• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some screenshots for Age of Mythology. All at 16:10

Looks good. Here's the feature list:

- The original Age of Mythology + The Titans Expansion (Includes Golden Gift)
- Release: Early May
- Pre-Purchase on Steam Early April

Improved Visuals
- Time of Day
- Improved water
- Shadows
- Bump / Specular maps
- Global Lighting
- Antialiasing & Ambient Occlusion

Full Steamworks Integration
- Workshop mod manager
- Multiplayer
- Achievements
- Trading Cards
- Leagues / Badges / Events
- Cloud saves

Extended Features
- Twitch Integration
- Treaty Mode
- Enhanced Observer mode

This is more a remaster than a simple re-release. It's a little saddening that we'll soon have every AoE on Steam save for the original. :(

JaseC

Don't Starve's "Reign of Giants" DLC has hit Early Access and is 20% off ($3.99) until the end of the month.

Does'nt AOE2 kind of make AOE1 obsolete?

Not really. You could argue that AoK plays better but the settings/time periods are completely different, so there's enough room for the original games, too. I'd love to see AoE and Rise of Rome get the AoE 2 HD treatment but at this point it's rather obvious that too much of their source assets have been lost to time for such a project to be viable.

Deques

Still no achievements in sight.

Didn't the developers said that they didn't add achievements because they wanted to let the players play the game without some guideline? Having achievements would make the players play the game in a certain way to unlock them

Jawmuncher

Bought a game from Bundlestars....have yet to get any emails at all from them. Not even a password reset I asked for and it's been a few hours WTH

The Indie Royale: Florida Bundle is coming out today.

Pay the minimum for:

- Defense Technica
- Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
- Stronghold Crusader HD
- Blacksoul: Extended Edition
- Angvik
- Zombies On A Plane

Edit: Welp, beaten by a hour.

This bundle is out now, and I don't own a single game in it. That doesn't happen often anymore.

derExperte

The Florida Bundle

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Defense Technica for: Steam - Win, Mac
Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure for: Steam - Win
Stronghold Crusader HD for: Win - Steam, Desura, DRM Free
BlackSoul: Extended Edition for: Win - Steam, DRM free, Desura
Angvik for: Win, Mac - Steam , DRM free, Desura
Zombies On A Plane for: Win, Mac - Desura, DRM free. OST. Greenlight

Grief.exe

Didn't the developers said that they didn't add achievements because they wanted to let the players play the game without some guideline? Having achievements would make the players play the game in a certain way to unlock them

Yes but the game released on PS4 with a large amount of achievements. Probably just a platform requirement, but would be cool to extend the same courtesy to PC gamers.

This bundle is out now, and I don't own a single game in it. That doesn't happen often anymore.

One key for the entire collection? Or individual keys?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-FD1E14EA3A1951B2 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 5 entrants total.

t1396459307z1.png

HoosTrax

I've heard that rationale as well.

I don't see encouraging that kind of behavior as necessarily bad though, as I find it pushes me to try new approaches that I might not otherwise, instead of locking myself into a very specific way of playing and never delving into other possibilities.

Don't Starve's "Reign of Giants" DLC has hit Early Access and is 20% off ($3.99) until the end of the month.

Cool... maybe they'll finally update/patch the PS4 trophies in as...

Still no achievements in sight.

DAMMIT.

Yes but the game released on PS4 with a large amount of achievements. Probably just a platform requirement, but would be cool to extend the same courtesy to PC gamers.

It is a platform requirement. All PS4 games must have trophies (same for PS3 nowadays and Vita as well).

However, nothing is stopping them from patching that stuff into the PC version, I'd wager. I won't be supporting the game any more until they do.
I held off on playing it because I thought they might get patched in. At this point, I'll continue to do so (and most likely will not support the game) unless it comes to fruition.
I'm sure someday I'll own a PS4 and I already have the game there for free thanks to PS+... so there's a chance I might play it someday, but again, I won't touch it (or support the franchise) on PC until they patch the trophies in as achievements.
It might never happen, but I have over 1000 other games to play, so I'm okay with that. :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-13C95DABB00EBB26 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.

t1396459575z1.png

Jawmuncher

I've heard that rationale as well.

I don't see encouraging that kind of behavior as necessarily bad though, as I find it pushes me to try new approaches that I might not otherwise, instead of locking myself into a very specific way of playing and never delving into other possibilities.

Agreed. I actually stopped playing don't starve because I had no motivation to do anything. I'm not really big on just "exploring and doing stuff" one of the reasons i'm not big on games like Terraria and Minecraft.

JaseC

How does this work exactly? I don't know anything about this whole trading stuff on Steam.

Generally speaking you buy CS/Dota 2/TF2 keys, which are worth ~$2 99% of the time, and use them as currency, but some traders also accept PayPal. The upside to using keys is that there's an inherent safety net as if something goes awry you can ask Valve to reverse the trade, whereas with PayPal you'd be at the mercy of eBay's notoriously inconsistent/terrible customer service.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Blacksoul Extended Edition -- MB-10D6EECE1E7CC99D - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 6 entrants total.

t1396459800z1.png

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-9E125C5BE68E90A8 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Defense Technica -- MB-986E142A9FC20599 - Taken by derExperte
Stronghold Crusader HD -- MB-68BD8BBDCA4ED46A - Taken by Sajjaja
Angvik -- MB-6A092AE04D877062 - Taken by Nabs
Marc Ecko's Getting Up -- MB-6B990925564AE005 - Taken by Grief.exe

nampad

I'd love a handheld based on x86 architecture, but my very general understanding is that it's not well suited for mobile (too power hungry).

A x86 handheld is my dream device and with the recent developments in the x86 tech it should be possible. Intel and AMD did gain some ground on the heat and power consumption of their SoCs. The Bay Trail tablets were shown playing TF2 so more low end games are quite possible. The presentation of the AMD envelope PC was also very impressive playing Fifa in 1080p.
Unfortunately, nobody is interested in developing such a device. The chinese hardware companies who release Android handheld after Android handheld are probably not important enough to deal with Intel or AMD.

Jawmuncher

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 9 April
40% off

Another Xbox game ported over. Not a very good one though.

Xbox you say? I've never heard of it....will add it to the wishlist for when it hits dirt cheap.
Ah this is 360 not OG xbox. Still it'll stay added.
Also how does a game have Partial and Full controller support?

UPDATE: It's only 10% off

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-734FEDB16AB583C1 - Taken by Cyberquake. 6 entrants total.

t1396460251z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Rules for this Giveaway:

BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-FD1E14EA3A1951B2 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 5 entrants total.

t1396459307z1.png

Thank you for this, I don't have the funds to go bundle buying right now but wanted to get a copy of BlackSoul for a friend who likes older horror games, so I am grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom