• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing some of the amazon set top box stuff today... I kind of wish there was a steambox variant that was a micro-console size and price that only played indie games on steam.

I'd have one in every room in my house.

The Amazon FireTV box looks cool, but no HBO Go or WWE Network (yet?). They do sell a controller for it though (separately), which makes me think it's trying to be more than just Roku and closer to (but not quite) a Steam Machine. The Fire tablets play Android games from the Amazon storefront, so I assume this will be the same way.

Grief.exe

The Amazon FireTV box looks cool, but no HBO Go or WWE Network (yet?). They do sell a controller for it though (separately), which makes me think it's trying to be more than just Roku. The Fire tablets play Android games from the Amazon storefront, so I assume this will be the same way.

Probably just waiting on licencing agreements or HBO to create the actual app in the new ecosystem. I doubt they will ignore it longterm as the other set top boxes have it available.

Possible to set up in-home streaming from this new box in the future?

spare

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravity Badgers -- MB-1A7795AD915682D9

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I am not mistaken, you cannot install SteamOS on non x86 hardware.

Ah. Even assuming it were possible I suppose streaming wouldn't be too great without hardware-accelerated decoding, anyway; I strongly doubt Nvidia's desktop drivers offer support for the Tegra line.

HoosTrax

I'd love a handheld based on x86 architecture, but my very general understanding is that it's not well suited for mobile (too power hungry).

It's good isn't it? :)

From screens I thought it would be a straight forward metroidvania and I was okay with that. I was really surprised to find it was so story driven. Normally all the talky talky parts would be a huge turn off for me but the voice work and simple animation in those parts was so well done I found it enchanting and couldn't help but love the two characters. Glad you're enjoying it :).

I'm liking the voice work it works wonders to help telling the story, and experimenting with the "plants" to see how they react with the other lifeforms is engaging.

Backlogger

Hmm, might have to replace my Roku with this new Amazon box. The optional controller looks awesome for simple mobile based games

Grief.exe

I'd love a handheld based on x86 architecture, but my very general understanding is that it's not well suited for mobile (too power hungry).

That is why ARM originally came out as an alternative I believe, x86 required too much power and produced too much heat.

Grief.exe

Fire TV has an ethernet port, what kind of roadblocks would be in the way for native In-Home Streaming support?

feature-techspecs-popup.jpg

JaseC

AGEOD just added Metacritic data to the Pride of Nations DLC so I assume the game is finally on its way back.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fire TV has an ethernet port, what kind of roadblocks would be in the way for native In-Home Streaming support?

feature-techspecs-popup.jpg

Closed, non-x86 based architecture. Our best bet would be if Valve released an Android version of SteamOS for streaming. But, that's not likely to happen any time soon.

fantomena

Be gentle. Game costs 93.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galactic Civilizations III -- MB-29166E1ED4A6E175 - Taken by nampad. 40 entrants total.

t1396466595z1.png

As far as I know these are still available from yesterdays giveaway. They should all be first come first serve at this point. If it was already taken....I am sorry, modbot was on the fritz. Also if you win And Yet It Moves or Offspring Fling the code is for a humble bundle gift paste it after https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=
ModBot said:
I am giving away 46 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bionic Dues -- MB-3CFCBF28D2C29A65 - Taken by HoosTrax. 7 entrants total.
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood -- MB-B84CA13281DEDE41
Party of Sin -- MB-F0DB9F836F2DA0F0
Offspring Fling -- MB-D89C7253119B09CB - Taken by PandaPedinte. 3 entrants total.
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-B96E4E6EC7E41481 - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.
Rush Bros #2 -- MB-954C756E9575B18A - Taken by Tellaerin. 4 entrants total.
Dogfight 1942 -- MB-51483511311A39FD - Taken by Mugatu. 5 entrants total.
Primal Fears -- MB-75310D5AEB2BF2A2 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 6 entrants total.
3089 -- MB-D58E58FB771A5510 - Taken by Cth. 14 entrants total.
Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-EA1AF456BD6004CF - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Little Racers Street -- MB-435418C18DD4F03A - Taken by dot
Gravity Badgers -- MB-71568301F58938DC
Gish -- MB-47BBE54D9F1F2C71
Rush Bros -- MB-19511E44DFA72A39 - Taken by Dambrosi. 4 entrants total.
Astro Tripper -- MB-508EA8E4D5E270BE - Taken by Dusk Golem. 6 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-CF2F481DCFF9005D
Driftmoon -- MB-5D6236157BA38121 - Taken by Scipius. 6 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-3F368DE85E031D91
Pid -- MB-91CC578C93EF7719
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-D0FC1BC929B522A9 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 7 entrants total.
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-0CA6C76AB02F73B5
Tower Wars -- MB-4C698D71ECE1D1AB - Taken by TuckingFypo. 9 entrants total.

t1396391127z1.png

and this too

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

No Time To Explain -- MB-E7E74FEAC0F06AFA - Taken by kulapik

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As far as I know these are still available from yesterdays giveaway. They should all be first come first serve at this point. If it was already taken....I am sorry, modbot was on the fritz. Also if you win And Yet It Moves or Offspring Fling the code is for a humble bundle gift paste it after https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

Thank you for Astro Tripper, surprised there were so many entries so quickly for it though.

Grief.exe

Closed, non-x86 based architecture. Our best bet would be if Valve released an Android version of SteamOS for streaming. But, that's not likely to happen any time soon.

I thought the Nvidia Shield was compatible with In-Home Streaming, but that is their own streaming solution apparently.
I was thinking Valve already had an ARM compatible solution.

I would think it would add value to both products.

HoosTrax

Thanks for Bionic Dues! Been curious about this one, but of all of the bundles it has come in, I've usually owned the rest of the games.

Scipius

Thanks for Driftmoon, a&c, but that was much faster than 3 hours of course. Looks like ModBot will simply give it rightaway to whomever sends in a code now; perhaps the other entrants listed are from the previous thread?

JaseC

Thanks for Driftmoon, a&c, but that was much faster than 3 hours of course. Looks like ModBot will simply give it rightaway to whomever sends in a code now; perhaps the other entrants listed are from the previous thread?

He said the giveaway was from yesterday and if you look at the countdown image you'll see there's no countdown. ;)

Thanks for Afterfall. Seems strange I got it though, seeing how there apparently were 6 other entrants.

Is modbot still sick?

I sent for air buccaneers 10 mins ago.

:/

Also modbot accepts humble gift links, when I've won a HB link, modbot gives the full link not just the code.

Scipius

He said the giveaway was from yesterday and if you look at the countdown image you'll see there's no countdown. ;)

Ah, so he copied in the rules from the old giveaway as well, rather than creating a new one. ModBot works in mysterious ways, but it's good to know it hasn't gone rogue just yet.

Some screenshots for Age of Mythology. All at 16:10

Nice. I missed out this Age of* game. I was under the impression it was inferior to the standard Age of* games. Was surprised to know this was not the case. Always wanted to try it out.

Whats so extended about the extended edition? Its a 3d PC game, you could always run it in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom