• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Third time is the charm

4E5RjkD.jpg

uLUIlNZ.gif

Same here. GFWL is like walking through a shit storm. Wasn't a big fan of the game anyways. Maybe I'll give it another chance if/when Steamworks is there. Won't buy DS II for some time though.

GFWL is a nightmare. It never knows if it wants to sign me in or not. I had it working and then went back several months later to check something in Dark Souls and I couldn't get signed in -- so it wouldn't let me save. That's when I dropped the game permanently and said "if they ever port it to steamworks, I'll replay it." Originally, I would've been all about the double platinum, but dealing with GFWL and some of the prospects of having to try to lower the faith req for the one covenant were just too much.

I've not had a problem with Origin either but I barely use it.

The first time I used UPlay I was having issues with the cloud saving.

I've never really had a problem with Origin -- the little I've used it.
I can't say I've had issues with Uplay yet either.

I'm not entirely certain why but I had 76% off of Dragon Commander, perhaps because I own the other Divinity games? Whatever the reason, I bought it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I know how you guys like to get removed games on your account. So I decided to give you all* the chance to get one of those. This is not available anymore on the Steam store, at least until GFWL is removed (if ever). This is a racing game with an explorable overworld. This is incredibly big. This is Fuel.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fuel -- MB-6F844C79A87B8932 - Taken by derExperte. 21 entrants total.

t1397188270z1.png

*: by "all" I mean everyone who has given away at least one game through ModBot and isn't known to be an abuser

Nzyme32

Well I've grabbed an extra copy of mxgp and "accidentally" bought 4 copies of prey to give away with some other games at some point early next week.

Keep an eye out!

Just spent the best part of an hour collecting Steam keys from various places and entering them into a nice Google doc. Hopefully will put about 50 into a giveaway this weekend :)

dani_dc

The demo (available on Steam) felt a tad janky but the user reviews are mostly positive and if you want motocross the choices are limited.

Good enough for me, never played a motocross game before but I tend to enjoy racing games that aren't trying to be simulators.
Thanks for the heads up and the info!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I know how you guys like to get removed games on your account. So I decided to give you all* the chance to get one of those. This is not available anymore on the Steam store, at least until GFWL is removed (if ever). This is a racing game with an explorable overworld. This is incredibly big. This is Fuel.

A quien asaltaste? :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just spent the best part of an hour collecting Steam keys from various places and entering them into a nice Google doc. Hopefully will put about 50 into a giveaway this weekend :)
I've been doing this for a few months now, though I haven't reached 50. I just decided to put Fuel in its own giveaway instead of grouping it with the rest :p

A quien asaltaste? :p
No entendí el chiste :(

Hell yeah to Below coming to Steam. Also excited to see Jim Guthrie is doing the music, I'm pretty fond of Superbrothers mostly thanks to his work.

okayfrog

Banned
I asked about this Playfire thing earlier and now I'm home and would like to set it up. I installed the Playfire Vulcan thing, but I'm not sure that I actually need that. Do I just play my Steam games like normal and check to see if I'm meeting some achievements on the Playfire site? That simple?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I've been doing this for a few months now, though I haven't reached 50. I just decided to put Fuel in its own giveaway instead of grouping it with the rest :p

No entendí el chiste :(

I was just wondering where did you get it :p

*: by "all" I mean everyone who has given away at least one game through ModBot and isn't known to be an abuser

Really nice. This is a game from my hometown :)

dani_dc

Good enough for me, never played a motocross game before but I tend to enjoy racing games that aren't trying to be simulators.
Thanks for the heads up and the info!

This posts exemplifies my high standards of decision for game purchases.
The sad thing is that it's an improvement over my previous standards.

I asked about this Playfire thing earlier and now I'm home and would like to set it up. I installed the Playfire Vulcan thing, but I'm not sure that I actually need that. Do I just play my Steam games like normal and check to see if I'm meeting some achievements on the Playfire site? That simple?

I didn't install anything and it still works, didn't get any acheivements unlocked in their site for a few weeks so I thought it wasn't working, but a few weeks later they updated my profile with the acheivements I had unlocked since the creation of the profile.

The problem isn't Steam as a service (as long as you don't expect any or good CS), but Steam as a client. It's a terrible mess and just because other clients might not be as fully featured or worse in some regards, it doesn't mean it's the holy grail of PC gaming. It should be way better, considering the money Valve made thanks to it.

There is a legitimate discussion to be had on the problems of Steam regarding their recent downtime spree or missing features etc. What I don't get is loudly complaining about a 5 year old game having 10gb of new content and fixes and Valve assuming that the latest version is also the best experience. And especially when games come out these days which aren't even functional until a day one patch is applied. Is it Steam's fault then too that people can't 'play off their disc' so to speak?

Mandatory patching is just how Steam works. And all it requires is a little patience. It's not dismissive to suggest that people turn to consoles if they simply must play the game immediately. If someone feels that the benefits of playing on PC are outweighed by the convenience of playing on consoles, more power to them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
hmm why is bundlestars charging $5.99 for the EU3 Complete Bundle now :(
their email said $4.99

Odd. It's showing up as $4.99 for me.

As far as I know, yes. Like dani said, I didn't install anything either and the same happened for me. Just make sure to check the blog posts occasionally to see which rewards you can fulfill.

Maybe they add local taxes?

I'm not sure. I'm pretty awful at math, but wouldn't the necessary sales tax rate to get a whole dollar at that price be 20%? That's double the highest rate I know of in the US.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Hey GAFers who won Knurek's giveaway -- what was it?
The one I got is either Dust, Guacamelee, Fez or The Swapper, but I already got all those. Going to relist it tomorrow if Knurek doesn't do it first :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, is Carmageddon: Reincarnation any good in its current state or looking like something that will be worthwhile at launch?

There's not much to it and performance is terrible. I'd give it another few months at the least.

Looks like SimCity 4 Deluxe is getting Steamplay support (Mac).

The interesting thing to note is that this will be EA's first SteamPlay title (excluding a couple of EA Partners titles).

Thanks! In for one!

Bah, I would have been able to get a copy for myself if I hadn't read through the thread first (it's unavailable now).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is the Strike Suit Zero DC upgrade worth $3? I think that's what I paid for the game (still haven't tried it).
It has lots of thumbs down on steam with people saying it is bugged out, thus not as good as the original which actually works.

dani_dc

I wish I had that level of self control. I have no idea what I just bought.

As you can see by my previous post, my level of self-control is just slightly above "buying anything"... Well it at least stops me from buying anything that's discounted regardless of what it is.

derExperte

Bah, I would have been able to get a copy for myself if I hadn't read through the thread first (it's unavailable now).

I didn't expect them to react this quickly in the middle of the night. Or key resellers started to buy in mass and security measures kicked in. Should've grabbed a few more myself for those interested here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom