• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't expect them to react this quickly in the middle of the night. Or key resellers started to buy in mass and security measures kicked in. Should've grabbed a few more myself for those interested here.

It's already up on G2A for AUD$15, haha.

Bah, I would have been able to get a copy for myself if I hadn't read through the thread first (it's unavailable now).

Sorry mate -- I just grabbed one for myself and went back to what I was preoccupied with. Seems like I should have tried to grab a few more to hook people in this thread up.

JaseC

I'm surprised the only thing they have messed with is the names of the games.

Assuming that is what happened, the person probably doesn't want to risk Valve tracking him/her down by causing trouble.

Sorry mate -- I just grabbed one for myself and went back to what I was preoccupied with. Seems like I should have tried to grab a few more to hook people in this thread up.

It's okay, I forgive you.

One last Grim Dawn thing and then I'll shut up about it for the day. Here's a pic of the skill tree. On the bottom is the overall class level, you have to allocate points into this to unlock more abilities. Above are all of your active and passive abilities. My Occultist build is currently split between my pets, a raven familiar and a rifthound, and a lot of damage over time spells. The select a class shown in the upper left hand corner next to my main class is the optional subclass which I am currently ignoring. Been having a lot of fun with this class, I hope I start finding more class specific gear as I go, currently I only have a musty tome to use in place of a shield that buffs a lot of my favourite spells.

4785CAB1BBEF36C85DFF0E4EE1274D189C43B3FD

Is there a thread for Warlock 2 - released today? I can't find it.

Don't think there is one. The first Warlock was an alright game but it was a fairly low key release. And I don't think it has an ardent following like some of the other games Paradox publishes. I'm kind of interested in it. But I just bought Age of Wonders 3 and Divinity: Dragon Commander. I also didn't put much time into the original, despite its amazing announcer.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to start Alice Madness Returns tonight. After playing it for 70 minutes I can say it looks really nice and the platforming feels a bit easy with the spinny thing, though it'll probably get harder later on. I think I see why some people complained about the levels being too long; it's been over an hour and I'm still on the first level, not counting the intro section. Let's hope I don't get bored before I can finish the game.

And I almost punched someone when I launched it. It has Origin integration, which requires an account. So I put my login details, and then it asks me for the CD key. I paste the one that Steam provided me with and the stupid program says it's already used. How so, I have no idea, because that was the first time I ever launched the game, so I hadn't had a chance to use the key yet. Turns out I managed to fix that by logging in on the Origin website and redeeming the key on my account from there. Once I did that the launcher didn't ask me for the key again, and instead opened the game once I put my login info. So if anyone wants to know why I think other DD services are worse than Steam, here's a recent example.

I was just wondering where did you get it :p
Ohh I see, lol. I got it from an Indie Gala bundle I think, and since I already had it I was saving the key for a giveaway. Finally decided to make it today.

Really nice. This is a game from my hometown :)
I have no idea where's that, I only play Finnish games!

I had signed up to Playfire like two months ago. I went to my rewards page and it says I have a bunch of rewards earned, but my balance is 0.00 and I don't have any credit added to GMG. All my accounts are linked correctly. I put in a support ticket but haven't gotten any response.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I just incurred into this trading deal thing for the first time, got ASM for 2 keys and a ticket.
Not bad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would not be surprised if it is the guys behind Enhanced Steam. Very clever folks and they were aware of the vulnerabilities early on.

Wasn't us.

ryan-it-wasnt-me.gif

_hekk05

Banned
One last Grim Dawn thing and then I'll shut up about it for the day. Here's a pic of the skill tree. On the bottom is the overall class level, you have to allocate points into this to unlock more abilities. Above are all of your active and passive abilities. My Occultist build is currently split between my pets, a raven familiar and a rifthound, and a lot of damage over time spells. The select a class shown in the upper left hand corner next to my main class is the optional subclass which I am currently ignoring. Been having a lot of fun with this class, I hope I start finding more class specific gear as I go, currently I only have a musty tome to use in place of a shield that buffs a lot of my favourite spells.

Don't think there is one. The first Warlock was an alright game but it was a fairly low key release. And I don't think it has an ardent following like some of the other games Paradox publishes. I'm kind of interested in it. But I just bought Age of Wonders 3 and Divinity: Dragon Commander. I also didn't put much time into the original, despite its amazing announcer.

Mmm Grim Dawn looks interesting. Should have tried for it a few modbot posts back

JaseC

Yes the Data Base.

Oh, they will never publically admit to doing so. I just feel like they have the ability and motivation.

Sure, that's a given, but there is the risk of Valve itself discovering who's been changing the app names. In the interest of caution it'd make more sense to take to a less direct approach, such as jumping on Twitter and recommending Valve reset partner log-ins because a "source" said some were compromised.

derExperte

I had signed up to Playfire like two months ago. I went to my rewards page and it says I have a bunch of rewards earned, but my balance is 0.00 and I don't have any credit added to GMG. All my accounts are linked correctly. I put in a support ticket but haven't gotten any response.

When was the last time you logged into GMG before today? Cause you have to once in a while.

When was the last time you logged into GMG before today? Cause you have to once in a while.

About a week ago. Even yesterday and today I have earned some rewards that show on my Playfire rewards page as having been completed, but my Playfire balance is still 0.00

My two day old support ticket is "Awaiting assignment to a support agent"

derExperte

Mmm Grim Dawn looks interesting. Should have tried for it a few modbot posts back

There was a Grim Dawn giveaway? But I should have bought it during its last sale a few weeks ago.

About a week ago. Even yesterday and today I have earned some rewards that show on my Playfire rewards page as having been completed, but my Playfire balance is still 0.00

Then support it is.

Welp.

_hekk05

Banned

My ticket took like a week. Just relax. PlayFire rewards as a whole is pretty buggy and there are probably loads of tickets. They'll get to it eventually, as long as you provide the needed info in your ticket.

Unless you want to keep bugging radmonkey here, just wait patiently.

There was a Grim Dawn giveaway? But I should have bought it during its last sale a few weeks ago.

I seem to remember one.

JaseC

Does GamerGate provde Steam Keys? Ghost Recon Future Soldier is currently 75% off there ($4.99)

GamersGate makes absolutely zero effort to obtain Steam keys for games that aren't Steamworks (but despite this there are a few non-Steamworks games that do come with Steam keys). For instance, the Dreamcast Collection it offers uses the much-reviled StarForce.

They only provide steam keys for steamworks games.

GamersGate makes absolutely zero effort to obtain Steam keys for games that aren't Steamworks (but despite this there are a few non-Steamworks games that do come with Steam keys). For instance, the Dreamcast Collection it offers uses the much-reviled StarForce.
Damn, that's a nice deal

So the only way to get GR:FS on Steam is through Steam? Gamefly and GMG don't seem to offer Steam keys either

Velvet Assassin is a stealth games with problems I will admit, but underneath some of those flaws of design, beneath the technical problems that keep it from being as good as it should, is still an experience I believe is worth trying out for those who like these types of games and want another title in their library with a competent female lead.
Also look up the real life Violette Szabo, who was the inspiration for this game.

Thanks for Velvet Assassin :)

Dynasty Warriors being sold on Steam! #believe

I said this in the Dynasty Warriors 8 thread, but very little else in gaming would make me happier than this. Imagine the amount of peons! I already have DW8XL on Vita, but having it on PC may just prevent me from getting a PS4 early.

A proper mouse support would be great.

While I enjoy the Warriors games on (handheld) controls, implementing a decent mouse and keyboard setup would be fairly simple on their part.

pahamrick

A few leftovers from recent purchases and bundles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Unmechanical Desura -- MB-76D07A18E77A95ED
Dust AET -- MB-0BAC17511F6AAC80 - Taken by TuckingFypo
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe Desura -- MB-A8F9B1826469FB39
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-0D3497C603580FDA - Taken by zeroOman
ulgzbKC.png
Ultionus Desura -- MB-ADDE67B52BBFA955
Fez -- MB-FA2D0E659402042D - Taken by jon bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom