• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Birthday MRORANGE!

Also, look at all these 'oh noes I'm 25/26 years old posts' All you young pups should be happy. Once you reach your 30s it all comes tumbling down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Daedalic Super Bundle is worth keeping an eye out for if you don't own any of the included titles. The sum of the individual games is higher than the cost of the bundle but it comes with gift copies, so you can split the cost with someone.

PriitV

So I wanted to try those magical new nvidia (337) drivers... and then this happened, I'm not sure why this is needed to install the drivers.
6QahS4i.png

Arthea

belated happy birthday MRORNAGE!
not gonna say how young you are, that was said enough times already, only will add that it's damn good to be young, enjoy while it lasts (><)

edited: Is notsoamazingspiderman region locked, Jasec?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just a reminder, The Florida bundle from Indieroyale is ending in ~5 hours and 40 minutes.

Games are:

Marc Eck&#333;'s Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Defense Technica
Stronghold Crusader HD
BlackSoul: Extended Edition
Angvik
Zombies On A Plane
Space Ranger - Arcade Shooter Kit

this is really gonna be on steam ?

It was Greenlit.

Deques

Just a reminder, The Florida bundle from Indieroyale is ending in ~5 hours and 40 minutes.

Games are:

Marc Eck&#333;'s Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Defense Technica
Stronghold Crusader HD
BlackSoul: Extended Edition
Angvik
Zombies On A Plane
Space Ranger - Arcade Shooter Kit

Any "leaks" on the next indieroyale bundle yet?

The Elder Scrolls Online actually seems pretty neat and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did in the beta. Actually has some branching elements in quests which is neat. Some nice dynamic elements as well, in the first hub one of the missions involves it being invaded but it doesn't actually happen until you go on the mission and have the enemy strike back. Ie, you don't start the game, turn the corner, and see a battle going. Makes it a feel a bit more alive.

Edit: And the dialogue actually recognizes that I'm argonian which is nice as Skyrim often forgot to do that. Ie, I asked a character about Argonians and they replied that I was cute asking about myself and went on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm heading to bed, but asking anyway and hopefully the wise sages will have an answer when I wake up:

With Playfire rewards, I'm not using the Vulcan client (currently). If I unlock an achievement less than 3 hours from a rewards expiration and they don't register it until after the reward expires, do I get it because I unlocked it earlier anyway, or does it actually have to scan it in before the expiration time hits? I don't want to install the client just because I'm unlocking two achieves at the last minute tomorrow after work :p

As long as the achievements unlocked before the rewards period ended you'll get your credit, but you may have to submit a support ticket. The system in its current state is rather unreliable.

On a possibly related note, for some reason today Playfire gave me reward credit for a bunch of Arkham City, TF2, and Sleeping Dog achievements, which I had earned well before I even registered for Playfire. Considering it was like $6 worth and all at once I'm worried it'll look like a SAM-thing? I thought Playfire wouldn't credit you for achievements previously earned? I appreciate the free money but don't want my account flagged cause it bugged out!

Thanks for the wisdom when I awaken!

You're not going to be punished for GMG's mistake, although I wouldn't be surprised if the money is later revoked. Given you've said that you unlocked the achievements yonks ago, GMG would only suspect foul play if the achievement unlock times matched up with the rewards period, as this would indicate that you used SAM to re-lock and again unlock the achievements to change the time stamp.

Edit: Ah, apparently if you're new to the program you'll be "backpaid".

Acccent

the Hunie Pop thing makes me kinda hope that the devs just baited all of the terrible waifu-seeking nerds out there only to expose them and troll them super hard

zkylon

zkylewd
the Hunie Pop thing makes me kinda hope that the devs just baited all of the terrible waifu-seeking nerds out there only to expose them and troll them super hard

yo dude don't hate on the waifu-seekers

some more than others but we all need a waifu

tho sex pillow is kind of gross

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I was skimming the kickstarter and I found a tidbit for Milamber in relation to the Steam version:

Thanks to all you guys who stopped over there and voted for us. I talked to the Valve guys about the questionable content in the game and got the thumbs up. So as it stands right now, the Steam version will be the full uncensored version of the game.

Aerocrane

Have any of you guys written proper long reviews for games on Steam? It seems most of the Steam reviews are either just jokes or a few bullet points. I feel that the longer and actually useful reviews are not getting the coverage they deserve because of the joke reviews always being voted to the top. People don't really comment on Steam reviews either. There must be some people going through the Steam reviews though, as my GRID 2 review has been rated up slowly over time.

Arthea

ye, remind me not to play overload, to avoid sensory overload. One yet has to see so appropriate naming (><)

Have any of you guys written proper long reviews for games on Steam? It seems most of the Steam reviews are either just jokes or a few bullet points. I feel that the longer and actually useful reviews are not getting the coverage they deserve because of the joke reviews always being voted to the top. People don't really comment on Steam reviews either. There must be some people going through the Steam reviews though, as my GRID 2 review has been rated up slowly over time.

There are too many steam reviews in general, any popular game has way too many of them to read even 1/3rd, so I read only reviews in my activity feed, some of them are proper reviews, some short reviews, I prefer short ones and to the point, don't mind joking ones too, actually.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I was skimming the desktop thread. Why!?

Like Gahigiddy's gaming setup, your desktop will live on forever.

Yeah, that is a really annoying problem. Your review is actually very good though.

Jawmuncher

Yeah the quick stuff is what is seen the most for the bigger games.
One of the reasons why I haven't bothered to write any reviews on steam.
Though like you said slowly but surely people apparently look at the other stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd

to be perfectly honest i wouldn't bother to read through a long review on steam

like the format is just a block of text, it's tiring

i'd rather just read opinions here on gaf

i do write a brief comment on games i finish since i think it's fun

Milamber

Only reviews I read are for games that I know are addicting or incredibly hilarious. Can't wait for Hunie Pop reviews. Goat Simulator reviews are a riot.

Tellaerin

I'll sure hate on anyone who backed this thing :/
hate might not be the right word though. spurn

Guess I'm more slightly disappointed than anything. Personally, I thought the video was funny (if unintentionally), and the KS art was kind of cute. From the initial pitch, I was imagining something charming and a little risque, tongue-in-cheek fun. But some of the art that's leaked out gives me the impression that the game's going to be... kind of raunchier than I imagined. Not that I have an issue with that on principle or anything, but it just doesn't line up with the initial impression of a hybrid match 3/dating sim game featuring cute anime-style art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom