Anyone know if this is easier than Ys I&II? Is it still using the bump system? I've been going into these games pretty blind.

liezryou

Just a spare copy I received as part of the Mithril Edition (it's not a spare copy of the ME, but rather the base game, which just about everybody has already, but I digress):

<3

Didn't have that humble bundle tyvm. Another moba to try (I'll probably end up back in dota 2 in a few days >.<).

EDIT: "Guardians of Middle-earth Gift Copy (RU+CIS)" Oh you JaseC... oh you.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How do I play better in CSGO

Go sit in an empty map and buy an automatic weapon, aim it at the wall and hold down fire. Notice the pattern it makes. Now repeat this for all of the automatic guns. Memorize the shit out of all of them.

Then slowly get good so you're only ever bursting 1-3 shots at a time and getting headshots so you don't even need to full auto. There are a few steps i'm missing here but honestly my time between WON-era CS and now is a huge goddamn blur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom