• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I played less than an hour of Goat Simulator, and didn't stopped laughing all they way.

Is it wrong I've had more fun so far with this game than the whole of the last Castlevania and Tomb Raider?

Jawmuncher

JaseC I think the issue with those games might have been how I moved them over.
I recall you mentioned that to me when I first did it since I recall I just copied and pasted them onto the HDD without the shell link the first time I did it. Only thing I can assume is the ones that came from my laptop and were then put in the HDD just bugged out for some reason. Perhaps a file saying it was from the Laptop but it was trying to run it from somewhere else is all I can think of.

nampad

Anyone know if the creators of The Stanley Parable have said anything about possible console ports of the game? If it is off the table or a uncertain possibility?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
My Playfire/GMG thing updated.

I somehow managed to get £1.90 and should have another 50p plus two or three other achievements coming to me when it next updates, plus however many Goat Simulator achievements I can grab. This might actually make me check GMG all the time, ha.

_hekk05

Banned
Thats just irritating since I can't get Playfire to actually work for me :\

how are people getting cash for playfire? i unlocked so many achievements and it is still at $0 :(

Send them a ticket. Follow the ticket format and give them your playfire/gmg account email and stuff, tell them what rewards you are missing. They got back to me in like a week, which is pretty slow imo, but they added in my rewards. After that, I think it got fixed and now my rewards update automatically.

Gotta be patient.

Send them a ticket. Follow the ticket format and give them your playfire/gmg account email and stuff, tell them what rewards you are missing. They got back to me in like a week, which is pretty slow imo, but they added in my rewards. After that, I think it got fixed and now my rewards update automatically.

Gotta be patient.

Yeah, Sent one a while back, something seems to have been updated as I got an email about it adding my Steam account, but its still not tracking. Sent another one but not heard anything since.

Anyone know if the creators of The Stanley Parable have said anything about possible console ports of the game? If it is off the table or a uncertain possibility?

I can't remember Davey Wreden talking about the possiblity of a console port, so I guess the answer is no.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
how are people getting cash for playfire? i unlocked so many achievements and it is still at $0 :(

Did you unlock the achievements while they were active challenges (for want of a better word) on Playfire? Check http://www.playfire.com/a/rewards to see if they're listed there. If they are, log into your GMG account if you haven't done so in a while. If that doesn't cause the credit to be applied in the next hour or so, raise a ticket.

Pachimari

The Indie Royale: Florida Bundle is coming out today.

Pay the minimum for:

- Defense Technica
- Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
- Stronghold Crusader HD
- Blacksoul: Extended Edition
- Angvik
- Zombies On A Plane

Edit: Welp, beaten by a hour.

How many hours till this bundle is out?

kudoboi

Gotta be patient.

yeah there deff is a glitch

the last time i bought anything from GMG was in jan and looking at the order confirmation, i only used 0.20 worth of credit

Df9MpEq.jpg

Parsnip

Check your rewards page, when was the last reward and does it have a tick? What reward did you try to earn? Have you logged into GMG recently? Any extra information would help. Check this KB article for help and troubleshooting steps: https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41862466-What-should-I-do-if-I-haven-t-got-my-Playfire-Rewards-

I had trouble finding the reward page, ha. Is the link to it actually visible anywhere on the main site or am I just blind?
Anyways, found it in the KB article and looks like my last reward with a tick is from 17th of January. Then a large time gap, and then a bunch of "played a game for a first time" from 26th and 27th of March without a tick. Dunno, maybe nothing happened during those 2 months. :p I haven't actually tried to go after any of the rewards, just kind of thought that it would work itself out in the background.

So I guess it's working now, since those "first time games" are pretty recent, just hasn't transferred over to gmg yet.

I'd probably jump on those Blackgate rewards if I had actually played Origins already. Damn backlog.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC I think the issue with those games might have been how I moved them over.
I recall you mentioned that to me when I first did it since I recall I just copied and pasted them onto the HDD without the shell link the first time I did it. Only thing I can assume is the ones that came from my laptop and were then put in the HDD just bugged out for some reason. Perhaps a file saying it was from the Laptop but it was trying to run it from somewhere else is all I can think of.

I assume the games that reside on your HDD are in a folder that you've designated within Steam as a secondary library folder. Did you move the games into Your-library-folder\SteamApps\common (the common folder isn't generated automatically)?

Jawmuncher

I assume the games that reside on your HDD are in a folder that you've designated within Steam as a secondary library folder. Did you move the games into Your-library-folder\SteamApps\common (the common folder isn't generated automatically)?

Thats what I did at first until you told me about the shell link. The games that were on the laptop I dragged and dropped onto the external before I did the shell. I think when I did that and tried to play them from there (once again before the shell) it deleted them or did something to make it so that steam wanted to download them again. Then I guess the damage was already done with those titles even after I used the shell link.

radMonkey

I had trouble finding the reward page, ha. Is the link to it actually visible anywhere on the main site or am I just blind?
Anyways, found it in the KB article and looks like my last reward with a tick is from 17th of January. Then a large time gap, and then a bunch of "played a game for a first time" from 26th and 27th of March without a tick. Dunno, maybe nothing happened during those 2 months. :p I haven't actually tried to go after any of the rewards, just kind of thought that it would work itself out in the background.

So I guess it's working now, since those "first time games" are pretty recent, just hasn't transferred over to gmg yet.

I'd probably jump on those Blackgate rewards if I had actually played Origins already. Damn backlog.

Yup, on the homepage if you click the balance it'll take you through. I realise that's not brilliant or obvious, which is why we're rebuilding the rewards page and changing a few UX things in the near future.

We did have a huge bug with rewards, which you can read about here. That's why there's that gap

Make sure you log into your GMG account and wait 12-24 hours otherwise it won't transfer/deposit. That's a beta niggle, apologies.

nampad

I can't remember Davey Wreden talking about the possiblity of a console port, so I guess the answer is no.

Ok, thank you. This means The Stanley Parable will be my number 500 game :)
To celebrate this occasion and because I got so lucky with recent giveaways, I want to give something back.
The winner from this raffle can choose 1 game* under €10 from Steam, Humble store or GMG he will receive from me as a gift.

*The game has to be available in Germany (e.g. Typing of the Dead isn't). Beware of censored versions.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

<10 game from Steam, Humble or GMG -- MB-356756D68AC23DD6

t1396539271z1.png

Turfster

To celebrate this occasion and because I got so lucky with recent giveaways, I want to give something back.
The winner from this raffle can choose 1 game* under €10 from Steam, Humble store or GMG he will receive from me as a gift.

This is amazingly generous of you.

The indiegala Doorways bundle unlocked No Time to Explain.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

No Time to Explain -- MB-A07354D94AD308EB - Taken by Cth
No Time to Explain #2 -- MB-B82081187F0F2487 - Taken by kudoboi

Thats what I did at first until you told me about the shell link. The games that were on the laptop I dragged and dropped onto the external before I did the shell. I think when I did that and tried to play them from there (once again before the shell) it deleted them or did something to make it so that steam wanted to download them again. Then I guess the damage was already done with those titles even after I used the shell link.

Yeah, that's strange.

Ok, thank you. This means The Stanley Parable will be my number 500 game :)
The winner from this raffle can choose 1 game* under &#8364;10 from Steam, Humble store or GMG he will receive from me as a gift.

*The game has to be available in Germany (e.g. Typing of the Dead isn't). Beware of censored versions.

custom giveaway, that is super kind and cool, you rule !

Waking Mars hooked me in a way that I don't want to leave the martian caves, I want to explore it more and more to discover the secrets it may contain.

It's good isn't it? :)

From screens I thought it would be a straight forward metroidvania and I was okay with that. I was really surprised to find it was so story driven. Normally all the talky talky parts would be a huge turn off for me but the voice work and simple animation in those parts was so well done I found it enchanting and couldn't help but love the two characters. Glad you're enjoying it :).

insta-buy

I don't even have a gif for this. This looks damn incredible.

Metroid Prime HD is that you? :eek:

Firebrand

The Indie Royale: Florida Bundle is coming out today.

Pay the minimum for:

- Defense Technica
- Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
- Stronghold Crusader HD
- Blacksoul: Extended Edition
- Angvik
- Zombies On A Plane

Edit: Welp, beaten by a hour.
Oh, getting this for Stronghold Crusader HD. Cheers.

MUnited83

For you.
Betting the the indie royale will start just as soon as I need to go away, to then return a few hours later and have the prices be high as hell.

FloatOn

seeing some of the amazon set top box stuff today... I kind of wish there was a steambox variant that was a micro-console size and price that only played indie games on steam.

I'd have one in every room in my house.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Goat Simulator is poorly optimized. Like really poor optimized. Capcom games are looking good in comparison to that. But they probably wanted it that way.

I never ever had a problem with a UE3 game... until this game came along.
Capcom games post-DMC3/O3/first RE4 port have been absolutely excellent, DMC4 ran butter smooth (although not locked to 60fps, always above 45) on my laptop with 2GHz C2D and 8600M GT

JaseC

seeing some of the amazon set top box stuff today... I kind of wish there was a steambox variant that was a micro-console size and price that only played indie games on steam.

Buy an Ouya and install SteamOS on it.

as they said they sent beta keys every week. :(
or ask one from him?

I'm not particularly fussed. It's not as though I'd play the game. ;)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have two coupons for 20% off for escape goat 2, I will trade them for a deluxe pre-order of dark souls II.
lol just ask

Grief.exe

Didn't they plan from the beginning to sell a cheap Steam Machine that would allow for easy in-home streaming?

JaseC

Didn't they plan from the beginning to sell a cheap Steam Machine that would allow for easy in-home streaming?

Nah, Gabe was just explaining the three tiers he saw Steam Machines falling into (small devices for streaming, more expensive systems that strike a balance between price and power, and high-end systems that go for broke). Valve had intended to release its own machine that fell into tier #2 but later put the idea on the backburner in favour of seeing how people react to third-party offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom