• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
lol that's strangely specific

i should maybe try that game again

i only played it back when i didn't have a 360 controller, and it was terribad beyond belief to play with k&m.
Yeah, but it totally annoys me anytime it happens in any game. I mentioned Epic Mickey because that abomination was the only example I could remember right now, or else I'd keep pretending it never happened and Warren Spector died of a heart attack before he was able to release it.

It's fine with a 360 pad (which is the way I'm playing it), though I'd like the camera to turn a bit faster. That's another thing I don't like, when games don't let you change the camera speed (or only allow it for the mouse, but not for the controller).

Dr Dogg

I knew I should have kept a swivel mount monitor arm. Having to crank my head 90 degrees to read these fecking puzzle codes in FEZ has ruined my neck. That and I'm running out of paper.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kinda feel like replaying Amalur all of a sudden

Terra_Ex

Did like a big copy paste. Pretty sure these keys are unused. Apologies if so. Let me know if you didn't get a code if you won something. Might have messed up something.

Runner 2 is for the game btw, not the DLC.
Thanks for runner 2.

Was going to play through Fez to get the playfire rewards this weekend but I'm just not in the mood for it right now so I don't think I'll bother.

def sim

Alright. I'm going to do it; I'm going to play through the first Witcher. This should kill time before Dark Souls 2 releases.

def sim

The only thing that stops me from doing this is the swamp part. I dread going through that again. Great game otherwise.

Make sure to use some quality of life mods, like the one that lets you meditate anywhere. I generally appreciate role playing elements but the game has one too many tedious things about it. That fix made it a smoother experience.

I'll remember that, thanks. For now, I'm going to try to play it as is and see what the vanilla game's like. I somewhat recall the jank and original voice acting back at release, so I'd like to see what's new.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that stops me from doing this is the swamp part. I dread going through that again. Great game otherwise.

Make sure to use some quality of life mods, like the one that lets you meditate anywhere. I generally appreciate role playing elements but the game has one too many tedious things about it. That fix made it a smoother experience.
This is where I stopped playing it. The worst thing is that I was loving it all the way through, and I want to go back to it but I already forgot everything.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Playfire hasn't done much for me. Since I made the account I either already had the achievements (100%-ed Sleeping Dogs and Fez long ago + already had the listed achievements in Arkham City), or the rewards for games I'm interested into I don't plan to buy just yet (Goat Simulator). Still, it's nice to know it's sitting there for whenever the stars align. :p

OK, so I signed up for GMG, signed up for Playfire, and connected my Steam account to Playfire. I'm signed up for the stupid newsletter. Now how do I start earning reward money? Doesn't seem like Playfire registers my achievements.

Takes around 24 hours or so in my experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow maybe i'm not remembering ass bros so well but it seems like optional objectives in that game were a bit more... fun? or balanced?

also in general i feel like movement is a lot clunkier, like i never end up where i want to end up

ledges seem to have priority over haystacks and such so i end up jumping at a guy's face rather than hiding right next to him more often than not

i've just decided i won't tryhard too much for the optional things because they're seriously annoying, specially when there's many of them and one makes the other way more difficult (like don't kill anyone and interact with some cannons when there's a dude literally staring at them)

MUnited83

For you.
Haha. But those 2 games are just to drops of water in an ocean with almost 1400 games though.

Almost 1100 here. I don't think I finished a single game since I hit 1000 like three/four weeks ago. Started a few, but didn't finish any. Having fun with Nihilumbra right now, so I will probably complete that in the coming days at least :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How are you guys doing in the 52 game competition? I'm at 18, although I'm using house rules that count 10 hours of games without endings as a completion. And stuff like 5 hour long Shadowrun user modules.

I haven't been going for 52 game completion, but I've completed maybe 35 or so so far this year so well ahead of the curve. Of course I've purchased maybe 200 or 300 games this year, so ... womp womp

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How long does it usually take for Playfire rewards to appear? I played a bit of Fez and got some achievements, and it's been a few hours already.

Mugatu

Does anyone know how to open a ticket with Playfire? You're supposed to get $0.50 for connecting your Steam account but I never did. People seem to complain in their comments but I can't see that actually being the proper way to do it.

I know it's not much but every little bit counts and I'd just like to know how to do this for future reference.

How does this Playfirething work?

I installed the "Vulcan" Playfire program and now? Where can I see the rewards or what Games you have to play for these right now?

MRORANGE

STEAM | May 2014 - Playing with Fire

On a serious note:

May threads needs upcoming recommendations from you guys, I'll put up the details on how to submit for the OP - once we reach the 15th or something. Hopefully we can get more than 3 submissions this time :p

Does anyone know how to open a ticket with Playfire? You're supposed to get $0.50 for connecting your Steam account but I never did. People seem to complain in their comments but I can't see that actually being the proper way to do it.

I know it's not much but every little bit counts and I'd just like to know how to do this for future reference.

I didn't get that, either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ha. I shrunk my monthly gaming budget this year because I knew I was going to be busy with all the Kickstarter RPGs and Dark Souls 2, so this may be the first year in a long time that I finished more games than I bought.

I shrunk my budget too, I spend like $25 a month. Bundle madness :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, last page made me feel better about my 100-ish backlog.

How are you guys doing in the 52 game competition? I'm at 18, although I'm using house rules that count 10 hours of games without endings as a completion. And stuff like 5 hour long Shadowrun user modules.

I'm at 20 currently, working on 22 between Anodyne and Breath of Fire.

The backlog blitz, though, could be going better. I'm at ~-30. It's nothing compared to some people, but it's way worse than what I remember it being. Jumping back into PC gaming has definitely not helped.

nampad

So I was BBQing at a friend today and while we were talkig about movies and girls he mentioned a cute chick from the movie The Host. He was pretty surprised when I knew her weird name, guess who it was ;)

Exuro

How long does it take to get all the achievements in Fez?
I just finished today(played a majority of it earlier) and I clocked in at 9 hours. I actually played the game without using guides for over half of it though so it might be quicker if you don't want to enjoy it and just follow a guide. :p

spode

Guess Playfire started achievement craze 2.0 kinda like what happened around xbox 360 launch :/. There's no Playfire achievement hunt-thread or anything?

STEAM | May 2014 - Playing with Fire

On a serious note:

May threads needs upcoming recommendations from you guys, I'll put up the details on how to submit for the OP - once we reach the 15th or something. Hopefully we can get more than 3 submissions this time :p

STEAM | May 2014 - Playfire Technical Support

The May releases I'm keeping an eye on are:

* The Forest (early access)
* Transistor
* Killer Is Dead: Nightmare Edition
* Wolfenstein: The New Order

Not much to say about them though. They are just probably good/interesting.

How long does it take to get all the achievements in Fez?

About 3.5-4 hours for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom