• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad the gameplay would still be inferior to other 3D fighters. :p
DoA5 is still a damn good fighter.

Besides...there's currently a whole lot of nothing in terms of 3D fighters on Steam. I say if Tecmo/Koei can bring it, we the consumers can make it a success, then Sega & Namco/Bandai will follow suit.

Everybody wins.

kurahador

Does anybody want to split the Daedalic Super Bundle ($12.50 + PayPal's transaction fee, if any)? Buying 1954, Goodbye Deponia Premium and Memoria separately would cost me around $16. My trader isn't online just yet, though, so it may be a while before I get the pack.

Who's your trader if you don't mind me asking?
Thinking of buying that Divinity game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

JaseC

What does the collector's edition come with?

I'm not sure as Larian has ignored any and all queries about it, but:

6.jpg

7.jpg

I'd guess one of the above, minus the potions and possibly at a cheaper price due to the lack of a second copy of the game.

Does anybody want to split the Daedalic Super Bundle ($12.50 + PayPal's transaction fee, if any)? Buying 1954, Goodbye Deponia Premium and Memoria separately would cost me around $16. My trader isn't online just yet, though, so it may be a while before I get the pack.

Edit: Taking a closer look at the registry, I'll only get gift copies for: A New Beginning - Final Cut, Blackguards Deluxe, Chaos on Deponia, Deponia, Journey of a Roach, and Night of the Rabbit Premium, as they're the only ones I already own. Never mind. :(

You could always gift them to me. :p

DoA5 is still a damn good fighter.

Besides...there's currently a whole lot of nothing in terms of 3D fighters on Steam. I say if Tecmo/Koei can bring it, we the consumers can make it a success, then Sega & Namco/Bandai will follow suit.

Everybody wins.

I disagree. I tried DoA5 the other day... my first time since hating DoA3 or whatever was on the Dreamcast.. But if you're right and it gets me Tekken and Soul Calibur on Steam, so be it.

is there a 4pack for Broforce?

No.

Replied asking for Toukiden on Steam.

That would be the greatest news since Dark Souls got a PC port. Dynasty Warriors is awful so I hope they don't just do that :(

That somehow seems the most likely after the rush of handheld games coming to consoles/pc..., though I didn't think the game itself was very good.

I'll accept the Warriors Orochi games and the Ninja Gaiden catalog (NGB, NGS, NG2, NGS2, NG3:RE).

The shitty hitbox drives me crazy.

That's the joke! :lol

kurahador

Jerry. I found him on Steam Trades, IIRC. I wasn't a fan of Rash's profit margins on higher-priced items and went on a hunt for another trader who offered PayPal.

Alright...thanks.

Original Sins?
I assume he means Dragon Commander as it's on sale. Original Sin I'm very interested in but I'm waiting for the Collector's Edition to appear.

Yeah...Dragon Commander.

Anyone know what's the different between the Standard and Imperial edition for Dragon Commander?

impact

Banned
That somehow seems the most likely after the rush of handheld games coming to consoles/pc..., though I didn't think the game itself was very good.

I'll accept the Warriors Orochi games and the Ninja Gaiden catalog (NGB, NGS, NG2, NGS2, NG3:RE).

Typical Soul Sacrifice fan ;]

and yea I can't believe I forgot about Ninja Gaiden, though after NG3 and whatever the fuck Yaiba is who can blame me.

I'd buy the fuck out of NGB and vanilla NG2. Sadly it's probably just gonna be Dynasty Warriors or DoA :(

So I cashed in my GMG credit for Goat Simulator + Antisquad and with the 20% off I paid a total of $0.17 for the two. Now adding in cards for both and all the Goat Simulator playfire achievements...

l1n1dbO.jpg

Typical Soul Sacrifice fan ;]

and yea I can't believe I forgot about Ninja Gaiden, though after NG3 and whatever the fuck Yaiba is who can blame me.

I'd buy the fuck out of NGB and vanilla NG2. Sadly it's probably just gonna be Dynasty Warriors or DoA :(

Yaiba was a bunch of fun and -- as the development teams and creators said from the start -- was never intended to be a "Ninja Gaiden" game in the same sense as the other 3D action games.

I have a copy of Razor's Edge around here but haven't gotten to playing it yet. The demo seemed to improve the source material 10x over. I'd buy it to play on Steam for sure and just sell off my PS3 copy. As for NG and NG2, I'd prefer they port both versions of each (though I prefer NG2 over NG2S, NG2S did some cool things I'd still want access to).

As for NGB, I'll never understand what people have against Sigma... I've read the change lists and beaten Sigma at least twice... and I'm more than happy to keep playing Sigma as a lot of the changes they made seem like great additions/improvements.

JaseC

You could always gift them to me. :p

Well, on that note, if somebody wants to split the bundle at $8.50 for A New Beginning - Final Cut, Blackguards Deluxe, Chaos on Deponia, Deponia, Journey of a Roach, and Night of the Rabbit Premium, then I'm all for it. The cost at my end works out about the same as buying the three missing games separately.

Edit: Sorted.

molnizzle

Sweet baby Jesus big picture mode is awesome. Baked in web browser and sleep/restart/shut down controls? It's like I don't even have Windows anymore!

Best game console ever.

Well, on that note, if somebody wants to split the bundle at $8.50 for A New Beginning - Final Cut, Blackguards Deluxe, Chaos on Deponia, Deponia, Journey of a Roach, and Night of the Rabbit Premium, then I'm all for it. The cost at my end works out about the same as buying the three missing games separately.

So would have taken you up on the offer about 4 hours ago before I bought Blackguards Standard edition for $20!

impact

Banned
that game feels better on a handheld really. get a Vita!

Blasphemy. I expected better from someone with a Fred (?) avatar! :p And why on earth would you want a hunting game on a non-portable?

I own it on Vita. I just prefer my action games in a big screen and don't really find the Vita all that comfortable. But mostly because 5 inch screens suck big time for a game that revolves around fighting huge bosses.

And the online is dead on Vita so now I can't progress. Vita is such a disappointment, but this is not the thread for that.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! I've been wanting to replay NGB lately.

My man!

I assume he means Dragon Commander as it's on sale. Original Sin I'm very interested in but I'm waiting for the Collector's Edition to appear.

They're releasing a physical collectors edition for non-kick starter backers as well, so it maybe a reference to that. So I would expect OST ( Kirill did a superb job on it), Art book, cloth map, and possibly an ingame item.

Jawmuncher

I own it on Vita. I just prefer my action games in a big screen and don't really find the Vita all that comfortable. But mostly because 5 inch screens suck big time for a game that revolves around fighting huge bosses.

And the online is dead on Vita so now I can't progress. Vita is such a disappointment, but this is not the thread for that.

Game is doable solo just saying.

Guys....

I - I...

I think I'm done with Steam as my primary source of gamecome (games/income).

HumbleStore gives half my munies to charities.
Origin nets me airline miles.

What does Steam do? Give me cards that net me three cents that I can use to buy moar games from Steam?

I mean, I'll still use Steam. I'll still buy the big co-op games that I know people will be playing on Steam... and of course HB is Steam-friendly but there are just better alternatives for me at this point...

Steam isn't even a leader in sales anymore. They just don't want to innovate, acting like it is still 2009.

I feel weird.

Jawmuncher

Guys....

I - I...

I think I'm done with Steam as my primary source of gamecome (games/income).

HumbleStore gives half my munies to charities.
Origin nets me airline miles.

What does Steam do? Give me cards that net me three cents that I can use to buy moar games from Steam?

I mean, I'll still use Steam. I'll still buy the big co-p games that I know people will be playing on Steam... but there are just better alternatives for me at this point...

I feel weird.

Only thing I can say is exactly how much would need to be spent at Origin to get anything good with miles though?

Arthea

Yeah...Dragon Commander.

Anyone know what's the different between the Standard and Imperial edition for Dragon Commander?

I bought Imperial edition, it's basically one dlc, not sure what's in it as I couldn't find any description of the damn thing.

I was about to look for someone to split this bundle too, but obviously our possessions overlap, so it won't be me. I'm not so sure that it wouldn't be cheaper to buy those missing games at sales separately too, except Blackguards, I don't have it, and it seems there was no good discount for it and unlikely will be any time soon. Then again, I can wait.

Only thing I can say is exactly how much would need to be spent at Origin to get anything good with miles though?

Half my purchase would translate into miles.

Sure, it's not going to net me a free trip to Tahiti (
a wonderful place
), but it's something I get back in return that I value and can use elsewhere.

Same with being able to pay towards charity.

Jawmuncher

Half my purchase would translate into miles.

Sure, it's not going to net me a free trip to Tahiti (
a wonderful place
), but it's something I get back in return that I value and can use elsewhere.

Same with being able to pay towards charity.

The charity said I had nothing to say about. Since the charity angle means we should all be buying from Humble Bundle for the most part. But I can get where you mean though there aren't any real incentives to steam aside from perhaps the sales themselves.

Arthea

Dev documents on game, artwork, Soundtrack, and new skin for your dragon.

Well, I could have lived without it, but devs really know us too well, name it imperial edition and I'll be all over it for no other reason as it has to be great, it just has to! with a name like that (><)

edited: also it gives you access to beta, it probably even adds to gamecount, I think. The normal version gives it too?

Arthea

Even the sales are slipping.

I can get brand new games on Amazon Sales for up to 40% off at times.

I dunno man, you are little overreacting here.
Lemme tell you my recent story, I couldn't buy anything from steam store in anyway for a week, I sent valve ticket, their answer was not helpful at all, but in other week everything went back to normal and I can buy to my hearts content again!
You show me other services where waiting until things fix itself actually works every single time. See! there is none! except steam. (><)

sales are still good, region locking is bad though

JaseC

So would have taken you up on the offer about 4 hours ago before I bought Blackguards Standard edition for $20!

Haha, bad luck.

They're releasing a physical collectors edition for non-kick starter backers as well, so it may be a reference to that. So I would expect OST ( Kirill did a superb job on it) the, Art book, cloth map, and possibly an intake item.

Ah, that could be it. The price of the game isn't set to rise during/after Early Access, right?

I was about to look for someone to split this bundle too, but obviously our possessions overlap, so it won't be me. I'm not so sure that it wouldn't be cheaper to buy those missing games at sales separately too, except Blackguards, I don't have it, and it seems there was no good discount for it and unlikely will be any time soon. Then again, I can wait.

That's okay, corrosivefrost is on the case.

I dunno man, you are little overreacting here.
Lemme tell you my recent story, I couldn't buy anything from steam store in anyway for a week, I sent valve ticket, their answer was not helpful at all, but in other week everything went back to normal and I can buy to my hearts content again!
You show me other services where waiting until things fix itself actually works every single time. See! there is none! except steam. (><)

sales are still good, region locking is bad though

Not sure if serious.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I could have lived without it, but devs really know us too well, name it imperial edition and I'll be all over it for no other reason as it has to be great, it just has to! with a name like that (><)

edited: also it gives you access to beta, it probably even adds to gamecount, I think. The normal version gives it too?

Yeah, the Beta is a different sub (hear that JaseC :p). I'm pretty sure it was a Imperial edition exclusive, I don't remember the base game giving Beta access.

That's interesting.

The documents include the character flows for characters so I wouldn't read them unless you want to spoil the story. The video has footage of the early prototype when the game was less of an RTS and similar to LAIR (like Divinity 2) and if I recall correctly it has some of the only footage of them developing the canceled board game.

Ah, that could be it. The price of the game isn't set to rise during/after Early Access, right?

I thought you were a kick starter backer? Anyway, Swen (Larian owner/head developer) hasn't commented yet on if the post backer physical collection will be more expensive, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. The current game has a early access discount so the title should revert to it's normal price when the game releases, preorder discount not withstanding.

Darkroronoa

I logged into origin and it says i have completed 19 achivements of dead space 3. I never played dead space 3...
Some are april 3 and some are april 5, both 2014. Is it a bug? I never gave my codes to anyone.

JaseC

Yeah, the Beta is a different sub (hear that JaseC :p). I'm pretty sure it was a Imperial edition exclusive, I don't remember the base game giving Beta access.

The beta is in both editions of the game. It was a pre-order incentive but Larian simply never got around to making separate post-release subs with it excluded.

I thought you were a kick starter backer? Anyway Swen (Larian owner/head developer) hasn't commented yet on if the post backer physical collection will be more expensive, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. The current game has a early access discount so the title should revert to it's normal price when the game releases, preorder discount not withstanding.

Ah, that's what I was asking about. Cheers. I might buy it soon after all.

Edit: Oh, and nah, I didn't back the game. I've become disillusioned towards pledging to successful Kickstarters as the devs, understandably, can't guarantee that the higher-tier goodies will (or won't) carry over to Steam. I certainly wouldn't have backed Broken Age if I knew Double Fine was going to stuff up the key distribution and ignore any pleas by those who backed $25 or more to receive the Steam version of the OST. Utterly appalling, really.

At first:
DF Support said:
Yup, it's supposed to generate a code for the soundtrack version, and I see you as having the kickstarter tier, so you should be all good =)

But then:
DF Support said:
Alright, so talking to dude in charge, the soundtrack is not being distributed through steam but through the humble page, so that's where you can download it from

And later on:
DF Greg said:
Guys, unfortunately all the keys we distributed were just for the game. We did have the soundtrack accidentally propped to that, but it was since taken down because all backers had the same key. We&#8217;re looking into a solution though. Stay tuned!

[ Edited: 17 January 2014 02:47 AM by DF Greg ]

Nothing since. All DF had to do was make a separate sub for the OST alone, get keys from Valve, and submit them to Humble to distribute to those who pledged $25 or more. But nope.

Arthea

The beta is in both editions of the game. It was a pre-order incentive but Larian simply never got around to making separate post-release subs with it excluded.

You still need Imperial for that soundtrack, right? You won't pass on it, not you (><)

Looks like most of them are point and click games, Blackguards is the only exception. I probably should wait then

ya, I should have specified, by adventure games I had in mind point&click ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom