• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was just charity. Otherwise Yaiba would have sold like 15 copies instead of 30 :p

Booo.

Yaiba is destined to be the Bad Rats of character action in like two Steam sales from now.

It's not really a character action game in the same sense as Ninja Gaiden/Metal Gear Rising/DMC/Bayonetta -- it's more... musou with a deeper moveset.

And it's a pretty decent game. I've put like 30 hours into it and gotten >90% of the achievements.

Well, it's not a bad game. (not 2/10 bad like Edge seems to think). But it is extremely overpriced to the point of hilarity.

It's a fun game. Better than a lot of others I've played, but I tend to like Comcept.

we really need a capcom humble bundle

Why? Most of their games have GFWL and besides, I own 90% of them already. :p

because i don't own some of them on pc and I don't want to pay a lot to double dip :p

If it gets them to remove GFWL, I hope you're right. ;)
I still need LP3 anyway.

Cheers! I should also point out my Steam ID is actually ThatBrownFella. I really should change my Gaf name

Did I get the right guy? I think I did. :)

Desura key that can be redeemed on steam. Have at it gentlemen!

One of these days I'll win one of these! >_<
Thanks again for another opportunity!

rtcn63

Of course, it's a satan simulator.

I see this now

Baphomet.png

MRORANGE

34" 21:9 IPS monitor for £520? That's pretty hard to beat.

2560x1080 is a doddle to push with 3gb VRAM but with the amount of AA I pile on on top 3gb doesn't go very far at 3840x2160. I'm going to sit a 4K monitor out until 980's or something are out as no way can I justify spending any more on GPUs already. Also isn't that Samsung 4K monitor (and the cheaper Dell one as well) a TN panel? If I was making that sort of investment I would want a VA at least.

Edit: Actually speaking of Dell haven't they got a 3440x1440 21:9 monitor in the works? That would be something I'd be interested in, panel dependant.

Edit, edit: Or maybe this.

Indeed, I would love to ahve a 4k 21:9 panel but the price and the gpu to push those pixels are way over what I am willing to spend. it's a bit weird seeing that LG 4k panel costing more than the samsung 16;9 4k screens, you would think it would be cheaper.

Also anticipating for the Dell screens as it might lower the price of the LG screens.

First time so forgive me if I have fucked it up

Was going to do this much later to celebrate employment, end of surgeries, half marathon & tough mudder completion, but those are looking months away. So to celebrate Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth announcement, here are some completely unrelated games

ps - user More_Badass - get in touch, Free copy of Prey is set aside for you since you were the first to answer about wanting a copy

Thank you so much for Sleeping Dogs!

And congratulations on the turning point, it's great when everything comes together, as that dude from the A-Team use to say.

def sim

there's this mass effect thing on the pax stream right now that's pretty great

"mass effect is more than a game, it's a way of life"

i can't tell if this is a joke

PriitV

Was going to do this much later to celebrate employment, end of surgeries, half marathon & tough mudder completion, but those are looking months away.
Thanks for alice and congratulations on the turning point!

topyy

Reminder: IndieGameStand deal on 1849 has 13 hours to end. Pay what you want, 1$ minimum to get a Steam key when the game releases (already greenlit)

City Management game set in a Western/Gold Rush Theme. It's on early access phase but it is coming along nicely.

Last bump I on this deal.

Also, I have been playing it a bit, and I'm loving it so far. Because of that, I bought 3 copies for fellow gaffers!

thanks for 1849.

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Planets Under Attack -- MB-B607531179730EF3 - Taken by lucebuce12. 3 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-3515F9AA8FF4CA2C - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-B49CC941787BAA67 - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Amazing Zombie Defense -- MB-76E17B93FD2FAF7C - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 5 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-451D9FBC039BA659 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.

t1397327552z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Hoping that a Telltale sale happens soon. Really need to pick up the Law & Order, Jurassic Park and CSI games before they get pulled.

kulapik

Just checked my loot, saw I had taken Sequence (picked it a few days ago), checked the storepage, saw the videos, and... it's not my style of game. Since I didn't activate it, I'll nuke it.Sorry for being a jerk, I always try to see if I like the games I take, but Feep likeness blinded me :( The problem is that I send the message to Modbot, but I receive nothing, and when I try to make the giveaway, it tells me that I should nuke it, thing that supposedly already did. Help, please?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is weird Anno 1404 isn't showing up for me in the brazilian steam store? :/

Although they're separate apps, they're the same game.

Dawn of Discovery = Worldwide, except
Anno 1404 = Europe (excluding Eastern Europe)

Was going to do this much later to celebrate employment, end of surgeries, half marathon & tough mudder completion, but those are looking months away. So to celebrate Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth announcement, here are some completely unrelated games

ps - user More_Badass - get in touch, Free copy of Prey is set aside for you since you were the first to answer about wanting a copy

Impressive, most impressive

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why does Anno 1404 have two names?

Perhaps due to pre-existing trademarks Ubi didn't release Anno as Anno in North America until 2070. For example, Anno 1404 was released as Dawn of Discovery, as mentioned, and Anno 1701 was released as 1701 AD.

Did Valve ever say anything about fixing this glitch?

85WQ2.png

You're seeing each individual depot for CoD4 for some reason. Depending on your current circumstance try either opting out of or into the client beta.

Trying out raffling a Steam gift. Hopefully it works.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut -- MB-A595CE84739B1065 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 10 entrants total.

t1397328630z1.png

Exuro

Just finished getting all of today's Playfire rewards. Just needed to finish up fez. Ridiculous but fun game.

Does anyone know how long Playfire support takes to respond? I sent them an email about my rewards not getting creditted to my gmg account. Have them both linked and have logged into them both but its been around 5 days and it still says 0.00.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So can I not Modbot gift Steam games already in my inventory?

Anteater

I guess I'll start Fez tomorrow for the playfire rewards, nothing like playing Fez on a Sunday morning on my comfy couch after an exhausting week of spreadsheeting work.

rookiejet

Sins is such an amazing game.

I've come around from hating it (possibly Stockholm syndrome induced, idk.) I'm in the end stages of my 4th game against the AI (after many aborted starts), with 46 hours clocked.

I still think it's way too complicated and fiddly; the giant tech tree is painful paired with real-time when you're beginning, and tedious after you're experienced, but I'm compelled to play it because the AI is a smug, relentless asshole that I feel I must smack down. And the way it scales conflict from a small, intense skirmish for a few planets to a giant brain-bending star system v. star system v. star system v. star system all-out-fucking-huge war is... not too shabby (I refuse to compliment this game that I'm clearly enjoying.)

Even though I half-think it sucks, you guys should probably pick it up. You'll start to think it's okay after 30 hours.

-MD-

I guess I'll start Fez tomorrow for the playfire rewards, nothing like playing Fez on a Sunday morning on my comfy couch after an exhausting week of spreadsheeting work.

Fez actually managed to stress me out which doesn't happen too often in video games.

Exuro

I really hope Beyond Earth has pre-order goals like XCOM did.
I forgot about this steam feature. What was the last game to use it?

I think other stores just gave out all of the goals which made the steam stuff moot.

and as I hit the end of the page I'll reask on this one...

Does anyone know how long Playfire support takes to respond? I sent them an email about my rewards not getting creditted to my gmg account. Have them both linked and have logged into them both but its been around 5 days and it still says 0.00.

Aitor

Sent one last week, playfire took 4 days to reply.

derExperte

PESEL: 76062256813

Used random fakenamegenerator.com.

Thanks. Did a second order then accidentally clicked on what apparently meant 'cancel' in the order history. Doing a third right now hoping they don't get confused and somehow take my money three times.

edit: Third one jumped straight to 'Zamówienie anulowane'. Eh, not going to try again.

Man, I wish I could pre-order Civ: Beyond Earth right now. Honestly, I was kind of expecting the Alpha Centauri-esque scenario to kind of be the final Civ V expansion. Gods & Kings addressed the early and mid-game game, Brave New World addressed the mid and late-game, they just kind of needed an expansion with its eye firmly set on the future. Not that I'm complaining...

zgKiGoO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom