• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
X-Blades is not that bad!
I was enjoying it until the flying enemies and backtracing began. Then yeah, it was horrible.

_hekk05

Banned
Just thought it was funny. :p

Has the epic giveaway of broforce to rival all giveaways (even Dupy's) already been done or are we still bracing for it?

If not will continue bracing.

I'm not even of the PC master race. I play games on my HP laptop with an i7 3630QM 3rd gen @ 2.4GHz, 16 GB ram (was free upgrade), GT 635M, with its stupid 1366x768 screen. Will finally upgrade to a desktop once i graduate and find work.

I've a problem with the playfire-gmg thing, but the support seems to have just forgot about me.
When playfire and GMG were two different sites I was registered to both with different emails. Then they asked to connect the two accounts through a form on the GMG website which I did, but it didn't work apparently, since now they're counted as 2 separate gmg-playfire accounts and I can't transfer the playfire rewards on my GMG account

You could try updating your existing ticket with a reminder for them to look into it.

Alternatively, unless you're very attached to your current Playfire account, just create a new one and log in with your GMG details. That bypasses the hassle of getting them to recognize that both accounts belong to you. Of course, if you've linked your Steam account to your old Playfire account then you're going to have to ask their support to delink that first so you can use it for your new account.

Deques

Has anyone in Finland (or maybe Scandinavia or even Europe) ordered anything from DealExtreme? Just wondering what kind of shipping times I should realistically expect.

Around 1-3 weeks is the shipping time

Last time it took them forever to deliver. I still haven't received the items I ordered. It was two years ago

Grief.exe

It might be a bit cheaper on Nuuvem, but if you have some Playfire bucks you can make the gmg deal real sweet.

ijBuSQOxPaEGx.png

/brag

I am actually jealous. That is amazing.

Levyne

Banned
I'm not even of the PC master race. I play games on my HP laptop with an i7 3630QM 3rd gen @ 2.4GHz, 16 GB ram (was free upgrade), GT 635M, with its stupid 1366x768 screen. Will finally upgrade to a desktop once i graduate and find work.

Eh. Even having a moderately spec'd laptop maintains some of the advantages we enjoy about playing Steam/PC games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to learn the layout of the site.

Feels easier to just use plastic and pony up, ugh, interacting with people. :p

Haha, well, some folks have bots on Dispenser.tf that can automate the process.

Has anyone in Finland (or maybe Scandinavia or even Europe) ordered anything from DealExtreme? Just wondering what kind of shipping times I should realistically expect.

Dealextreme is based out of Hong Kong. They're reliable but I still wouldn't recommend them unless you don't really have any other choice. They're pretty slow with shipping stuff out.

Amzin

As long as the achievements unlocked before the rewards period ended you'll get your credit, but you may have to submit a support ticket. The system in its current state is rather unreliable.

Edit: Ah, apparently if you're new to the program you'll be "backpaid".

At the moment the client doesn't track Steam because we rewrote the tracking engine. It might return though and if it does, that would mean you could update your profile faster.

As for unlocking achievements a few hours before the end of a reward, that is a risk and due to the API we can't directly address that issue. Couple of solutions, 1) we track more regularly, which is a tough order right now, or 2) we add a grace period on rewards - this would be feasible. In the meantime contact CS and they'll credit you manually.

As for the rewards you just got for old achievements, I take it you just signed up. That's just a new profile thing, we give you the benefit of the doubt because we don't know when you unlocked them. This is a known issue and we have a switch that decides whether we do that or not. Keep the credit, we won't take it back.

Thanks for the responses guys. It's a nice incentive to keep paying attention to the rewards getting a little boost of backpay when you sign up I guess :p Certainly got me excited to see money in there, as opposed to what I was expecting, no money.

aku:jiki

Why did the douche with the comparison image feel the need to cheat to pad the list? "LOL consoles can't make images or edit video" is the dumbest part of a dumb image. That's like saying PC gaming sucks because it can't do my dishes.

Nice. I've been wanting to play Chaos Engine for like 20 years but never bothered to emulate it or anything, and I want to see just how bad Super Killer Hornet is. At least the name implies some shmup knowledge. (It's a Dodonpachi reference.)

Jawmuncher

Why did the douche with the comparison image feel the need to cheat to pad the list? "LOL consoles can't make images or edit video" is the dumbest part of a dumb image. That's like saying PC gaming sucks because it can't do my dishes.

Nice. I've been wanting to play Chaos Engine for like 20 years but never bothered to emulate it or anything, and I want to see just how bad Super Killer Hornet is. At least the name implies some shmup knowledge. (It's a Dodonpachi reference.)

Wait it can't?
WTH is this BS.

fantomena

Sendt a mail 2 months ago asking for a Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden review code. Got a reply 5 min. ago with a code. Better late than never though. Game cost 60€, so Im happy for a review code. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the general response time on Steam tickets these days?

1-3 days. I've sent two tickets thus far this year and the first took a few days to be actioned while I received a response the second time around in a little over a day.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
What's the general response time on Steam tickets these days?

I had a problem two weeks ago and got a reply three hours later...and they even solved my problem on the spot!!!! The guy was friendly too o_O

But that was the German support (which probably deals with Austria too), maybe all these Steam support horror stories apply only to the US support :p

Durante

I had a problem two weeks ago and got a reply three hours later...and they even solved my problem on the spot!!!! The guy was friendly too o_O

But that was the German support (which probably deals with Austria too), maybe all these Steam support horror stories apply only to the US support :p
So, how do I get in touch with the local support?

This is kind of urgent.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It might be a bit cheaper on Nuuvem, but if you have some Playfire bucks you can make the gmg deal real sweet.

/brag

I've managed to earn £8.75 through Playfire so far, around $15. Bought Goat Simulator and the Mechromancer BL2 DLC, looking forward to another decent game to go on sale on GMG now. Think Goat Simulator's been a special case though, cheap game coming out that's easy to get a bunch of achievements in with quite a big reward for doing so.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
So, how do I get in touch with the local support?

This is kind of urgent.

You have to select the language which you are using (or the country you are coming from) during opening a ticket if I remember correctly.

There is no specific German support contact page or something like that.

Turfster

my problem is all the
retconning
for the rest of the series it tried to do. They tried to tie things together that didn't need to be or made any sense. I'm glad they fleshed out some of the origin stuff about
Suchong, fink, big daddies, songbird
, but they just tried soooo damn hard to tie it back to the roots.

Yeah, like I said, "You liked Rapture, right?" It felt like they were jumping up and down, waving and pointing. "Hey, everything has to do something with that game that first put us on the map! The one everyone liked!"

I'm 45. Listening to some of you talk, I should be sitting on the Golden Throne, my withered husk of a body sustained by machines and the sacrifice of a thousand psykers a day, guiding ships through the Warp with the power of my mind (and posting on NeoGAF).

Seriously, guys, 25+ is not fucking "old". :p
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN.

well i picture all you people as the pretty girls in your avatars so you shouldn't take it to heart

This combined with your mention of "fantasies" makes me uncomfortable =p

A month+ It can be quicker, but that's mostly an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom