• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

uh these questions are awfully specific

i know nothing about these games :/

Bullshit your way through or leave them blank until you get to "opinions" and say Steam.

Am I kawaii~~ uguu~~

That gap

He dead

Not even PSO is immune to unicorns

Verdict:

Hilariously bad story-writing as usual. PSO2 delivers on a decent MMO experience. You depart to each quest through the drop ship and you're there alone unless you make a party. Each map instance is private and I know some won't like that.

Friend-making seems hard. You must be in the same place for you to add friends, which basically means the lobby. There are also about 20+ lobbies for beginners, those who want hard quests, and free-liners. You can also opt to join parties for quests in the lobby, though I can forsee it being hard to join random parties since most will go into this with established friends.

On customisations, they're pretty good. Accessories seem pretty limited, but you can make of it what you do. Major complaint is that you can't edit the angle and placement of cat ears, which is basically the entire reason I went into this. You can shape your face and body however else you wish though. I also want a nicer outfit, but I think you can find those as you progress through the game.
After Black Desert though, they pale in comparison.

On performance, I'm playing on default, which delivers a smooth 60 fps (my laptop's limit), except for weird places where it slows to a crawl of single-digit fps for about 2 seconds. Usually happens during loading or when starting dialogue, so it doesn't affect gameplay much, but can really make your eye twitch if you're really sensitive to this.

Also hair physics are pretty hilarious.

There's also a hidden 4th class that they don't allow us to use. Asiasoft pls.

Steam overlay also doesn't work as the actual game client is separate from the game launcher.

Overall, a pretty enjoyable beta experience. *Rubbing it in your faces*
m1YMRlh.png

_hekk05

Banned
I already put 200+ hours into the Japanese version.
*scratches head*

I suppose *sigh* Though it was mostly Milamber's face

Although we get translated menus and items and text dialogue. VAs are still Japanese. Here's hoping SEGA sees the light and make it available everywhere.

If ever there was an argument for cloud gaming, it is now.

Aerocrane

I'm surprised to see Garry's Mod as a part of the Humble Weekly Sale. Surely almost everyone on Steam already has that game. I'm guessing we'll see Garry posting more emails from hackers complaining about getting VAC'd real soon.

Dr Dogg

Well Ubi must really working hard to try and give uPlay some relevance as I've just got an email saying that their Spring Sale is on, with over 400 titles on sale and some up to -75% off. Though saying that I think some are Steamworks so might be worth a look-see.

NEO0MJ

Need a little help. Just bought Dark Souls II from GMG, when are they going to send me the key? This is the first time I bought something from them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Need a little help. Just bought Dark Souls II from GMG, when are they going to send me the key? This is the first time I bought something from them.

That's in the publisher's hands but generally speaking you get a key in time to pre-load.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

JaseC

If I remember, I'll fill out the surveys later and just put "I would buy these games if they were on Steam" in all of the text fields. I think that would get my point across. ;)

Milamber

What else do TK make that would interest me?
Titles that interest me...

Gitaroo Man
Kessen
Monster Rancher
Mystic Heroes
Night Life (heh!)
Opoona
Prey the Stars
Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation
Quantum Theory
Persona 3
Super Swing Golf Pangya
Tecmo Bowl
Tokobot
Uncharted Waters

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee -- MB-26DDE696F7F2738E - Taken by Nzyme32. 1 entrants total.

t1397211448z1.png

Very good game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
both indiegala bundles end today, can we assume there will be at least 1 new one?

So wait, even the Ubisoft games like Child of Light, Watch Dogs and Trials Fusion don't come with a Steam key at GMG?

no. if a game doesnt state "this game requires a steam account to activate" it doesnt come with a steam key. it baffles me that people still dont realise / notice this (nothing personal, just in general)

JaseC

So wait, even the Ubisoft games like Child of Light, Watch Dogs and Trials Fusion don't come with a Steam key at GMG?

Correct. Ubi doesn't provide Steam keys by default; other retailers have to push for them, as Amazon does.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Isn't Ghost Recon: Phantoms supposed to be F2P?

Woah, they brought that Uplay enabled F2P Ghost Recon to Steam?

It wasn't bad when I was in the beta, but it performed pretty badly on my laptop. I guess I should try it again now that I got more powerful hardware. I enjoyed the animations the most. Getting into cover was pretty nice for a free to play third person title.

Madridista said:
Is Sniper Elite V2 worth the sales price?

Yes.

Is it just sniping with no moving around?

No. There's moving around/setting traps to exfil. Like an actual sniper would do. But those shouldn't detract from the game. You can play on easy with no bullet drop if you just want to snipe. Or do the bullet drop/travel a la Battlefield: Bad Company 2 if that's your sort of thing.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, that's what I was asking about. Cheers. I might buy it soon after all.

You should, the Beta has a lot of the main content, parts of the world aside, so it's a very good experience even with some of the balance overcompensation. Also, this will probably the only time that the Raistlin talent will be overpowered, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Edit: Oh, and nah, I didn't back the game. I've become disillusioned towards pledging to successful Kickstarters as the devs, understandably, can't guarantee that the higher-tier goodies will (or won't) carry over to Steam. I certainly wouldn't have backed Broken Age if I knew Double Fine was going to stuff up the key distribution and ignore any pleas by those who backed $25 or more to receive the Steam version of the OST. Utterly appalling, really.

At first:

But then:

And later on:

Nothing since. All DF had to do was make a separate sub for the OST alone, get keys from Valve, and submit them to Humble to distribute to those who pledged $25 or more. But nope.

That's disappointing to hear, especially coming from Double Fine. I do hope they rectify the situation, even after all this time.

Is Sniper Elite V2 worth the sales price?

Is it just sniping with no moving around?

It's biased toward an action/arcade experience more than a simulation especially more so than it's predecessor. It additionally has a score attack system based around trick shots that is well done. Someone can post that one sophomoric gif highlighting that one particular body shot if they want, but in reality that gif is misleading as the ingame damage modeling includes the major aspects of the human body. If you get really good, you can even hit grenades causing them to take out their owners and surrounding allies.

JaseC

And I can't use Amazon. I guess my only option is Steam. =/

Are you referring to DD games being restricted to US customers? Bypassing that is a simply as creating a US-based billing address and switching to it at checkout. I use that of Google's CA-based HQ (there's no sales tax on digital goods in California).

You should, the Beta has a lot of the main content, parts of the world aside, so it's a very good experience even with some of the balance overcompensation. Also, this will probably the only time that the Raistlin talent will be overpowered, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Ah, nice. I might jump on it when I pre-order Child of Light and Tex Murphy in a week or two.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Argh! My Playfire rewards still haven't been tranfered to my GMG account and that Dark Souls II coupon expires today.
Tense stuff. :(

And Risen's pretty great. Really rewarding exploration.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, nice. I might jump on it when I pre-order Child of Light and Tex Murphy in a week or two.

:)

Just a reminder that the Adrenaline Bundle is ending in ~8 and 1/2 hours.

Games included for US$4.99:

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Etherlords 1 & 2

Master Reboot
Expeditions: Conquistador
Rock of Ages
Postal 1
Gun Monkeys
Heli Heroes
Monday Night Combat
Bang Bang Racing
Axis Game Factory
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

*Titles include Steam keys.
**I haven't played every game in the bundle, so please don't assume the non-highlighted games are bad.

Pachimari

Alright. But I'm thinking, how do I know if games on Amazon comes with a Steam key? I'm looking at Far Cry 2 and would like to try out buying from them but only if I get steam keys.

Alright. But I'm thinking, how do I know if games on Amazon comes with a Steam key? I'm looking at Far Cry 2 and would like to try out buying from them but only if I get steam keys.

If it is on steam, you will see this:

capturevksrm.png

That page doesn't have it, so it isn't.

Edit. Beaten...but I had a nice fancy red arrow, so who is the real winner here?

Knurek

Hmm, Blood 2 is 60% off on GOG... Anyone can recommend the game?
I remember LithTech games working in 2 fps the last time I've tried (granted, it was back in Celeron 333Mhz days).

zkylon

zkylewd
so how possible is it for me to beat ac3 before dks2 is out?

i bet it's super long and i'll be compelled to 100% it but i bet i'll get bored and drop it at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom